cambridgeshire canary

No more incoming transfers confirmed?

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Wagner has said no more transfers. I don't know how much clearer he needs to be. 

But he hasn't said that has he. He has said incoming depend on whether any outgoings occur.

How many still calling out for a defensive midfielder just want that type of player rather than developing a solo CDM role, though?

What I mean by that is that you can crave someone like Skipp to come in to this team, but still play the system we seem to be aiming for. 

It's almost like when people would say that Gilmour needed a Kante to bring the best out of him, we're going a very similar route but our players are less contrasting than those two which should help if someone else has to slot in.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

I think there will still be some movement before the window slams shut.

Depending on outs, i would expect at least a dc, an mc, a left sided winger. Whether it be loan or signing.

Would love a striker, but honestly think they think they have enough options, i do not.We have Idah, i would much prefer a footballer.

23 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

But he hasn't said that has he. He has said incoming depend on whether any outgoings occur.

He said, "I can say that I don't expect some further business will be done, apart from obviously if some players will leave us, and then obviously we have to assess it maybe again" That is no more incomings anticipated. If someone leaves, they will assess. Not definitely purchase. 

I would expect the only circumstance is if Andy Omo leaves. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

45 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Wagner has said no more transfers. I don't know how much clearer he needs to be. 

He said the squad would be assessed pending any exits which isn’t quite the same thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh, I'd definitely agree with that! Finishing in the top two would be absolutely remarkable given the strength of the teams coming down. I still think we've got a good chance of the play-offs, although given our form at the end of last season Wagner certainly needs to get off to a good start.

What about the form of the three relegated clubs ? Just because the club may appear 'big', it does not mean the squad is better.

Leeds and S'ton have each shifted out around a dozen players. All three have new managers, with Martin not really setting the world alight previously and Farke (as with Wagner) being a flop elsewhere. And as it appears we have our squad sorted before the season starts, unlike the relegated three who will still be in the process of getting rid to reduce their outgoings.

I believe it will be more Coventry, Preston, Blackburn, and Millwall away we will see than Blackpool at home.

56 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Leeds and S'ton have each shifted out around a dozen players. All three have new managers,

That approach went terrible for Burnley, of course.

Leeds and Southampton both getting possession based coaches in too, if you've got funds for the better players, we all know that you can walk the league with that combo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wibble said:

I think there will still be some movement before the window slams shut.

Depending on outs, i would expect at least a dc, an mc, a left sided winger. Whether it be loan or signing.

Would love a striker, but honestly think they think they have enough options, i do not.We have Idah, i would much prefer a footballer.

I think it'll be more likely we'll just replace anyone who leaves, Rashica aside. 

14 hours ago, essex canary said:

With the parachute payments committed to loan repayments and the new share issue still outstanding and the wage bill needing to be reduced the many could be right.

You are Highland Canary’s second account aren’t you?

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I think it'll be more likely we'll just replace anyone who leaves, Rashica aside. 

Yup - think as it stands we have a big squad and ot makes absolute sense that we aren’t going to add to it unless players leave.  

Given Webber’s recent record and his clear disdain and disrespect for the club, the owners and women’s football - not to mention the lack of 100% commitment - it’s probably for the best that he doesn’t oversee any further transactions that will drag us deeper into the mire.

The next AGM will be box office if he’s still here, Antenastiasio hasn’t stuck any money in and we’re, as I suspect we will be, hovering around the bottom 3.

Can anyone honestly pick 3 worse sides than us? Honestly?

Maybe Coventry as one. I’d have said Plymouth but even they’re poaching our best talent. And Webber had the audacity to say his predecessor had excreted urine up the wall. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Given Webber’s recent record and his clear disdain and disrespect for the club, the owners and women’s football - not to mention the lack of 100% commitment - it’s probably for the best that he doesn’t oversee any further transactions that will drag us deeper into the mire.

It's getting to the point where we need to start thinking about changing the locks.  That Sara has been as useless and equally hates us as much as Webber, and let's not discuss how crap Fisher, Duffy, Barnes, Fassnacht and Stacey have been pre-season, I bet they spit on the badge behind closed doors.

Honestly, at this point I don't know what to do with myself other than type out really negative posts on the internet about it all.

