S_81

Mason Greenwood

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Ronaldo doesn't want him their either. (Apols for the red top!!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23605312/mason-greenwood-career-ronaldo-saudi-arabia-feud/

Dont think anyone wants CR7 do they?
I mean couldnt cut it anymore in Europe so went to Saudi so he could complete his gold plated car collection?
Bloke is just a c**t.

On 22/08/2023 at 03:47, Fen Canary said:

Should we use this as the basis for convicting people of other crimes? “You seem to be a horrible person, and there’s no smoke without fire therefore I find you guilty of murder, have 25 years in the slammer!”

Allegations of offences of a sexual nature are fundamentally different from any other crimes and thus need to be treated accordingly. 

It irks me that it seems that the judicial processes involved with the prosecution of such offenses haven't caught up with the notion of consent, and when consent is coerced (therefore invalid).

On these matters, I personally go by the maxim of "anything less than an enthusiastic (verbally AND non-verbally) Yes is a NO". Lukewarm stuff or "lay back and think of England" does not do it for me.

He's had his contract terminated by mutual consent. Had to ask his lawyer what "consent" meant.

• Haha 2

I see a lot of Nigerians are angry on social media claming it's all just racism and nothing else.. Beacause despite him having been born in England, speaks only English with an English accent has only ever lived in England and has only ever played for the England youth academies yet acording to them he is in fact a full blooded nigerian who will soon be playing for thier national team.

Pretty sad if funny stuff even more so given he has jamaican ancestory and not Nigerian

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

59 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I see a lot of Nigerians are angry on social media claming it's all just racism and nothing else.. Beacause despite him having been born in England, speaks only English with an English accent has only ever lived in England and has only ever played for the England youth academies yet acording to them he is in fact a full blooded nigerian who will soon be playing for thier national team.

Pretty sad if funny stuff even more so given he has jamaican ancestory and not Nigerian

Don't go down the rabbit hole of Nigerian twitter, especially via Man United, Arsenal or some other big club.

If you think the Saudis are morally lacking, you've seen nothing.

There was one tweet with 10s of thousands of likes basically saying all the evidence showed was that Greenwood Mrs wasn't delivering the goods well enough and deserved everything she got etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Perhaps they want his bank account details 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sorry to have to say it, but you're a f****** idiot. 

Give your head a wobble. For God's sake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Perhaps they want his bank account details 

Fairplay FF - thats good for you. 

you got a Greavsy Grin! 

7 hours ago, mrD66M said:

Allegations of offences of a sexual nature are fundamentally different from any other crimes and thus need to be treated accordingly. 

It irks me that it seems that the judicial processes involved with the prosecution of such offenses haven't caught up with the notion of consent, and when consent is coerced (therefore invalid).

On these matters, I personally go by the maxim of "anything less than an enthusiastic (verbally AND non-verbally) Yes is a NO". Lukewarm stuff or "lay back and think of England" does not do it for me.

Fine in theory, but that’s not how things work in reality. Be a bit of a mood killer wouldn’t it if you had to sit down and ask “are you sure you want to proceed with intercourse?” every time you managed to get somebody back after a night out 

1 hour ago, Fen Canary said:

Fine in theory, but that’s not how things work in reality. Be a bit of a mood killer wouldn’t it if you had to sit down and ask “are you sure you want to proceed with intercourse?” every time you managed to get somebody back after a night out 

So people are quite literally dumb f*ckers then. Would explain the high proportion of unplanned/inadequately planned kids. Besides, foreplay's all about getting in the mood.

Then again, we already know condom use amongst men is really quite low. I shouldn't be that surprised.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

I wouldn't use such formal / clunky wording, but I'm not afraid to communicate my intentions clearly if I feel the mood may go in that direction. Often IME it's not really what you say, rather how you say it (dunno, or maybe it's my accent). But if it floats your boat, good on you. 

"Mood killer" well, it may happen when you can't "read" the person you're with, although is much better than making a direct move that turns bad. Drunken passes in clubs were rarely cool or smooth but learning experiences 20+ years ago. If I make a flirty joke/innuendo and it lands flat once, may be just the occasion or whatever, if it happens twice then maybe we don't share a sense of humour and no need to go any further. If I act like a kn*b or say something really crass, then a 'corrective' is well deserved. Rejection is a part of life, not to be taken too personally, and handling it well is a mark of maturity in my book. Those who can't, soon end up in risky terrain.

