Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Saturday evenings...

I see one of the binners outed themselves. Probably a bit premature but when the sack has been full for so long…

54 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

... are quiet on here this season :classic_ninja:

Probably because the shambolic transfer strategy that Webber has overseen over recent transfer windows (and the millions wasted in the process) has been binned. And several years too late.

3 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Probably because the shambolic transfer strategy that Webber has overseen over recent transfer windows (and the millions wasted in the process) has been binned. And several years too late.

This is the supposedly shambolic transfer strategy that included a key post-Brexit switch to the Americas and so has already brought us Sara? Yes, thank the lord that has been binned,

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Sargent and Sara are looking good…

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

This is the supposedly shambolic transfer strategy that included a key post-Brexit switch to the Americas and so has already brought us Sara? Yes, thank the lord that has been binned,

What the hell are you talking about? Webber had “p1ssed money up against the wall” and very little of it was spent in South America, relative to the amount wasted elsewhere.

Why are some people so keen to defend the indefensible?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Sargent and Sara are looking good…

Do we really need to get the record books out and look at the abysmal transfers over the last few years? 

Just now, Kingston Yellow said:

Do we really need to get the record books out and look at the abysmal transfers over the last few years? 

You can if it will cheer up your Saturday night…

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 22:47, Midlands Yellow said:

Poor amount of bites so far. 

Losing his touch... I don't bother anymore

On 12/08/2023 at 22:47, Kingston Yellow said:

Yes please. I like story time

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Another quiet one...

All the best!

I thought you had lost your log in and Duncan had taken your place with his season ticket renewal effort.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Morning 

Morning to you - you must have a spring in your step this morning. City in the promotion places and top scorers in the Division after a thumping 4-0 away win. What are your thoughts? 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought you had lost your log in and Duncan had taken your place with his season ticket renewal effort.

I did think about it but couldn't remember his name. Not Ed, the other one...

Do you think if we just gave him a medal engraved with "I am a better supporter than everyone else" he'd just look at that instead whenever he has an urge to make a post like this?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Morning to you - you must have a spring in your step this morning. City in the promotion places and top scorers in the Division after a thumping 4-0 away win. What are your thoughts? 

Watched it on a delayed stream, vary frustrating when SSN goes over to the ground three minutes before the stream has it. Shame about Sergeant but could be the chance Idah is waiting for. That do you ?

I'm up in Lincolnshire helping my son move into his new house (its old actually but new to him). 

Took time off yesterday to watch the game. Highly delighted we won in a game that we always looked comfortable with despite the stats saying it was a bit more even.

Early days but the new system makes us look more stable all round.

Best outcome was the emergence of Idah from the shadows. Good cameo appearance, some fine control, good assist and lovely goal. We will miss Sargebut it doesn't seem fatal aver Idah's performance.

Really warming to Fassnacht who did some simple but crucial things in attack and defence.

And who couldn't love Ashes despite hating him when playing against us. He really has taken his share of the load and given the others more space.

Just have to keep our feet on the ground and let the momentum increase. Forget Brizzpe. Rotherham is far more important.

5 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Do you think if we just gave him a medal engraved with "I am a better supporter than everyone else" he'd just look at that instead whenever he has an urge to make a post like this?

Well that’s really nice of you. Thank you, but I’d rather you helped me understand why this place was dead as a door nail on Saturday evening. 
All the best…

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well that’s really nice of you. Thank you, but I’d rather you helped me understand why this place was dead as a door nail on Saturday evening. 
All the best…

Because when we lose, people like to vent. A message board is a much more useful tool for venting than for celebrating. Have you not worked that out by now?

It's also a good place to play "look how great a supporter I am", and we all know you've worked that one out.

• Like 1

Nigel finally isn’t neutral on something.

He believes that Saturday nights are quiet this season.

Opinion unlocked.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Because when we lose, people like to vent. A message board is a much more useful tool for venting than for celebrating. Have you not worked that out by now?

It's also a good place to play "look how great a supporter I am", and we all know you've worked that one out.

No, I don’t get that. Sorry. Im sure just using it to vent makes you superior but I honestly don’t get it.

All the best…