S_81

Mason Greenwood

On 12/08/2023 at 15:00, PurpleCanary said:

It would have been unthinkable under the circumstances to prosecute her for that. People get charged with perverting the course of justice if they actively lie or act to get someone acquitted, or in rare cases to frame someone for a crime they haven't committed. The girlfriend just - understandably -  decided she didn't want to go through the public ordeal again.

It wouldn't be possible - you can't commit a crime by omission in this country.

Yeah, best decision. And then he can restart his career, preferably in another country and away from the limelight.

Such an attitude towards women should go down a storm in Saudi Arapia.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yeah, best decision. And then he can restart his career, preferably in another country and away from the limelight.

Was that deliberate?

He’s a really young lad who broke into a high profile life, he’s definitely made mistakes and needs to learn from them.

The issue for any club like I’ve said previously is most now have massive family values and the crowd made up from families! Anyone taking him on will certainly need to justify it with a very well prepared programme of rehabilitation if you like to show how much Mason is doing to pay for his mistakes!

It would be far easier to go abroad where it’s not so high profile in the press as it will be here in the UK.

I can’t say I feel sorry I’m any way, he’s certainly done wrong and Manure have carried out a careful and full investigation into the allegations and probably know the real account which paints Mason in a poor light or they’d have to keep him, so a mutual termination suits both parties. Sometimes we all make mistakes but the level of mistakes are there to see, he’s got to live with it now!

Whilst we don’t know why the prosecution witness had refused to proceed further a key point for me is the CPS statement that new evidence has come to light that would make a conviction impossible. Not unlikely but impossible. Given that he is innocent as not proven guilty and is and should be entitled to get on with his life. All the righteous posters on here ready to stone him should be careful of the glass houses they live in. 

innocent until proven guilty is a corner stone of our legal system along with habeus corpus. The court of public opinion is a dangerous place to determine right or wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

He's not guilty of anything

He not been proved guilty of anything would be more accurate in the circumstances. 

• Like 5

I think you need to be careful here, innocent as not prosecuted, but he’s admitted to making mistakes, so certainly not innocent of the internal investigation by Manure! If he was totally innocent manure couldn’t terminate his contract, they would be forced to keep him or be sued themselves!

Without doubt there’s been a very sour incident and allegations of a serious natured made and taken to the point of prosecution. New evidence and the withdrawal of a witness could be of no actual relevance to this case but maybe if character of the plaintiff! Just surmising here but without any actual knowledge the facts are he’s been released by the club, has admitted to making mistakes of a serious nature, tarnished him reputation and cost him his career over the past two years!

No one knows the truth but him! 

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Isn't that how the justice system works?

What if I accuse you of doing something and can't prove it, would it be fair on you to still bear the accusation?

I totally agree - but legally hes innocent, as no case has been proven for what ever reason. It doesnt meant he didnt actually do it. 

As Indy has said after your post - he has admitted wrong doing, so possibly in breach of contract / code of behaviour at the mancs so they can fire him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He not been proved guilty of anything would be more accurate in the circumstances. 

Wonder how many times the leaked audio of him demanding his girlfriend has sex with him when she says no needs to be posted?

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

And the alleged victim (his GF?) both their legal teams, the CPS etc. 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder how many times the leaked audio of him demanding his girlfriend has sex with him when she says no needs to be posted?

None! 

Just now, Greavsy said:

None! 

You get the point I'm making. He may not have been charged with a crime but from a moral standpoint..

No means no and I would like to see someone try and argue otherwise

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

You get the point I'm making. He may not have been charged with a crime but from a moral standpoint..

I totally agree no means no - but thats isnt the argument here. Its how admissible is that audio recording? Dont you think if it was a nailed on as you imply thats all the CPS would need to make the case stick? 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And the alleged victim (his GF?) both their legal teams, the CPS etc. 

Yeh yeh, you know what I meant you little tinker! 

• Haha 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12920854/benjamin-mendy-found-not-guilty-of-rape-and-attempted-rape-at-chester-crown-court#:~:text=Benjamin Mendy has been found,in Cheshire in October 2020.

Found not guilty at the retrial too! funny that! 

Just saying that because its on the internet doesnt make it true! 

