Sign in to follow this  
Naturalcynic

Uncut key?

I know the members’ packs have always included a bit of pointless throwaway tat, but an uncut key and a plastic wallet?  What proportion of these keys will actually be taken to a locksmith and cut into something functional?  Perhaps 1% at best.  And as for the tacky plastic wallet, the least said the better.  The next time NCFC do some eco virtue-signalling, just remember the uncut key and the plastic wallet.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I take it the membership packs are dropping through letterboxes ?

Yep, all in a protective cardboard carton complete with expanded foam insert to protect the invaluable contents.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I love how being given a wallet = "eco virtue-signalling"..

Just what the hell are you talking about?

The clues are in the words plastic and foam.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I love how being given a wallet = "eco virtue-signalling"..

Just what the hell are you talking about?

Clearly it’s the absolute antithesis of eco virtue-signalling, hence my suggestion to remember this the next time the Club tries to broadcast its environmental credentials.

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Clearly it’s the absolute antithesis of eco virtue-signalling, hence my suggestion to remember this the next time the Club tries to broadcast its environmental credentials.

‘No I will not listen to a word of it; yes the planet is on the edge of a cataclysmic rise in temperatures that will soon be irreversible, but you had the cheek to give me a plastic wallet?? F|_|ck you Delia!!’ 

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Members get a welcome pack?! What about season ticket holders? Where is my pointless tat?

Club's a joke.

Season ticket holders get a ticket to every (league) home game. Members get… what exactly? I’ve bought away membership for the last few years, even during Covid, but I haven’t this year. Not really because I don’t want to, but I’m pretty confident I can get a ticket for every away game apart from Ipswich without it.

So it’s not surprising they have to tart membership up a little. If the OP had told me we were getting something we actually want (framed picture of Delia?) I might be more interested.

Didn't you also get the info sheet informing you of the secret members-only area, which can only be unlocked with these 'keys'?

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Members get a welcome pack?! What about season ticket holders? Where is my pointless tat?

Club's a joke.

@wcorkcanaryhas got a garden gnome that is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I feel your pain. It's simply not fair. 

Obviously essex has not spotted this thread yet as memberships is one of his many sticks that he infests this forum with in his crusade to beat the club at any and every opportunity.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Obviously essex has not spotted this thread yet as memberships is one of his many sticks that he infests this forum with in his crusade to beat the club at any and every opportunity.

He's very much alive on other threads with his multiple sticks.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He's very much alive on other threads with his multiple sticks.

The man is the forum pest.

• Like 1

You mean  this little fella. My in laws got him for me, maybe 20 years ago. No idea if it was official merch. 

IMG_20230714_131644.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You mean  this little fella. My in laws got him for me, maybe 20 years ago. No idea if it was official merch.

Think it's a rebranded Jim Leighton fan club item looking at those legs.

14 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

I know the members’ packs have always included a bit of pointless throwaway tat, but an uncut key and a plastic wallet?  What proportion of these keys will actually be taken to a locksmith and cut into something functional?  Perhaps 1% at best.  And as for the tacky plastic wallet, the least said the better.  The next time NCFC do some eco virtue-signalling, just remember the uncut key and the plastic wallet.

Just so I read this right. 

The club issued an empty wallet to all members!? 

Do they not know you can't gift a wallet or purse without silver in it? The club just issued bad luck ! 

12 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Club's a joke.

My thoughts exactly! I bought a season ticket for the first time in one of the lounges and all I got was a card and an advert for their pub.

Even when I bought a membership few years back I got a pair of socks and a pen!

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

IMG_20230714_131644.jpg

A thing of beauty💛💚

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

IMG_20230714_131644.jpg

It is official, I have 2 of them, but one got tackled by norman hunter and is detached from his base...

• Haha 1

Good to hear I may be getting membership pack, but not in time for new saeson.  Plastic wallet goody goodt can't wait, but not a patch on the socks previously given.

I wonder if we are going to ditch plastic ceaser tickuts and go for mobile phone near field tech? I believe the readers are barcode scanner too so maybe a QR code for entry?

But, yeah, the pre-season pack they send you with 10% off at Frankie and bennies for 2 hours every 2 weeks or Grant Hanley telling us how special we all are goes in the bin.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

But, yeah, the pre-season pack they send you with 10% off at Frankie and bennies for 2 hours every 2 weeks or Grant Hanley telling us how special we all are goes in the bin.

What if they included an A4 sheet with the words "You were right" printed on it?  You'd be straight down to poundland and framing it.

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

What if they included an A4 sheet with the words "You were right" printed on it?  You'd be straight down to poundland and framing it.

You know when you scan your card and it lights up a different colour depending on what type of ticket you have (Adult, Youth, Senior etc)?

Mine spells out "You were right" in LED's and beeps "Right said Fred" by Bernard Cribbins

• Haha 1

Can someone tell me what the uncut key is all about then? I’ve just ordered my membership pack for home games - is this something I can expect? And why? I get the plastic wallet but not the key. All very confusing

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Can someone tell me what the uncut key is all about then? I’ve just ordered my membership pack for home games - is this something I can expect? And why? I get the plastic wallet but not the key. All very confusing

Here it is.  As a blank, I’m not sure it corresponds to any of my house keys so even if I took it to a locksmith I don’t think I have anything it could be cut to match.  Possibly similar to a Yale key?

IMG_0838.jpeg

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Thanks 1