I really don't trust that sky above my head either, while we're venting.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's getting to the point where we need to start thinking about changing the locks.  That Sara has been as useless and equally hates us as much as Webber, and let's not discuss how crap Fisher, Duffy, Barnes, Fassnacht and Stacey have been pre-season, I bet they spit on the badge behind closed doors.

Honestly, at this point I don't know what to do with myself other than type out really negative posts on the internet about it all.

I really don't trust that sky above my head either, while we're venting.

Are you vaxxed? 😳

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Are you vaxxed? 😳

Nope, Shark portable for everyday and a Henry for outside or any spillages.  It's the wet & dry one. 

....You?

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

*snip*

Is it just me that reads Duncan's posts in the voice of Private Frazer? 

I just add a couple of "We're doomed!" whenever it's felt appropriate and imagine there's bagpipes playing in the background as I read the post.

I can't possibly take his posts seriously but I suspect that wouldn't be any different to if I read the posts normally.

What is clear is that we don’t have the proverbial pot to pee in. We have recruited frees and spent a very small amount given club claim that serious work was needed in the window. Some canny signings for sure - but enough? We shall soon find out. But the net spend is peanuts and it looks like the short term boost of new arrivals will be negatively offset by  long term loss of future talent in big Andy, mumba, etc… 

we are too involved to be impartial - but go ask a friend who doesn’t support us. Mine say we are a club in rapid decline having blown the opportunity to profess and falling behind with current ownership. We need a takeover far more than most clappers are willing to concede- and it this isn’t Attanasio then who?  

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What is clear is that we don’t have the proverbial pot to pee in. We have recruited frees and spent a very small amount given club claim that serious work was needed in the window. Some canny signings for sure - but enough? We shall soon find out. But the net spend is peanuts and it looks like the short term boost of new arrivals will be negatively offset by  long term loss of future talent in big Andy, mumba, etc… 

we are too involved to be impartial - but go ask a friend who doesn’t support us. Mine say we are a club in rapid decline having blown the opportunity to profess and falling behind with current ownership. We need a takeover far more than most clappers are willing to concede- and it this isn’t Attanasio then who?  

To be fair it's important that friends have something in common and it appears being as miserable and negative as possible is something you and your mates can enjoy together.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think most of my friends constantly say Norwich are gash and nothing has changed for many a year.

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I can't possibly take his posts seriously but I suspect that wouldn't be any different to if I read the posts normally.

You know they're taking the pish when you see a mix of Dads Army and early Prodigy as their main avatar images.  That or, there's plenty of space yoghurt being consumed.

Nostalgic twisted firestarter.

Edited by Google Bot

45 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

You know they're taking the pish when you see a mix of Dads Army and early Prodigy as their main avatar images.  That or, there's plenty of space yoghurt being consumed.

Yeah but I find myself looking at your new avatar and have this strange compulsion to send you all my money.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah but I find myself looking at your new avatar and have this strange compulsion to send you all my money.

Or get high…

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

What if someone has obviously slapped together their own avatar?

Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

What if someone has obviously slapped together their own avatar?

Narcissistic firestarter, one infected, twisted animator.

22 hours ago, Google Bot said:

How many still calling out for a defensive midfielder just want that type of player rather than developing a solo CDM role, though?

What I mean by that is that you can crave someone like Skipp to come in to this team, but still play the system we seem to be aiming for. 

It's almost like when people would say that Gilmour needed a Kante to bring the best out of him, we're going a very similar route but our players are less contrasting than those two which should help if someone else has to slot in.

Sorry your new picture gives me a migraine, I'm going to have to block you I'm afraid LOL.

17 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The next AGM will be box office if he’s still here, Antenastiasio hasn’t stuck any money in and we’re, as I suspect we will be, hovering around the bottom 3.

Can anyone honestly pick 3 worse sides than us? Honestly?

Maybe Coventry as one. I’d have said Plymouth but even they’re poaching our best talent. And Webber had the audacity to say his predecessor had excreted urine up the wall. 

Perhaps the 8 teams who finished below us last season who weren’t relegated…come on now 

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Sorry your new picture gives me a migraine, I'm going to have to block you I'm afraid LOL.

I thought it was cool, but did worry incase anyone suffered with fits or such like who read the forum, so am going to change it.  Sorry about that!