Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Why now?

The timing of all this isn’t good. If Webber knew in march that he was off then the new man should have been put in place then. Instead we allowed Webber to offer manager a contract and sign players for a season he doesn’t intend to be part of. And the new guy will arrive half way through a window - what a mess. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Given many wanted him to sod off asap, they get what they want but with the buffer - surely far better and more sensible than him leaving ‘now’.  His record in Championship transfer windows has been very good, and he’s here until March or more likely until his replacement comes in.  I really can’t see it as a problem.

If you think he’ll act unprofessionally, how will that look to prospective employers?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Given many wanted him to sod off asap, they get what they want but with the buffer - surely far better and more sensible than him leaving ‘now’.  His record in Championship transfer windows has been very good, and he’s here until March or more likely until his replacement comes in.  I really can’t see it as a problem.

If you think he’ll act unprofessionally, how will that look to prospective employers?  

That should be was. Last season was a disaster.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That should be was. Last season was a disaster.

No, that was the season before. Last season we got Nunez, Sara, Ramsey; the only failure was Hayden.  That is not a disaster. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The timing of all this isn’t good. If Webber knew in march that he was off then the new man should have been put in place then. Instead we allowed Webber to offer manager a contract and sign players for a season he doesn’t intend to be part of. And the new guy will arrive half way through a window - what a mess. 

The timing certainly raises and eyebrow.

Logically you'd think either announce in March and say he'll be staying to see through our summer window and then step away OR wait until September to announce it. Announcing it now just raises so many questions and gives a real sense of uncertainty. 

The only thing I could think is if they new the press had found out and they decided to announce now rather than it coming out from somewhere else. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

The timing certainly raises and eyebrow.

Logically you'd think either announce in March and say he'll be staying to see through our summer window and then step away OR wait until September to announce it. Announcing it now just raises so many questions and gives a real sense of uncertainty. 

The only thing I could think is if they new the press had found out and they decided to announce now rather than it coming out from somewhere else. 

Maybe the case - there’s little the club can do to control the media (not that it is as interested in us as it might once have been).  But tbh I can’t see it matters a huge amount - he’s going, is working his notice (for now) and has so far delivered three signings - it’s not as though he’s doing nothing/deliberately signing crap players - which seems to be the weird accusation from some.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Timing must be his replacement is about to be announced, so club clearing the Decks of the departure to enable an unfettered PR Blitz on the new arrival. Probs why local journos quiet, they have embargoed news and/ or invite to the unveiling.

As for Bromby, his departure is probably more to do with Colin staying on as manager and wanting complete control! 

When is Webber climbing Everest again?

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

He will already have an employer sorted.

36 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes, let's pay two people for doing the same job.

39 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Instead we allowed Webber to offer manager a contract and sign players for a season he doesn’t intend to be part of.

If you're narrow-minded enough to believe all decisions at this club are made by one person, of course.

If they knew in March, a replacement should have been found before any new transfer decisions were made. As it is, any new SD already has his hands tied because we have three new players who he may not want and has taken the club in a direction which he may not believe in. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not really more sensationalist claptrap im afraid 

webber constantly talks about his legacy, will he see that dented by signing players out of spite? Can’t see it 

40 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, that was the season before. Last season we got Nunez, Sara, Ramsey; the only failure was Hayden.  That is not a disaster. 

We were the only one of the relegated teams to have a net spend in the summer whilst Watford and Burnley spent considerably less than they bought through sales.

We finished behind Watford and miiiiiles behind Burnley.

Finishing 13th, with one of the league's biggest wage budgets, having been in the EPL the previous season and actually spending money on the squad, is a disaster.

Timing is certainly odd after his press round only a month ago.

and still we wait on news of the shares and Attanasio

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

We were the only one of the relegated teams to have a net spend in the summer whilst Watford and Burnley spent considerably less than they bought through sales.

