Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Max Aarons

Definitely leaving apparently.

Interview played on Talksport and was mentioned in their news bulletin.

Thought I'd have seen something on here though?

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Interview with Max ?

Yeah, I didn't really catch what he was saying. I was kinda stunned that that had been mentioned in the news report.

He’s definitely off and I hope he’s polished off on his Italian 

Hope he gets a nice move, we get a good fee, and he really kicks on. Unlike Cantwell, he's never caused any kerfuffle, kept his head down and been a professional, mature head for his age.

• Like 8

Boat missed a season or two ago. Big Stu said £30m minimum but now we’d accept a third of that. That said Max needs to move on, great professional who any City fan would only wish the best. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

He’s definitely off and I hope he’s polished off on his Italian 

If you look at how well two other young full/wing backs, Aaron Hickey and Josh Doig, adapted to Serie A after moving from Scotland, I think that would be a great move for Max. Those two were both younger and didn't have experience at the level Max has had.

28 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If you look at how well two other young full/wing backs, Aaron Hickey and Josh Doig, adapted to Serie A after moving from Scotland, I think that would be a great move for Max. Those two were both younger and didn't have experience at the level Max has had.

Yes + working with one of the best managers of all time 

46 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Yes + working with one of the best managers of all time 

I'd argue that working with Mourinho probably wouldn't be a great move. He has become a bit of a caricature of himself in recent times, and seems determined to instil a belligerent, anti-sporting attitude in his teams to turn games as scrappy as possible and pressurise the refs at all times, like we saw in the Europa League final. I don't feel like it's the best environment for a young player to grow. 

Atalanta would be the best shout of any Serie A side, I reckon. They're in Europe again, Gasperini loves his wing backs and he likes to rotate so there'd be plenty of game time. Or someone like Bologna, Fiorentina or Torino if they didn't all have decent right full/wing backs already.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd argue that working with Mourinho probably wouldn't be a great move. He has become a bit of a caricature of himself in recent times, and seems determined to instil a belligerent, anti-sporting attitude in his teams to turn games as scrappy as possible and pressurise the refs at all times, like we saw in the Europa League final. I don't feel like it's the best environment for a young player to grow. 

Atalanta would be the best shout of any Serie A side, I reckon. They're in Europe again, Gasperini loves his wing backs and he likes to rotate so there'd be plenty of game time. Or someone like Bologna, Fiorentina or Torino if they didn't all have decent right full/wing backs already.

He’s off to Roma mate 

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I know he's been linked in the past, but haven't seen anything concrete. Do you know something the rest of us don't!?

If true, I'd be pleased to see him in Serie A but disappointed to see him at Roma.

I’ll reveal my sources once/if it happens but my source is pretty reliable 

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not sure re. the bit in bold - Aarons strikes me as the hyper-professional, rarely satisfied sort of player who could thrive under that. Not sure if you remember the video with McLean and Skipp answering questions about teammates but one of the questions was "who is the biggest moaner?"

And Skipp said that was an incredibly easy question to answer.

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not sure re. the bit in bold - Aarons strikes me as the hyper-professional, rarely satisfied sort of player who could thrive under that. Not sure if you remember the video with McLean and Skipp answering questions about teammates but one of the questions was "who is the biggest moaner?"

And Skipp said that was an incredibly easy question to answer.

I'm not sure if that's good for any young player in the long term. Mourinho has given debuts to a lot of youngsters in his time at Roma, but the only one who has played any significant minutes and actually established themselves in the first team is Zalewski. I suppose you could argue that Aarons isn't exactly young any more at 23, but we'll see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not sure if that's good for any young player in the long term. Mourinho has given debuts to a lot of youngsters in his time at Roma, but the only one who has played any significant minutes and actually established themselves in the first team is Zalewski. I suppose you could argue that Aarons isn't exactly young any more at 23, but we'll see how it goes.

Exactly, he isn't a newbie any more - we're talking about a 23 year old with about 200 games under his belt. If anything, Aarons might have become a little stale here. 

EDIT: Where I do agree is that it could go awry, and with Mourinho I get the sense there's no middle ground. He might kick on and end up in an England shirt, or fade away.

Edited by TheGunnShow

15 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Webber told us a month ago he would move on this summer.

Turns out it’s both of them!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Max deserves all the success and joy he deserves elsewhere for standing by the basket case Norwich City has become.

Dear Oh Dear....there's nothing like being dramatic....for some people. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Max deserves all the success and joy he deserves elsewhere for standing by the basket case Norwich City has become.

We get it. You finally got promoted to the championship after 4 weak pathetic attempts

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m amazed sone people even think of themselves as supporters of NCFC with much of the nonsense posted on here. 

I sure hope the rest of their life outside football isn’t as vindictive and unhappy as their City supporting days. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, duke63 said:

I’m amazed sone people even think of themselves as supporters of NCFC with much of the nonsense posted on here. 

I sure hope the rest of their life outside football isn’t as vindictive and unhappy as their City supporting days. 

It’s a trait of certain norwich fans that they’re not happy unless they’re unhappy. 

that’s why they go missing during the good times. 

Id say football fans in general however we seem to breed them 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Boat missed a season or two ago. Big Stu said £30m minimum but now we’d accept a third of that. That said Max needs to move on, great professional who any City would only wish the best. 

100% agree. Good luck Max and thanks

23 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should have been sold last season if not the season before really. Still, hope we can get a decent ammount and he goes on to do well

He’s changed agent 3 times and pushed hard for a move but SW would not budge on his valuation.

15 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

He’s changed agent 3 times and pushed hard for a move but SW would not budge on his valuation.

Where did you hear that from mate? 

26 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

It’s a trait of certain norwich fans that they’re not happy unless they’re unhappy. 

that’s why they go missing during the good times. 

Id say football fans in general however we seem to breed them 

It’s also a trait of some fans of a neighbouring club to come on here and troll. Nora’s ghost is a well known one.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Lol 

16 hours ago, duke63 said:

Maybe they have got a life and don't see Norwich City (a business) as their bestest friend?