Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Michael Bailey

He is but he wasn't at yesterday's game ... family stuff.

On a side note - he is scaling back on his matches this season due to the evolution of his work.

15 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Bailey will be back once our Supreme Leader has finally found someone even more devastated than Delia who will finance his ego.

Lot to work through here

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We’re just a mid-table Championship side as of our finish last season, not a relegated EPL side. We simply don’t justify the full correspondent coverage, so MB’s been tasked to do other things for the Athletic.

He said on the podcast that he wouldn't be at the Hull game for family reasons and that this year he'll be at most games but beyond that he's cutting down on his Norwich content for the athletic and focusing more on "the world of football" 

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He said on the podcast that he wouldn't be at the Hull game for family reasons and that this year he'll be at most games but beyond that he's cutting down on his Norwich content for the athletic and focusing more on "the world of football" 

Still got Dave, Chris and Jack though. 

37 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We’re just a mid-table Championship side as of our finish last season, not a relegated EPL side. We simply don’t justify the full correspondent coverage, so MB’s been tasked to do other things for the Athletic.

Not sure that’s anything to do with us, more Michael being very good at his job. He will be missed locally, the best around. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Not sure that’s anything to do with us, more Michael being very good at his job. He will be missed locally, the best around. 

This, I completely agree. Absolutely quality insight and a personality to go with it. Always reminded me of James Richardson from Football Italia, a certain panache about his delivery. From here on out, we’re limited with who we’ve got. Connor? He’s pretty good. Beyond him though I don’t rate the other EDP journos

Just now, Danke bitte said:

This, I completely agree. Absolutely quality insight and a personality to go with it. Always reminded me of James Richardson from Football Italia, a certain panache about his delivery. From here on out, we’re limited with who we’ve got. Connor? He’s pretty good. Beyond him though I don’t rate the other EDP journos

Paddy is ok, Connor steady, but the rest are awful. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Reminds me of a cross between David Tennant and Richard Hammond 🤣

Michael Bailey > ACN > Paddy > Connor > The rest > TNC 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

I just feel anyone who has paid for an athletic subscription should be able to cancel. Nothing against Michael just feel some people would have signed up for something they are now not going to get. 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Paddy is ok, Connor steady, but the rest are awful. 

Davitt is a good football reporter, trained to print newspaper standards, and so capable of joined-up writing. But much of any newspaper’s coverage now isn’t actually print journalism at all, but carried out in cyberspace. And by people hired mainly for their cyber-media skills.

Which is fine while they are doing the cyber stuff, but the lack of proper journalistic training (plus nowadays the absence of any sub-editing to make stories error-free and readable) really shows when they attempt - as they sometimes have to - actual print journalism.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Canaries north said:

I just feel anyone who has paid for an athletic subscription should be able to cancel. Nothing against Michael just feel some people would have signed up for something they are now not going to get. 

I have never read The Athletic but as I understand it they really only cover Premier League teams and those who are either really big names, such as Leeds, and/or those who yo-yo between the top two divisions. The moment we looked like we had stopped doing that it was likely we would be lose that privileged status. There can never have been a guarantee the magazine would keep on covering us.

51 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I have never read The Athletic but as I understand it they really only cover Premier League teams and those who are either really big names, such as Leeds, and/or those who yo-yo between the top two divisions. The moment we looked like we had stopped doing that it was likely we would be lose that privileged status. There can never have been a guarantee the magazine would keep on covering us.

I’m not sure it’s that correlated with league position, more the number of actual and potential subscribers. I suppose there is an element of the neutral interest which increases the higher the club is in the table, but at the end of the day, it’s a financial decision.

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m not sure it’s that correlated with league position, more the number of actual and potential subscribers. I suppose there is an element of the neutral interest which increases the higher the club is in the table, but at the end of the day, it’s a financial decision.

That may be true, but either way, as you say, it is a financial decision, and there could never be any certainty that it would continue to have a designated Norwich City correspondent providing regular stories on the club.

• Like 1

Paddy Davitt must be a wow at parties . Perpetual frown and brings his own black cloud with him.  Guess that is to be expected when you have been a lifelong Coventry City fan . Connor does an excellent job ( bit too verbal at times) . 

6 minutes ago, Branston said:

Paddy Davitt must be a wow at parties . Perpetual frown and brings his own black cloud with him.  Guess that is to be expected when you have been a lifelong Coventry City fan . Connor does an excellent job (far too verbal all of the time) . 

Corrected. 😉

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

MB, Freezer and Paddy were excellent together. It’s a really hard listen now.

If Connor could just get to the point a bit quicker...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I do have the athletic and will say one of the main things that made me subscribe was lower league coverage. I believe most clubs have a reporter.  My friend is a Watford fan and they have a reporter for them. In all fairness I read all reports for both teams as we always talk about both teams and Michael did release more content. The problem for me is now Michael seems to have taken on more work leaving him less time for Norwich. I will keep the subscription myself as I do like to read about other clubs as well but for some, Norwich would have been the main selling point. To have their reporter not at the games will making it a waste of money. 

15 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Athletic has basically become the thing it set out to destroy. Upon launch in this country the model was local coverage for PL clubs and a decent amount of the bigger championship ones. Since then they've been bought out by the New York Times and in both this country and the US have ditched the local model for a more traditional style of coverage. 

As a company they fall in line with a lot of other start ups we've seen over the last 10 years or so. They arrive with huge backing promising to completely upend the current status quo, all while using their financial backing to lower the prices for their product in order to boost the number of users. This leads to more funding and the cycle continues until eventually the backers turn around and say it's time for you to start turning profits now. That's when you see the sudden cutbacks and rise in prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never mind - we still have Rob Butler - to give his expert opinion  on after match-----!!!!!!!!!!!!😄

19 hours ago, Canaries north said:

Well, I've just voted with my feet and cancelled my Athletic subscription. I've opted for the £6 6-month Pink-Un trial instead.