Seeing as the womens world cup match thread seems to have vanished into thin air thought I would do us a favour. Anyways, should be a fun watch.. Or at least it would have been had it been aired on a day and time that most people were not at work but hey, not like Australia has the best time zones compared to the rest of us. Oh well, should be one to keep an eye on regardless. We thinking England might be able to make the final?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seeing as the womens world cup match thread seems to have vanished into thin air thought I would do us a favour. Anyways, should be a fun watch.. Or at least it would have been had it been aired on a day and time that most people were not at work. Oh well, should be one to keep an eye on regardless. We thinking England might be able to make the final?

I'm off today so I'll get too watch it the Aussie fans are loud and proud , we'll have to play better today than we did against Nigeria and Columbia, !

I will be "working from home", so I'll be watching.

Although the quality isn't there yet, I do find some of the attitudes and sportsmanship very refreshing.

1 minute ago, NWC said:

Although the quality isn't there yet, I do find some of the attitudes and sportsmanship very refreshing.

Var has been good from what I've seen

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seeing as the womens world cup match thread seems to have vanished into thin air thought I would do us a favour. Anyways, should be a fun watch.. Or at least it would have been had it been aired on a day and time that most people were not at work but hey, not like Australia has the best time zones compared to the rest of us. Oh well, should be one to keep an eye on regardless. We thinking England might be able to make the final?

Good time zones for the two most populous nations on the planet...😍

Go Matildas!!!

1 hour ago, NWC said:

Is it ‘good sportsmanship’ and very refreshing when one of your main players gets sent off and a given two-match ban for stamping on an opponent?!  

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Is it ‘good sportsmanship’ and very refreshing when one of your main players gets sent off and a given two-match ban for stamping on an opponent?!  

I think in the whole you’ll find a lot less surrounding the referee and in general it’s played in a better manner. Lauren James action was really poor, she came out and apologised and has been given her ban. Using one example to suggest it’s not good sportsmanship is just silly

Australia the better team so far but England had the best chance.

In all honesty we've not played very well in this world cup and are somewhat lucky to get this far. Oz have to be heavy favourites. 

You can't get any sporting behaviour when Aussies are involved. Sam Kerr trying to pretend her own club team mate kicked her in the face.

1 hour ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

The joys of retirement - first a men's World Cup in Winter (far too cold to venture outdoors) and now this.

Absolutely.

Been an absolutely cracking summer of sport so far what with the Ashes, Cycling and now the World Cup. 

Not many jobs are being done.

This is one occasion when a lot of sh-ithousery could be justified.

Dampen the hostile atmosphere.

Silence that frantic partisan crowd

Frustrate the Aussie players. 

Win nasty England. Apparently they have been subject to some totally uncalled-for distractive behaviour prior to the game.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

We are much the better side, trying to play tournament football. Aussies relying long balls to Kerr. Poor oldLauren might need a new pair of calves. She has been buffeted all game long and the ref is ignoring it.

Keep the passing game and we will win. Our back three are spending most of the game on the half way line which shows the dominance.

• Like 1

We look solid. England don’t play the occasion they just play the game which I love. Hemp is smashing it for Norfolk and I am loving it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We look solid. England don’t play the occasion they just play the game which I love. Hemp is smashing it for Norfolk and I am loving it!

Hemp playing out of her skin. Ref's doing her best to screw us over, somehow she's given 10 fouls against us and only one against Australia!

The officiating is definitely pro Aussies, but wouldn’t expect anything less!

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Aussies starting to look very nervous and making errors. There for the taking.

Agreed. Hope we don't go too defensive, there's definitely an opportunity to get a second here and put this to bed.