Finishing 13th, with one of the league's biggest wage budgets, having been in the EPL the previous season and actually spending money on the squad, is a disaster.

conveniently forgetting about all the injuries of course not to mention the fact Watford and Burnley had to sell, we didn’t so of course their net spend will be less 

Edited by Yobocop

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No, not for me.  Last summer was ok; far more disastrous was the previous summer where next-to-none of the signings worked out.

Our transfers were minimal as we had few funds available, it’s largely irrelevant if it was a net spend, it was very low in football terms against few sales (Burnley and Watford had more) - which was a legacy of the crap previous summer.

This Stu business all smells a bit like wee lego hair krankie's 'I got lots left in the tank'....Then she threw in the towel shortly after....

Now the cynic in me would think.....erm, well you decide?.....

I suspect it was about to leak like wynn jones incontinence nappy 

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I guess it was always more likely that he’d find work in the summer / we would find his replacement in the summer. And they still harboured hopes that Webber would be key to getting us a play off spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, the season before was not the Championship. So all those players you mentioned performed brilliantly in the Championship this season. What games were you watching? I know you do look at matters through yellow tinted glasses but are you telling me that Nunez was a success? And that Ramsey, a loanee, was so good he couldn't wait to get out of Carrow Road and eventually rub our noses in it?

Sara won POTS and that was because so many have a hatred of Kenny.

• Like 2

I also wonder if it was about to leak or that he is now ready to jump ship to Leeds. Twitter suggests Attanasio has appointed the successor- but who knows? Lots going on behind the scenes I sense and that doesn’t make for a club all pulling in one direction 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

conveniently forgetting about all the injuries of course not to mention the fact Watford and Burnley had to sell, we didn’t so of course their net spend will be less 

Good point, we barely had to sell anyone whereas Burnley and Watford had to lose some of their best players.

No wonder they finished ahead of us.

Edited by canarydan23

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

No, the season before was not the Championship. So all those players you mentioned performed brilliantly in the Championship this season. What games were you watching? I know you do look at matters through yellow tinted glasses but are you telling me that Nunez was a success? And that Ramsey, a loanee, was so good he couldn't wait to get out of Carrow Road and eventually rub our noses in it?

Sara won POTS and that was because so many have a hatred of Kenny.

You don’t appear to be able to read/absorb what I’m saying.  So I’ll try one last time. I’m looking at things purely on a business basis, no yellow tinted view in any way shape or form.

Summer window 2021 was utterly dreadful with a legacy that we have been paying for since, and leading to much reduced business last year.  On that basis 2022 saw us spending very little on Sara, Nunez - combined way less than £10m - and loaning Ramsey was not bad business. Hayden didn’t work out.  The two permanent signings are being linked with £20m+ transfers (how realistically, who knows) which says something - and obviously far more than you can see.  That was not a ‘disastrous’ window by any factual measure.

32 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I also wonder if it was about to leak or that he is now ready to jump ship to Leeds. Twitter suggests Attanasio has appointed the successor- but who knows? Lots going on behind the scenes I sense and that doesn’t make for a club all pulling in one direction 

And I don't even like one direction, awful songs.

37 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You don’t appear to be able to read/absorb what I’m saying.  So I’ll try one last time. I’m looking at things purely on a business basis, no yellow tinted view in any way shape or form.

Summer window 2021 was utterly dreadful with a legacy that we have been paying for since, and leading to much reduced business last year.  On that basis 2022 saw us spending very little on Sara, Nunez - combined way less than £10m - and loaning Ramsey was not bad business. Hayden didn’t work out.  The two permanent signings are being linked with £20m+ transfers (how realistically, who knows) which says something - and obviously far more than you can see.  That was not a ‘disastrous’ window by any factual measure.

Purely business basis. Ridiculous. On a purely business basis we would have spent more to go straight back up.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Purely business basis. Ridiculous. On a purely business basis we would have spent more to go straight back up.

Ok, that pretty much says it all.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ok, that pretty much says it all.

Meaning? You don't have an answer to your flawed arguments?

You asserted last season last season's recruitment was successful. Then you asserted it was business wise. Well it wasn't. We are still in the EFL. £100M versus maybe making money on Sara and Nunez.

Edited by keelansgrandad