dylanisabaddog

Uneasy feeling about Sara

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm sure Sara need's another season to become the sort-after £50M player that some think he could be.

He's worth £20m at the moment. Could we afford to turn that down? Not if no one comes in for Andy O. 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There are some very big moves in the Premier League involving deep lying midfield players. I have a nasty feeling that the likes of Brighton and West Ham will be casting their eyes at Sara. Probably little we could do about it but I'd be happier if we'd shifted Andy out for a big fee. 

Dont live your life in fear 🙂

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He's worth £20m at the moment. Could we afford to turn that down? Not if no one comes in for Andy O. 

Yes we can afford to turn that down for Sara because a) he is worth more than figure b) we need to show some level of ambition.

Scott has just gone from Brizzle to Bournemouth for a reported £25M. Is Sara as good as or worth as much? Not at the moment. And I don't believe at the moment that any team bigger than Bournemouth will take him. They seem to be buying foreign players as usual.

I was shocked he got POTS last season over Kenny or even Angus. But I think many of our supporters, especially or travelling fans, think he is wonderful for being a Brazilian.

At the moment I think Championship is his level. I was pleased with his passing last week but in a 442, he is going to have to improve his defensive qualities. And that makes me think he wkon't be going anywhere, let alone for £25M.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I refuse to fall in love in players any more because the second I do they get sold

All part of supporting a club in our level im afraid 

luckily we have a few more coming off the production line 

despite some criticism in recent months, sara is a massive plus on Webbers record 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Scott has just gone from Brizzle to Bournemouth for a reported £25M. Is Sara as good as or worth as much? Not at the moment. And I don't believe at the moment that any team bigger than Bournemouth will take him. They seem to be buying foreign players as usual.

I was shocked he got POTS last season over Kenny or even Angus. But I think many of our supporters, especially or travelling fans, think he is wonderful for being a Brazilian.

At the moment I think Championship is his level. I was pleased with his passing last week but in a 442, he is going to have to improve his defensive qualities. And that makes me think he wkon't be going anywhere, let alone for £25M.

I think you can accuse Norwich fans of blindly loving a player because of their exotic name (Bali mumba anyone?)  but Sara doesn’t fall into this bracket for me 

This is not a fact. Far from it. It is just a "bad feeling" by the OP. Perhaps we are all getting carried away?

Including me.

This should mark the end of this thread.

We can all start off again if Sara is actually sold.

My title for the new thread? 

South American means Sod All, except for the money.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

So much for the South American plan. Take a risk with a player and as soon as they come good cash in.

I thought this avenue was intended to be more long-term than that. 

Has the club given any indication whatsoever that it isn't? As far as I'm aware there has been no concrete interest in Sara anyway, let alone any indication from the club that they'd be willing to sell him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I refuse to fall in love in players any more because the second I do they get sold

That's a strange , slightly self absorbed view of things. As if your feeling have any influence on anything but you. 

Get

Out

More.  

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Has the club given any indication whatsoever that it isn't? As far as I'm aware there has been no concrete interest in Sara anyway, let alone any indication from the club that they'd be willing to sell him.

Yep its pure speculation which you could say about any of our players currently.

27 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm sure Sara need's another season to become the sort-after £50M player that some think he could be.

Or he could just end up going to Bournemouth or Leeds ins 2026 for £5m + addons which is more likely.
Our fans are deluded at times 😄

13 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I think you can accuse Norwich fans of blindly loving a player because of their exotic name (Bali mumba anyone?)  but Sara doesn’t fall into this bracket for me 

The away supporters were singing his name before he even played for us.

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Just got in before you.

The era when players played for a club for a lenghty period three is long gone.  Might get three or four years after which they move sideways at best or down the leagues.  For the talented at our level they get gobbled up by PL wannabees, not the likes of Man C or Liverpool for ex City signings.  Cannot afford if PL come calling, even if its Palace or Bournemouth.  Enjoy Sara as long **** he graces Carrow Rd, and wish him the best if move does come to fruiition.  As for any indication club will sell, you can guarantee they will in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Someone would have to clear £30m to take him from us.  Despite what people keep claiming, we don't need to sell, so it would have to be a sizeable offer for us to consider.  

He's the heart of our midfield which is a key position, and one without cover...  Whereas, Aarons we knew was done here, Rashica was done last season and this is the tail end of that deal going through still, AO will only go if there's a very high offer - but he has nothing like the importance of Sara to this team.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

I think there's too many questions marks over Sara still for any club at a higher level to bring the sort of money we'd be asking for. If he shows good form until January I think he'd be at greater risk then.

29 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Oh for owners capable of keeping our best players for more than a couple of seasons...

We kept Pukki for 5 seasons, Aarons for 5 seasons, we've had Krul for 5 seasons............ but yeah, whatever..........................