Maybe if MG's GF didnt leak the audio she may have stood more chance of a prosecution. Although my understanding is they are back together now, so who knows her motive. Be interesting to see if she hangs about if his income dries up! 

Edited by Greavsy

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

He is guilty of being not a very nice person. 

But isnt that most of the Utd squad?! 

Man Utd are releasing him by adopting a zero tolerance stance for violence against women. The fact he has not been convicted is neither here nor there, as either verbally or physically he has done just that.

He lives to fight another day and will continue to have his contract paid in full by Man Utd, which suggests he'll be a 'freebie' for a club that wants to loan him.

I'm not sure moving to Saudi Arabia is the best way of rebuilding his career, as far as the public's perception of him is concerned, and I suspect it will tell you everything you need to know about Mason Greenwood.

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What if the girl just had a weird kink? Or pretended she did and asked him to do it? Maybe she did in order maybe one day blackmail him being a rich young man? I’m not saying these are true but there is always an element of context to anything you hear from third hand information with no context. 

life is very rarely black and white like people like to make out. Did he act like a pleb? absolutely does every 18/19 year old? Most likely. Is that illegal? most cases not. 

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

So, his career gets cancelled because of a false accusation?

Sounds about right for 2023.

Meanwhile, Paul Gascoigne, who admitted violence and rape and general domestic abuse, is regarded as a national 

Not sure Gazza is a national treasure, I always feel he is a little sad, and desperate to be liked.  I wasn’t aware he admitted to rape, I do recall the domestic abuse, and sexual abuse claims, but I thought he was equited in court.

With respect to Mason, his career should not be over, equally organisations, have the right to not to employ him.  Hopefully he can rebuild his career elsewhere, away from the spotlight and pressure which comes from being a Man Utd player.

Reading the press releases from Utd there is something odd going on, clubs have generally stood by players when accusations are made, Van Persee, and Dunk, for example.  To ditch a player is an expensive business, and why now?

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I see what you did there. Well played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

To ditch a player is an expensive business, and why now?

Fan pressure? 

Sponsorship pressure? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

The people who are happy at this decision should do a rethink. Imagine if they're falsely accused of sexual assault and their life gets ruined as a result?

I refer you to Andrew Malkinson. 

His life was ruined. But he didn't have the money or the "prestige" MG had. Rot in prison for decades - even after DNA evidence proved his innocence... after a long battle with the justice system, was recently acquitted and free. Worse yet, he's been made to pay for his stay at HMP, and next to no support to rebuild his life again. But one of his 1st actions after release? Went out of his way to meet/ talk to the victim that (coaxed by prosecutors no doubt) wrongfully pointed at him as the perpetrator of a heinous crime  - not with anger or vengeance towards her but with great dignity and empathy.

His life was ruined, still his morality remained intact after such an ordeal. Hopefully he'll be compensated fully so he can rebuild in some way and move on.

Greenwood will be fine - in another country. He has enough money coming in from MU to last a good while.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I think you need to be careful here, innocent as not prosecuted, but he’s admitted to making mistakes, so certainly not innocent of the internal investigation by Manure! If he was totally innocent manure couldn’t terminate his contract, they would be forced to keep him or be sued themselves!

Without doubt there’s been a very sour incident and allegations of a serious natured made and taken to the point of prosecution. New evidence and the withdrawal of a witness could be of no actual relevance to this case but maybe if character of the plaintiff! Just surmising here but without any actual knowledge the facts are he’s been released by the club, has admitted to making mistakes of a serious nature, tarnished him reputation and cost him his career over the past two years!

The odd thing is this statement by Man Utd:

“Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged."

That has zero legal standing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

“Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged."

Very odd

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Indeed a strange probably legally well worded statement. 

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

We don't know what the dynamic Is between him and his gf/wife.

They could partake in CNC for all anyone knows.

The girl may have released the audio as a spur-of-the-moment thing as she was cranky at him for some reason.

One thing is for sure, her and their baby will miss out. No more high life.

Do you want to trot out any of the other usual excuses for domestic violence? We have a real problem in this country for offences against women and girls - and it's because (in part) of enablers with attitudes like this. Sickening.

• Like 1