Greavsy

Brandon Williams to 1p5wich

39 minutes ago, clblue said:

We have signed him as a back up defender so as a squad player will be a great addition 

You kid yourself if you think either your little club can afford the wages (part) for a back-up full back or the player himself will come to ITFC as back-up.

We know more about him than you lot, and we wouldn't want him back at Carrow Road, except that is as yet another weak link in an over-hyped visiting team.  

P.S. How long do you think it will be before those anonymous fund managers in far away Arizona  realise that they have bought a pup and pull the plug?

Edited by BroadstairsR

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

You kid yourself if you think either your little club can afford the wages (part) for a back-up full back or the player himself will come to ITFC as back-up.

We know more about him than you lot, and we wouldn't want him back at Carrow Road, except that is as yet another weak link in an over-hyped visiting team.  

P.S. How long do you think it will be before those anonymous fund managers in far away Arizona  realise that they have bought a pup and pull the plug?

Bit odd they are saying he's "just a backup" when he's signed on loan with no chance to sign permantly. Think Brandon will be happy with that? Left United as he was not getting any game time after all and now all the fans at his new club are saying he's just a backup bench player.. Dear oh dear drama already

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bit odd they are saying he's "just a backup" when he's signed on loan with no chance to sign permantly. Think Brandon will be happy with that? Left United as he was not getting any game time after all and now all the fans at his new club are saying he's just a backup bench player.. Dear oh dear drama already

I study the goings-on at that club quite a lot, and they have bought so many duds for years now. McKenna has had his fair share too. 

He might just have hired a bit of trouble with young Brandon.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Another one.

Where were this lot when the club was floundering in League One?

We do not achieve smaller crowds, our ground has a slightly lower capacity. It is usually sold out. That's another story, but at least we didn't bankrupt ourselves and then cheated on local businesses and a charity in the process of building four antiquated looking sheds that have remained half full for the best part of twenty years. Furthermore, our season ticket sales consistently remain higher than your club's and even need to be capped. There has been a waiting list for years. Norwich has far more potential support, a more populated catchment area and support that comes from wider East Anglia than little Ipswich.

We have noticed how small (miniscule) your gates were when the club was going through all those years of stagnation under the  ownership of Evans. They dipped even further whilst failing in League I. for three seasons and only built up with the aid of concessions and newfound success.

Surprise, surprise and so true of Binner talk that you couldn't fail to bring up that so-called "history" of yours, which amounts to what? Three trophies constituting just two over forty years ago and one in the age of black and white television.

Never in the history of sporting conflict has so much been made of so little when the Binners get their grandads to remind them of their brief period in the sunshine.

That they need to make so much of so little is just a manifestation of small town, small club syndrome. You even have a mass hysteria if your club gets a mention on Pointless or Tipping Point.

When this current bubble of yours bursts, as it surely will, then no doubt you won't come near our forum.

Best you buzz off now though. You embarrass yourself. 

Where were we in league 1? We averaged over 26,000 at home in league 1 and sold out every away game before pre sale as we will do again this season 

5 minutes ago, clblue said:

Where were we in league 1? We averaged over 26,000 at home in league 1 and sold out every away game before pre sale as we will do again this season 

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

4 minutes ago, clblue said:

His a left back and we already have one of the best young left backs in the country in Leif Davis who was phenomenal last season , no chance anyone is taking his place whilst his fit , we sold our back up left back today once we had replaced him with this Back up left back who should be an improvement sub ! Bought a pup? Lol Purchased us for a low price when we were at our lowest ebb, transformed every aspect of the club from top to bottom , incredible CEO & Managerial appointments and assembled a squad which is far more valuable than the one they inherited , got promoted in style , sell out every home and away game , more shirt sales than ever before , waiting lists of people wanting to watch the team and look set for another incredible season which according to the bookies looks likely to end up with promotion to the PL , what a disaster bet they’re really regretting buying the club lol 

"One of the best left backs in the country"

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, clblue said:

His a left back and we already have one of the best young left backs in the country in Leigh Davis who was phenomenal last season , no chance anyone is taking his place whilst his fit , we sold our back up left back today once we had replaced him with this Back yo left back who should be an improvement sub ! Bought a pup? Lol Purchased us for a low price when we were at our lowest ebb, transformed every aspect of the club from top to bottom , incredible CEO & Managerial appointments and assembled a squad which is far more valuable than the one they inherited , got promoted in style , sell out every home and away game , more shirt sales than ever before , waiting lists of people wanting to watch the team and look set for another incredible season which according to the bookies looks likely to end up with promotion to the PL , what a disaster bet they’re really regretting buying the club lol 

Look, we don't give a cr4p. You could have all the shiniest toys (you dont) but you're still a sh1tty little club from some dead-end town.