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We kept Pukki for 5 seasons, Aarons for 5 seasons, we've had Krul for 5 seasons............ but yeah, whatever..........................

No one offered top dollar for any of the three you’ve mentioned. If any team had we’d have accepted as we always do. 

14 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Someone would have to clear £30m to take him from us.  Despite what people keep claiming, we don't need to sell, so it would have to be a sizeable offer for us to consider.  

He's the heart of our midfield which is a key position, and one without cover...  Whereas, Aarons we knew was done here, Rashica was done last season and this is the tail end of that deal going through still, AO will only go if there's a very high offer - but he has nothing like the importance of Sara to this team.

This. 

webber always has said he wants to leave us in a better position than when he arrived 

i would say that we are off the field and on the field 

but i do not think that is enough for Webber i think he wants to make the bank balance really healthy,

i have said this for months one of the players we want to keep i would not be surprised if they left late in window ,

26 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

but i do not think that is enough for Webber i think he wants to make the bank balance really healthy,

I have thought the same, but thinking it through and presuming he will be gone by Christmas, the accounts submitted which will include activities taking place in this window is not going to show under his name anyway.   

In regards to bank balance, He'll be leaving based on the June 2023 accounts and can't do **** to affect that now.  So, if he's going to claim that we were in a healthier state than when he joined it can only come from his mouth.

I also don't think he'll have anywhere near the power in the final say as he has previously, either, if this does become a personal goal of his. He can only put recommendations to the board on what the club should do, and being avid fans themselves I expect they're very aware of the importance of Sara at this club.

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I have thought the same, but thinking it through and presuming he will be gone by Christmas, the accounts submitted which will include activities taking place in this window is not going to show under his name anyway.   

In regards to bank balance, He'll be leaving based on the June 2023 accounts and can't do **** to affect that now.  So, if he's going to claim that we were in a healthier state than when he joined it can only come from his mouth.

I also don't think he'll have anywhere near the power in the final say as he has previously, either, if this does become a personal goal of his. He can only put recommendations to the board on what the club should do, and being avid fans themselves I expect they're very aware of the importance of Sara at this club.

I Hope you are right ,

a lot of talk about outward going players expected to move etc 

Nothing really on incoming seems Sorensen is the can do a job there if needed from Wagner ,

Still a time to go yet until window closes hope we see a few signings to upgrade if possible 

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

There are some very big moves in the Premier League involving deep lying midfield players. I have a nasty feeling that the likes of Brighton and West Ham will be casting their eyes at Sara. Probably little we could do about it but I'd be happier if we'd shifted Andy out for a big fee. 

Brighton more so now caicedo will be off for mega money. Sara would be a loss but imagine the coin we could  get. Being norwich tho we'd be happy for 5m

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Still a time to go yet until window closes hope we see a few signings to upgrade if possible 

Tomorrow will be excellent opportunity to see where we are.  Before Saturday I was thinking that Idah should go out on loan and we bring in another forward, potentially on loan, too.

But after the weekend, my opinion has completely changed.   Same with Rowe.

I think if we had 5-6m to put into a player right now, it would be in the central mid position - but you couldn't guarantee them gametime.  So, I can see how Wagner is relatively happy with how things are at this moment.

It will only be signings outside of the expected Aarons and Rashica that would trigger us bringing someone in - as you'd think they would've been part of the budgeting by the club already.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Excellent ...looking forward to keeping Rowe , Sara, Omobamidele for 4/5 seasons.... 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Tomorrow will be excellent opportunity to see where we are.  Before Saturday I was thinking that Idah should go out on loan and we bring in another forward, potentially on loan, too.

But after the weekend, my opinion has completely changed.   Same with Rowe.

I think if we had 5-6m to put into a player right now, it would be in the central mid position - but you couldn't guarantee them gametime.  So, I can see how Wagner is relatively happy with how things are at this moment.

It will only be signings outside of the expected Aarons and Rashica that would trigger us bringing someone in - as you'd think they would've been part of the budgeting by the club already.

I cant say one scrappy goal has overly changed my opinion on Idah. I hope he improves his confidence and improves his positional play. On Rowe he was always going to take time to get up to fitness post injury and played well for 45 minutes. Im more confident of him having a good season rather than the former.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No one offered top dollar for any of the three you’ve mentioned. If any team had we’d have accepted as we always do. 

Just like 95% of other clubs. 

But Delia out etc. etc….

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Just like 95% of other clubs. 

But Delia out etc. etc….

I thought we were better than the 95% or are you saying we're just like the rest?

Delia to get a well earned retirement and hand over the reigns to someone with fresh ideas & vigour..... etc . etc.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

When did facts get in the way of some stuff on here?

• Haha 1