Sign in to follow this  

Seems doubtful - the noises are that the new manager likes him - and surely PL sides would be far more likely if he were to leave, but you never know. 

Headline grabbing because Farke was talking about how good he can make loan signings like Skipp. Regardless he's not coming back here .

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Three days ago Ange was singing his praises, doesn't sound like a player going anywhere.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/postecoglou-admits-he-likes-the-decision-oliver-skipp-made-this-summer/

Couldn't get past the cookie acceptance page on that link. Those kind of website pages just want you to accept all cookies and make it difficult to do anything else. 

• Like 1

I think Farke and Leeds can whistle on this one. He isn't leaving Spurs anytime soon. He's been playing, Ange likes him and he is committed to making it there, he is, like Foden at Man City, a fan of the club he plays for (he reminded us when he was here!) so it would take a lot to see him leave.....and a lot of PL clubs would be interested in the unlikely event he was ever available.

Tottenham fans might hold it against him that he is one of those players who grafts and makes things happen for others. If his name was Skippio they'd probably think differently.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Couldn't get past the cookie acceptance page on that link. Those kind of website pages just want you to accept all cookies and make it difficult to do anything else. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

only Skipp we will be getting is to clear up the Rubble from new swimming pool !

I bet that particular zinger really hurt to come up with.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I bet that particular zinger really hurt to come up with.

I will get my coat !

i was booked all week .

I can see this happening, personally. 

Skipp done very well under Farke, Leeds are a sleeping giant, Spurs haven't taken to him, Leeds have money, Levy happy to take money.

If Leeds offer the expected value, I can't see why Skipp would necessarily chose anywhere else knowing what a player he can be in the Farke system and at this level.

He doesn't strike me as someone who's over motivated by money where he'd go to a prem league club on higher wages but with less guarantees on his progression as a player.

Edited by Google Bot

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I can see this happening, personally. 

Skipp done very well under Farke, Leeds are a sleeping giant, Spurs haven't taken to him, Leeds have money, Levy happy to take money.

If Leeds offer the expected value, I can't see why Skipp would necessarily chose anywhere else knowing what a player he can be in the Farke system and at this level.

He doesn't strike me as someone who's over motivated by money where he'd go to a prem league club on higher wages but with less guarantees on his progression as a player.

looks like he enjoys his football under Farke and like you said will progress as a player ,

IF spurs are willing to sell then i can see him at leeds ,

also if this is the type of player leeds are signing for Farke he will do very well there 

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You can clear the cookies after reading the page.

Spurs could structure a loan deal whereby Leeds have to buy him for £Xm if promoted. Massive sign on payment for Skipp, promotion bonus and keeps his Spurs salary.

If Skipp was a wanted by EPL clubs he would have gone by now.

It's not an impossibility he joins Leeds as he's hardly progressed since he played for us.

23 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

I think Farke and Leeds can whistle on this one. He isn't leaving Spurs anytime soon. He's been playing, Ange likes him and he is committed to making it there, he is, like Foden at Man City, a fan of the club he plays for (he reminded us when he was here!) so it would take a lot to see him leave.....and a lot of PL clubs would be interested in the unlikely event he was ever available.

Tottenham fans might hold it against him that he is one of those players who grafts and makes things happen for others. If his name was Skippio they'd probably think differently.

Comparing Skipp to Foden is a bit of a leap! 

Spurs fans don't dislike Skipp, they just know he's not good enough for a top 6 side. Their view is that Norwich fans loved him because he's a Norwich standard player. It's a bit difficult to argue with that, just compare him to other players in that position in the top 8 clubs. He's miles away from the standard required. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Comparing Skipp to Foden is a bit of a leap! 

Spurs fans don't dislike Skipp, they just know he's not good enough for a top 6 side. Their view is that Norwich fans loved him because he's a Norwich standard player. It's a bit difficult to argue with that, just compare him to other players in that position in the top 8 clubs. He's miles away from the standard required. 

Gracious, no, not comparing them as players, just examples of young English players who are fans of the club they play for. There probably isn't a club in the world who wouldn't want Foden playing for them.

Maybe I'm seeing Skipp through yellow and green tinted spectacles but he was such a stand out player when he was with us, one who looked bound for much bigger and better things. But then so did Fraser Forster and Ben Godfrey and neither  made the stellar leap to regular top 6 performer.

Come to think of it, how many players have left Norwich and gone onto be a big name player over a number of seasons at a top club?

Steve Bruce grew with Man Utd. Chris Woods shone at Rangers when they were a big noise. But not that many. I thought Skipp might.

• Like 1

The thing is when you play in a poor team, you can get dragged down to that level and especially in the position that Skipp plays in. Tottenham were so negative and poor last season and he played alongside another defensive midfielder.

Skipp is easily a top half premier league player, you just need a good balance of creativity around him. 