3 minutes ago, clblue said:

McKenna has had his fair share of duds ? Name them then please , I have never seen a manager consistently make as many inspired signings in 30 years supporting town as Mckenna his eye for a player is simply incredible 

What you doing on here bruv , oh yeah your top of the table enjoy and embrace every minute as it will be short-lived!

21 minutes ago, clblue said:

McKenna has had his fair share of duds ? Name them then please , I have never seen a manager consistently make as many inspired signings in 30 years supporting town as Mckenna his eye for a player is simply incredible 

It's not so much inspired as not insipid. Your 5 minutes of fame seems wonderful after the almost two decades of rot. And I suspect that your lot would still be mid table L1 had it not been for someone lending you money. Enjoy it while you can, being back in the Championship/. Something that is seen as success for you, and regarded as failure for us.

6 hours ago, clblue said:

His a left back and we already have one of the best young left backs in the country in Leif Davis who was phenomenal last season , no chance anyone is taking his place whilst his fit , we sold our back up left back today once we had replaced him with this Back up left back who should be an improvement sub ! Bought a pup? Lol Purchased us for a low price when we were at our lowest ebb, transformed every aspect of the club from top to bottom , incredible CEO & Managerial appointments and assembled a squad which is far more valuable than the one they inherited , got promoted in style , sell out every home and away game , more shirt sales than ever before , waiting lists of people wanting to watch the team and look set for another incredible season which according to the bookies looks likely to end up with promotion to the PL , what a disaster bet they’re really regretting buying the club lol 

Jesus H. You come over as some gooey eyed, parochial teenager with an unnatural infatuation with everything concerning some insignificant,  tin pot football club situated in a pokey little backwater of East Anglia. One so besotted and disillusioned that he has a need to broadcast his love-in like no other and in some detail, all over of all places the forum of that club's nearest rivals.

We've had it before from some of you lot, a brief moment of success and here you come anxious to crow about it ad nauseam only to disappear as rapidly as you came when things turn sour for you, as they always do.

Like I said, small town, small club syndrome.

220px-No_%E2%80%93_That%27s_Me_Over_Here%21.jpg

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, clblue said:

Blah blah blah... you are on the wrong website pal....

9 hours ago, clblue said:

Źzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I may not be in the majority on this but I don’t mind the odd binner coming on here but do have a couple of criteria I use to judge them. 

1) are they here for genuine accurate and friendly debate? The jury’s out on this one so far. You do seem to have had a rush of blood to the head after scraping second place last season and winning your first three games this. Playing the “history” card immediately loses you 10 credibility points, as does claiming fantastic ticket sales which actually only happen when you’re winning.

2) only posting when things are going well. Will we see you again at the end of the season no matter how results have gone? If you’re not big (and confident) enough to commit to this, then you can do one. We will still be here, will you be? I doubt it.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Jesus H. You come over as some gooey eyed, parochial teenager with an unnatural infatuation with everything concerning some insignificant,  tin pot football club situated in a pokey little backwater of East Anglia. One so besotted and disillusioned that he has a need to broadcast his love-in like no other and in some detail, all over of all places the forum of that club's nearest rivals.

We've had it before from some of you lot, a brief moment of success and here you come anxious to crow about it ad nauseam only to disappear as rapidly as you came when things turn sour for you, as they always do.

Like I said, small town, small club syndrome.

Personally, I'd get rid of him. He offers nothing new, repeats ad nauseum and clings on to the past like a small child clutching a grubby teddy.

And while we are at it get rid of that other absolute cretin 'Heading South' or what ever his name is. Why do we always seem to get the pathetically dim ones on here. There must be the odd 'normal' one who posts on twats forum?

23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I may not be in the majority on this but I don’t mind the odd binner coming on here but do have a couple of criteria I use to judge them. 

1) are they here for genuine accurate and friendly debate? The jury’s out on this one so far. You do seem to have had a rush of blood to the head after scraping second place last season and winning your first three games this. Playing the “history” card immediately loses you 10 credibility points, as does claiming fantastic ticket sales which actually only happen when you’re winning.

2) only posting when things are going well. Will we see you again at the end of the season no matter how results have gone? If you’re not big (and confident) enough to commit to this, then you can do one. We will still be here, will you be? I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Personally, I'd get rid of him. He offers nothing new, repeats ad nauseum and clings on to the past like a small child clutching a grubby teddy.

And while we are at it get rid of that other absolute cretin 'Heading South' or what ever his name is. Why do we always seem to get the pathetically dim ones on here. There must be the odd 'normal' one who posts on twats forum?

