Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Saturday evenings...

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Saturday nights are for fighting, no point being on here when there's nothing to fight about....

There was a binner on here fighting with a Leeds fan...

On 12/08/2023 at 22:34, Kingston Yellow said:

Probably because the shambolic transfer strategy that Webber has overseen over recent transfer windows (and the millions wasted in the process) has been binned. And several years too late.

🎣😁

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No, I don’t get that. Sorry. Im sure just using it to vent makes you superior but I honestly don’t get it.

All the best…

Me? I was here Saturday night (albeit afternoon where I am) and wasn't venting. You getting a bit confused? All that smugness impairing your judgement?

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Me? I was here Saturday night (albeit afternoon where I am) and wasn't venting. You getting a bit confused? All that smugness impairing your judgement?

Well I am confused. Why is it more fun to vent and why is venting seemingly the mode of superior fans?

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I am confused. Why is it more fun to vent and why is venting seemingly the mode of superior fans?

You're the only one who mentioned venting fans being superior, so I'm afraid I can't help you with that question.

As for why people vent, I can only speak for myself, but I don't do it for fun; putting post-game frustrations into an angry rant on here helps me rid my bad mood quicker.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You're the only one who mentioned venting fans being superior, so I'm afraid I can't help you with that question.

As for why people vent, I can only speak for myself, but I don't do it for fun; putting post-game frustrations into an angry rant on here helps me rid my bad mood quicker.

Well you vented to me for a day because I didn't like games being continually moved for TV. There was no need for that but I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You have to admit venting is a little bit for cry babies...

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well you vented to me for a day because I didn't like games being continually moved for TV. There was no need for that but I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You have to admit venting is a little bit for cry babies...

Do I? What else do I have to admit? Is there a list somewhere?

Does it say what you are if after an emphatic Norwich victory you focus on crowing about how you renewed your ticket and rubbing the faces in it of those who didn't, rather than just letting everyone enjoy the win?

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Do I? What else do I have to admit? Is there a list somewhere?

Does it say what you are if after an emphatic Norwich victory you focus on crowing about how you renewed your ticket and rubbing the faces in it of those who didn't, rather than just letting everyone enjoy the win?

Where did I do that Angry Dan?

It is a rummun old kettle of fish why you seem to spend half your time on here up the pole about me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Where did I do that Angry Dan?

It is a rummun old kettle of fish why you seem to spend half your time on here up the pole about me.

I didn't say you did, did I?

Smugness definitely causes confusion. I'll make a mental note. Peace out.

8 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Ignore him.

He's a time Vampire.

His modus operandi is to negatively engage with someone and then he spends the next x amount of hours trading toxic comments with them.

Time is precious. Don't give him yours.

He's also a wimp who requires an audience. If I have beef, I take it off board.

Billy Gilmour Sucks.

• Haha 1

To be fair the posters bemoaning getting Wagner in and then further moaning at the end of the season that he should have been sacked but wouldn't because he was Webbers mate have posted far less frequently this season 😊

Can't imagine why.

They wanted Farke gone initially too.

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2023 at 23:43, PurpleCanary said:

This is the supposedly shambolic transfer strategy that included a key post-Brexit switch to the Americas and so has already brought us Sara? Yes, thank the lord that has been binned,

Think Nunez deserves a mention too. Sara is awesome, but Nunez is not too shabby.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Do you think if we just gave him a medal engraved with "I am a better supporter than everyone else" he'd just look at that instead whenever he has an urge to make a post like this?

To be fair that is totally not his view. As far as I can see, Nutty's outlook is that he's a supporter, he can't control sh1t, and he just wants the club to do well. Sometimes we do really well and it's great. Sometimes it's sh1t, but it's nobody's fault that it's sh1t ,it's just sh1t happening because it's competitive sport and sometimes your competitors will do better than you.

What he's really doing is just taking a positive moment to suggest when things aren't so great, lighten the f*k up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Billy Gilmour Sucks.

And Grealish, Foden, and Rashford are truly awful too...  apparently 

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Do you think if we just gave him a medal engraved with "I am a better supporter than everyone else" he'd just look at that instead whenever he has an urge to make a post like this?

My medal says “I was right”

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Think Nunez deserves a mention too. Sara is awesome, but Nunez is not too shabby.

I am a bit concerned that Nunez might not fit into the new system.  He is a really talented lad, I am not sure he is cover for McLean or Sara

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

And Grealish, Foden, and Rashford are truly awful too...  apparently 

Billy Gilmour Sucks.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I am a bit concerned that Nunez might not fit into the new system.  He is a really talented lad, I am not sure he is cover for McLean or Sara

In my view, we're not rich enough to indulge in the idea of managers choosing players to fit into their systems in an uncompromising way. It's great if Wagner has vision, but equally he needs to create vision according to players at his disposal and what speaks to their talent rather than the other way around. I don't know, but my gut feeling is that he's already better on that score than Farke was, if only for the speed with which he has built something visibly cohesive.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

33 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

My medal says “I was right”

Although if you got what you wanted Webber wouldn't have been here to make the signings we made pre-season and Wagner likely wouldn't be here either.

So to correct you, your medal says "I was right, once."

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Although if you got what you wanted Webber wouldn't have been here to make the signings we made pre-season and Wagner likely wouldn't be here either.

So to correct you, your medal says "I was right, once."

Nah, Webber wasn’t responsible for those signings. He’s been removed from those sorts of responsibilities. Gardening leave in all but name.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

To be fair the posters bemoaning getting Wagner in and then further moaning at the end of the season that he should have been sacked but wouldn't because he was Webbers mate have posted far less frequently this season 😊

Can't imagine why.

They wanted Farke gone initially too.

I was in favour of change over the summer simply because I anticipated zero patience with the least setback after last season. I hadn't considered the possibility that we wouldn't have any setbacks though.

Very pleased for Wagner. I think it's regrettable that we're losing Webber shortly down the line though; the end of Wagner's success at Huddersfield didn't follow Webber's departure there by a huge margin. Who knows, though?

On Saturday evenings when our team is struggling this place is alive with posters ready to jump all over anyone who shows any sign of supporting our club. This is the point of me making this thread and bumping it a couple of weeks later.

Somehow I'm the fall guy in this instance too.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Nah, Webber wasn’t responsible for those signings. He’s been removed from those sorts of responsibilities. Gardening leave in all but name.

That would be convenient for you, but unfortunately ask anyone at the club, including the players signed themselves (a couple of them currently residing in properties I know of) and what you say is uhh..false.

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Well played, Jackanory.

Link me to where I called those three players "Truly awful" (verbatim) and I'll give £10k to the charity of your choice.

You know  that's not how this forum works Jockanory 😀 ,  no one has to prove anything  in the  wee   Billly debate, he's proving it for us. !! 

Still not that impressed by Billy, hooked at 2 nil down .   

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

That would be convenient for you, but unfortunately ask anyone at the club, including the players signed themselves (a couple of them currently residing in properties I know of) and what you say is uhh..false.

residing in properties you know of?

yikes!

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

residing in properties you know of?

yikes!

Special next door neighbours or chatted to them in the VIP section at Kings Lynn? 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Special next door neighbours or chatted to them in the VIP section at Kings Lynn? 

Checking them out from a hedge a mile away with night vision goggles?