I really hope he doesn’t go to Leeds as he will vastly improve them and massively increase their chances of a top 2 finish.

46 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Gracious, no, not comparing them as players, just examples of young English players who are fans of the club they play for. There probably isn't a club in the world who wouldn't want Foden playing for them.

Maybe I'm seeing Skipp through yellow and green tinted spectacles but he was such a stand out player when he was with us, one who looked bound for much bigger and better things. But then so did Fraser Forster and Ben Godfrey and neither  made the stellar leap to regular top 6 performer.

Come to think of it, how many players have left Norwich and gone onto be a big name player over a number of seasons at a top club?

Steve Bruce grew with Man Utd. Chris Woods shone at Rangers when they were a big noise. But not that many. I thought Skipp might.

I agree with you and still think Skipp is "better than us" - or our level at least. I don't think that automatically makes him a top 6 pushing defensive midfielder but I do think he's capable somewhere at Prem level. 

I'd be surprised if he went to Leeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

Chris Sutton won the league with Blackburn and Emi has been superb for Villa since Emery arrived. And Dave Watson won the league at Everton and Phelan at Manchester United.  I'm a bit baffled like you that Fraser Forster hasn't done better. 

Skipp was a very good defensive player with us but was totally incapable of passing forwards in the opponents half. He's probably OK for a team scrapping at the bottom but players in that position at top clubs have an all round game and score goals as well. I live next to a Spurs season ticket holder who says it's like playing with 10.5 men with him in the team. A bit harsh but it's a club with very high standards. 

The answer to how good he is is to ask yourself if you'd swap him for Sara. I wouldn't. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Chris Sutton won the league with Blackburn and Emi has been superb for Villa since Emery arrived. And Dave Watson won the league at Everton and Phelan at Manchester United.  I'm a bit baffled like you that Fraser Forster hasn't done better. 

Skipp was a very good defensive player with us but was totally incapable of passing forwards in the opponents half. He's probably OK for a team scrapping at the bottom but players in that position at top clubs have an all round game and score goals as well. I live next to a Spurs season ticket holder who says it's like playing with 10.5 men with him in the team. A bit harsh but it's a club with very high standards. 

The answer to how good he is is to ask yourself if you'd swap him for Sara. I wouldn't. 

I would swap in a heart beat!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's like asking if you'd swap a ferrarri for a a yacht.

No it isn't. If Sara is a Ferrari, Skipp is a Fiesta. Base model. 

The fact that no Premier League clubs have shown an interest should be a bit of a hint. Leeds is his level. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

No it isn't. If Sara is a Ferrari, Skipp is a Fiesta. Base model. 

The fact that no Premier League clubs have shown an interest should be a bit of a hint. Leeds is his level. 

No, Sara is an attacking midfielder. Skipp is not. Entirely different players. Just take a look at their statistics. One of them shows a player who is skilled at interceptions, puts tackles in and progressive, short passes. The other shows a player who is more attack minded, creates chances and influences play further up the field. I'll leave it to you to decide which one is which. 

Skipp would have Premier League sides queuing for him. If Sara were made available I suspect he would not have anywhere near the choice. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

No, Sara is an attacking midfielder. Skipp is not. Entirely different players. Just take a look at their statistics. One of them shows a player who is skilled at interceptions, puts tackles in and progressive, short passes. The other shows a player who is more attack minded, creates chances and influences play further up the field. I'll leave it to you to decide which one is which. 

Skipp would have Premier League sides queuing for him. If Sara were made available I suspect he would not have anywhere near the choice. 

Not a single Premier League club has shown any interest in Skipp. No one will be interested in a very basic scrapper at that level. 

If you can't accept it from me, listen to Rio Ferdinando on BT at half time in Palace v Spurs. 

"Spurs need to get this lad off. He's out of his depth. He can't even pass the ball forwards" 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

38 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

I would swap in a heart beat!

Me too. Skipp was a very, very big reason that we got promoted. Him, Emi and Pukki were the reasons we absolutely walked the league. Sara has not shown anywhere near those levels, whilst looking decent.

Skipp should be in the Premier League, personally, I think he'll make it at Spurs, but if not with them, someone lower-mid Premier League would definitely be improved by him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Me too. Skipp was a very, very big reason that we got promoted. Him, Emi and Pukki were the reasons we absolutely walked the league. Sara has not shown anywhere near those levels, whilst looking decent.

Skipp should be in the Premier League, personally, I think he'll make it at Spurs, but if not with them, someone lower-mid Premier League would definitely be improved by him.

If Sara was playing with Emi and Prime Pukki, I suspect we’d also walk the league. 

If Skipp walked into this side tomorrow, it wouldn’t mean promotion. Like it did last time. Pukki and Emi were the reason, nicely supplemented by Skipp. 

• Like 1