I will still be here don’t worry , we will be in the top 6 all season I would think anyway but if we’re not then fair enough ! I also think Norwich will make the top 6 this season , my reference to history is in response to being classed as a small club , simply stating that we have a much better history and bigger crowds now we are in the same league so therefore you must also be a small club ? In reality both clubs are big clubs for this division 

10 hours ago, clblue said:

Yeah but you're forgetting none of us have to spend time in the hell-hole that is Ipswich

12 minutes ago, clblue said:

In reality both clubs are big clubs for this division 

At the risk of being labelled a binner, I tend to agree with clblue on this one. Unless you are one of the top half-dozen in the country the level clubs play at tends to be fairly cyclical, sometimes you are on the up, sometimes down. We have enjoyed a prolonged period of looking down at our unfortunate neighbours as they languished in L1 while we enjoyed watching our team occasionally humbling some of the world's best players. Over the past few seasons Ipswich have steadily improved following the introduction of a good young manager, while we have seemingly regressed, to a point where we are probably at a similar level. How long their rise and our fall will continue is anybody's guess but at some point they will beat us again, maybe even this season.

At the end of the day both of us are too good for L1 but not good enough to establish ourselves in the Premiership. Like it or not, if you take it over a long period of time, we are very similar clubs in terms of how 'big' we are.

Firstly I thought Williams was a good player for us and with the right team coaching easily be a lower prem league LB. Personally I think we missed a trick previously trying to get him in on a longer term deal. With that said I couldnt care less where he plays now, whether Ipswich or otherwise.

Edited by jaberry2

9 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

At the risk of being labelled a binner, I tend to agree with clblue on this one. Unless you are one of the top half-dozen in the country the level clubs play at tends to be fairly cyclical, sometimes you are on the up, sometimes down. We have enjoyed a prolonged period of looking down at our unfortunate neighbours as they languished in L1 while we enjoyed watching our team occasionally humbling some of the world's best players. Over the past few seasons Ipswich have steadily improved following the introduction of a good young manager, while we have seemingly regressed, to a point where we are probably at a similar level. How long their rise and our fall will continue is anybody's guess but at some point they will beat us again, maybe even this season.

At the end of the day both of us are too good for L1 but not good enough to establish ourselves in the Premiership. Like it or not, if you take it over a long period of time, we are very similar clubs in terms of how 'big' we are.

Binner

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sooty57 said:

This "big  club" business is nonsense. We all know who the big clubs are. There are also some potential big clubs, the Villas, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesdays of this world who seem to have a habit of getting it wrong more often than not.

Basically the big clubs are from the big cities, population, support, wealth, history and international appeal. The hierarchy is firmly established.

Both NCFC and ITFC are firmly in the medium club bracket. There are lots of those and every one of them is capable of having their moment in the Sun just as the Seagulls are right now. That does not, or ever will, make Brighton a big club.

New signings often like to use the term "big club" in order to ingratiate themselves with the fans.

The Binners readily fall for this sort of talk hook line a sinker.  Perhaps there is some deep psychological reason for this.

I don't recall (hardly) any size of club reference on this forum with respect to NCFC. We have no need to being more or less content with the unique niche we have carved out for ourselves over the years.

Furthermore, the club represents a fine historical City that we can unashamedly boast about, rather than some half run-down hovel that most would find difficult to locate.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

which actually only happen when you’re winning.

Or more accurately giving them away for cut price!

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, clblue said:

1. We have had about 5m more through the doors as a club because we have a longer history

2. You need to go on your own website ... Cbeebies

x  

• Like 2

With binners turning up in this thread is it time to bring this classic up? Can't blame him for not having ever heard of them after all theyve not even been in the top flight for.. What, over 20 years? And the binners claim they are a massive household name

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Im amazed this thread is still going!

It wasn't until you replied to it :classic_laugh:

" we have a much better history and bigger crowds"   bin boy

Utter rot ! Apart from a purple patch in the 70s you lot have trailed your neighbours for decades. Smaller crowds, less time in the PL, qualified for Europe fewer times, lower finish in the PL.  Or are you confusing history with school lessons, where only one select period was studied.

Past 4 decades

City - League Cup,  4 Championship titles, 1 LI title, 2 FA Youth Cup Trophies

Binners - 1 Championship, one FA Youth Cup

I make that 6 more

Just now, RobJames said:

City - League Cup,  4 Championship titles, 1 LI title, 2 FA Youth Cup Trophies

Binners - 1 Championship, one FA Youth Cup

I make that 6 more

They achieved administration in that time too, successful in paying 5% of the debt they owed, success in screwing local businesses in the process.    Such grand history!