2clubbanker

Jamel Lewis going to the sc** watford on loan

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

There's only one sc*m.  Watford are not them, unless they've moved to Suffolk.....

Actually feel a bit sorry for them with the way their club is run with revolving door head coaches. The days of Elton John and Graham Taylor seem a long time ago.

And Leeds scum.

Was Jamal as good as people make out? Defensively he was OK but going forwards he struggled. Hard to know if he is better than Dimi or Sam now given he's barely played. I hope the loan works out for him, he's a good lad that wasn't quite ready for PL football and has now been stung by Newcastles vastly increased expectations under new management

57 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

That's because they were a long time ago old lad-nearly 40 years since Sir Elton wept at the FA Cup Final?

Yes, but then that is what the club was - a family style club with spirit. What they are now is a shadow of what they once were. There's a lesson there for every club and a good reason why DS is so protective of ours. 

6 hours ago, 2clubbanker said:

I’m a Luton fan that likes Norwich as my second team watford will always be scum as Norwich fans call Ipswich scum 

OK fair enough if that's your perspective, but you'll have to deal with the fact that you'll be in a tiny minority on here (probably of 1) and most of us had no idea about the Luton/Watford thing, so, whatever.

As to Jamal, how many of our players from that promotion have been with a premier league team ever since ?  IMO he was a top quality fullback, and leaving Newcastle at this point is not surprising now they can upgrade across all positions.  I'd happily have him back but it's not a priority position.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

OK fair enough if that's your perspective, but you'll have to deal with the fact that you'll be in a tiny minority on here (probably of 1) and most of us had no idea about the Luton/Watford thing, so, whatever.

As to Jamal, how many of our players from that promotion have been with a premier league team ever since ?  IMO he was a top quality fullback, and leaving Newcastle at this point is not surprising now they can upgrade across all positions.  I'd happily have him back but it's not a priority position.

Bit presumptuous 

well I’ve doubled that small minority and i‘M sure many others are aware of the Luton Watford (beds and Herts) rivalry 

Re: Lewis - I agree with your viewpoint here 

7 hours ago, 2clubbanker said:

I’m a Luton fan that likes Norwich as my second team watford will always be scum as Norwich fans call Ipswich scum 

Are you from Norwich? I already know one luton fan who lives here, surely there can't be two! Sam? Is this you?!

The only thing i didn't like about watford late 1980's , i remember one end you had to walk through allotments to get to ground ....

On 19/07/2023 at 07:55, Danke bitte said:

If you read the poster’s name he supports 2 clubs. From memory the other club is Luton

How can you support two league clubs? Outrageous behaviour. 

I thought we did well to sell him for the amount we got from Newcastle.

He had great ability going forward, but rarely used it. When he did it was then a pass sideways, of more often behind him, and the momentum of his pace going forward was lost.

Never really cracked on at Newcastle.

On 19/07/2023 at 09:07, 2clubbanker said:

Personally, I would never call another club 'scum'. It's silly, illogical, and shows a limited ability to find some original words to explain what you feel. Whoever started using tbe word about 25 years ago to describe football rivals has a lot to answer for. There are a few people who deserve to be called scum, but other clubs' fanbases do not.

• Like 1

Lewis has signed for Watford on loan for the season, with an option to buy him at the end of the season. 

Edited by Top corner

On 24/07/2023 at 20:38, Pugin said:

Personally, I would never call another club 'scum'. It's silly, illogical, and shows a limited ability to find some original words to explain what you feel. Whoever started using tbe word about 25 years ago to describe football rivals has a lot to answer for. There are a few people who deserve to be called scum, but other clubs' fanbases do not.

never been to Watford then? 

Tbh I think a lot just say it in jest but take your point 

On 24/07/2023 at 20:38, Pugin said:

It originated with Pompey v S'oton,, probably because the word scummer easily follows the word Southampton. There is no evidence anywhere of it arising from any dock dispute.

I expect in years hence there will originate an explanation for why neighbours being called binners (Binmen).