Tl;Dr- only you know what works for you and what doesn't, and likewise, your (potential) partner has the same right. Communication is a 2 way street.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2023 at 01:44, Nexus_Canary said:

I said in the first line that I was playing devil's advocate.

My opinion on the matter is that he should be at his majesty's pleasure but hey, his Mrs for whatever reason had a change of heart.

He broke his bail conditions and went to her house, she then dropped the charges.  Money...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrD66M said:

Be a bit of a mood killer wouldn’t it if you had to sit down and ask “are you sure you want to proceed with intercourse?”

I think this is where the problem lies. If the person you are hoping to have a relationship with is okay with having sex with you, why would seeking a partners consent for the avoidance of doubt be a mood killer? It's just a small sentence with a few words, sure loaded with meaning, but not sure why it should ever be a mood killer, its just part of the development of a relationship. Forgive me if I am wrong, but thinking like that suggests a selfish view of sexual relationships. Or am I totally out of touch here?

• Like 2

Low confidence meets lack of/poor communication and fear of rejection. Also sometimes, lack of empathy. 

Seems that some guys want someone who:

A) is available whenever they want and never says no to whatever they want

B) Cannot have a mind of their own / cannot change their mind for whatever reason / cannot be independent and must run her life according to master's wishes

C) Is a mind reader when the guy is a poor communicator.

In short - people who think in this way have a weak man's distorted idea of a "strong man".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrD66M said:

Low confidence meets lack of/poor communication and fear of rejection. Also sometimes, lack of empathy. 

Seems that some guys want someone who:

A) is available whenever they want and never says no to whatever they want

B) Cannot have a mind of their own / cannot change their mind for whatever reason / cannot be independent and must run her life according to master's wishes

C) Is a mind reader when the guy is a poor communicator.

In short - people who think in this way have a weak man's distorted idea of a "strong man".

They want a doormat with t-i-t-s.

Edited by TheGunnShow

There is humour in every situation. Rachel Riley was very active on Twitter in saying Greenwood shouldn't play for United again. Someone asked Rachel Riley MBE why she hadn't been quite so vocal about Prince Andrew. This is her response 

Screenshot_20230825_054606_X.thumb.jpg.760b646997a47132842f784f23380fbe.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There is humour in every situation. Rachel Riley was very active on Twitter in saying Greenwood shouldn't play for United again. Someone asked Rachel Riley MBE why she hadn't been quite so vocal about Prince Andrew. This is her response 

Screenshot_20230825_054606_X.thumb.jpg.760b646997a47132842f784f23380fbe.jpg

I heard that Lucy Letby would kill for a game.

On a topic very much related to this one, the events in the WC Ladies Spanish win regarding actions/behaviours of RFEF chief Rubiales - specially with Hermoso after the match - raise once again the issue of consent.

He's seen grabbing her by the face and giving her a peck, at what point did she consent to it - considering that silence or inaction does not equal consent? Never mind the crotch grabbing and then going into the dressing room afterwards to cop a feel or perv about under the excuse of "celebrations"?

FIFA is investigating the matter, surely the writing is on the wall to this guy.

Don't be "that guy".

Edited by mrD66M
  • Like 1

Rubiales statement today is laughable.  The coverage clearly shows had no time to consent to the really odd celebratory kiss on the lips.   Bayerns Rummenigge has come out in support of his friend  and it will be no surprise if the equally ridiculous infantinos FIFA does nothing or even rewards him.

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I heard that Lucy Letby would kill for a game.

A wee bit sick

41 minutes ago, daly said:

A wee bit sick

All subjective. Depends how dark your humour is. One person's "sick" is another person's "dark".

• Haha 1

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

United didn't let him go; he's still their player.

Oh I thought they'd released him 😳 

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Signed for Getafe.

Not a destination I would've expected, to be honest.

Sensible for him, decent enough standard but low enough to wait for the media to die down. Hopefully he can be left alone to continue his career in peace