Sign in to follow this  
OnDaBall

Farke portrait

Drove past the Canary Pub on Yarmouth Road today, to see the Farke portrait has been painted over. I must admit to being a little sad to see a black wall again. 

I know he's at a rival now, but it would have been nice to keep it there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Drove past the Canary Pub on Yarmouth Road today, to see the Farke portrait has been painted over. I must admit to being a little sad to see a black wall again. 

That’s sad, I wanted to see that before the Leicester match in September. 

21 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Yes, real shame 

That is sad, what a waste. A great manager that presided over two fantastic title winning seasons. So what if he manages a rival. A piece of city character childishly abolished presumablyz

• Like 3

Not sad at all - he’s history and at a rival. All things change.  There’s nothing childish about it at all, that’s a very strange comment - it will hopefully be updated with a new ‘hero’.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

Oh no! When did that happen then?  Such a shame, the club booted him out not the other way round, he's rightly a legend here. 

Never be a rival in my eyes.  He may take jobs on a professional level but I fail to see how there could be animosity between us and himself.  People talk of players as being great servants, he was always gracious to us and the local media.   

Very rare to you see a manager come and go and there be no bitterness associated.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not sad at all - he’s history and at a rival. All things change.  There’s nothing childish about it at all, that’s a very strange comment - it will hopefully be updated with a new ‘hero’.

Isn't that like saying we shouldn't have a hall of fame for players ?

• Like 6

It would be well weird if someone who wanted Farke sacked got all upset because they painted over his picture...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s just wrong full stop. 

41 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Could be a very long wait............

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Isn't that like saying we shouldn't have a hall of fame for players ?

No. Nothing remotely like that.  I imagine he’ll be in our hall of fame soon if he isn’t already. That’s wholly different.

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s just wrong full stop. 

Why?  Maybe you’d be better taking this up wit the pub, as they clearly agree but could do something about it.  To me there’s nothing remotely odd or sad about it.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why?  Maybe you’d be better taking this up wit the pub, as they clearly agree but could do something about it.  To me there’s nothing remotely odd or sad about it.

Yet you would have painted a Dean Smith one so forgive me for ignoring your opinion!! 

2 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Yet you would have painted a Dean Smith one so forgive me for ignoring your opinion!! 

Wtaf?  Who in earth would do that?  You’re just plainly very odd.

And you do realise that replying to someone is the precise opposite of ‘ignoring’ them. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wtaf?  Who in earth would do that?  You’re just plainly very odd.

And you do realise that replying to someone is the precise opposite of ‘ignoring’ them. 

I was merely pointing out that your opinion is worthless when it comes to managers…..hope that helps! 👍

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

18 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

I was merely pointing out that you opinion is worthless when it comes to managers…..hope that helps! 👍

Oh look, there you go ‘ignoring’ me again!!

And you are completely wrong - I don’t think I ever said we should bin Farke, but a very clear majority did.  Maybe including you?  So, you can just continue ignoring me for all I care.  I did say and think Smith was good elsewhere, which he was, so sue me; he didn’t work out and is also history.

Shame, he presided over two incredible seasons and it was a nice little reminder of them. Not sure why they'd get rid of it. Unless he acts like a complete **** whilst Leeds roger us 3-0 then whatever he does there won't diminish him in my eyes.

If they did beat us, a hand of apology to the fans and a middle finger to Webber and that mural us getting replicated on the side of my house.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’ll be in the minority with that view.

25 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You’ll be in the minority with that view.

Fine by me. Majority wanted the ****show that is Brexit and also this govt, so way to go the majority, it’s always right. Isn’t it.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Fine by me. Majority wanted the ****show that is Brexit and also this govt, so way to go the majority, it’s always right. Isn’t it.

Actually, most people didn't vote Tory in 2019!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Actually, most people didn't vote Tory in 2019!

That's just the way the voting system works, but don't try convincing people that there's anything wrong with the voting system...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I like the idea of celebrating iconic former players and managers. History is part of a clubs culture. Fans of big clubs always celebrate their greats, and still sing songs about them. The mural was fantastic, and a real loss now it’s been brutally covered over.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh look, there you go ‘ignoring’ me again!!

And you are completely wrong - I don’t think I ever said we should bin Farke, but a very clear majority did.  Maybe including you?  So, you can just continue ignoring me for all I care.  I did say and think Smith was good elsewhere, which he was, so sue me; he didn’t work out and is also history.

For someone who doesn't care, you're getting rather wound up. 

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

Honestly the deification of a manager who achieved something relatively unremarkable in Norwich City history always sat very oddly with me.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

Honestly the deification of a manager who achieved something relatively unremarkable in Norwich City history always sat very oddly with me.

I don't know, how many times in our history have we won the Championship title?