Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

This Message Board

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Superb.

Tbh it’s what BH’s are all about. I’m sure tomorrow, much like a few of us in the past, he’ll cringe a little on reflection :  D. Btw, given your wide ranging forum knowledge, what ever happened to TVB? Banned again??

Just now, Danke bitte said:

Tbh it’s what BH’s are all about. I’m sure tomorrow, much like a few of us in the past, he’ll cringe a little on reflection :  D. Btw, given your wide ranging forum knowledge, what ever happened to TVB? Banned again??

Just find it a little unusual for an older gentleman to be so interested in me whenever alcohol is consumed but, as my Dad always says, it takes all kinds of people to make the world turn.

No idea re TvB but you're right, he's been absent for a while! You're probably on the right path, although I've not seen any moderation on here in some time!

Just now, hogesar said:

Just find it a little unusual for an older gentleman to be so interested in me whenever alcohol is consumed but, as my Dad always says, it takes all kinds of people to make the world turn.

No idea re TvB but you're right, he's been absent for a while! You're probably on the right path, although I've not seen any moderation on here in some time!

Older gentleman, Philip Schofield, younger gentleman.

Am I being bold?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In fairness I’m not weeping over the absence… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Am I being bold?

Too soon Nutty.. too soon… :  D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Am I being bold?

Now, now.

Obviously Phillip has some professional difficulties, he’s been telling fibs, and now people who were smack bang in the middle of it are forgetting what they’ve posted - or - are also fibbing. Terrible behaviour.

**** like Dan Wootton are claiming to have tried to out him, while also having posted support for his exit from the closet.

C**** like this need to be kept an eye on. He’d be one that would want Farke sacked, never wanted him sacked and taken the money for Emi while keeping him.

Everyone knows though, people revert to type. Whether it’s the angry SundayDadStand, the LetMeDownFromMyDistantArmchair folk or the IGotCloseToATVCelebrityAndThenTheyFacilitatedMyCareerAsLongAsIPromisedTo type people; like an underwater cork, it always comes up in the end. 

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Go big or go home.. you’re going big and I’m cutting you slack 

He's going big because you're rubbing your nipple again... Stop it, no filth here! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Am I being bold?

Depends on what you mean Nutty.

If:

Older gentleman=Midlands

Philip Schofield=Philip Schofield

younger gentleman=Hoggy

...and you are therefore suggesting some kind of human pleasure sandwich, then that goes beyond bold Nutty - more like 'Everything Everywhere All at Once' (which just happens to be the film I am currently watching).

I just wonder where Gordon the Gopher fits into all of this. Maybe he can play defensive midfield?

The mind boggles.

Back to my film!

OTBC

Just now, chicken said:

He's going big because you're rubbing your nipple again... Stop it, no filth here! 

In fairness he’s taken the crayola’s to a white wall and not given a fk. Though it’ll cause hangxiety tomorrow I take my hat off for being that forward when p1ssed :  D

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Depends on perspectives I guess. The way I look at it, there's a much more significant quantity of anti-Webber posts + topics that range from mild dislike to burning personal hatred. I doubt if you go back the last 10 pages of topics you'll find almost any that defend him with such ferocious zealotry.

And yeah, as a confirmed 'Nutty and Hoggy mindset' guy, I do want to see us do better. I'm not elated about finishing 13th in the Championship, but I also feel like ripping everything out and starting again is a coin toss at best. 

This.

The biggest issue of recent seasons, that I have touched on time and time again, is that people only deal with very fixed positions with a very specific sets of criteria for them.

If you don't hate Webber then you must be a happy clapper and content with 13th etc etc etc.

I try and look at things objectively and then get a very impassioned response in an argument. I try to look at all angles, and there are things I just don't subscribe to.

Often, people start putting out silly arguments thinking it will strengthen their case, when in reality it weakens it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chicken said:

This.

The biggest issue of recent seasons, that I have touched on time and time again, is that people only deal with very fixed positions with a very specific sets of criteria for them.

If you don't hate Webber then you must be a happy clapper and content with 13th etc etc etc.

I try and look at things objectively and then get a very impassioned response in an argument. I try to look at all angles, and there are things I just don't subscribe to.

Often, people start putting out silly arguments thinking it will strengthen their case, when in reality it weakens it.

Completely, I think it’s easy to throw stones at what hasn’t worked, equally it’s just as easy to be apathetic and shrug your shoulders and say “I don’t care”.

I tend to be irrational on game day when elation or deflation is the overriding feeling then analytical the following when you’ve had time to digest. 

I have no doubt I’ve said some silly ****e on here  in my time but then who hasn’t?! I don’t make it my mission however to chastise certain posters who have a school of thought away from mine. Though I don’t always agree with a lot that’s on here I do think the Norwich forum is still pretty open and welcoming to most POVs and there’s also some **** hot opinions which make it worthwhile coming back (I check on here for player signing updates and not Twitter / official outlets for example)…

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm just glad people are fighting over something that's not something I have done or said for once!

“How can I make a thread not about me into one about me? I know, I’ll comment saying ‘at least it’s not about me’. Genius” 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Too soon Nutty.. too soon… :  D

No such fu*king thing! 😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm just glad people are fighting over something that's not something I have done or said for once!

Heaven forbid when you’re old enough to have a beer 

What people have to realise is that this message boards isn't an easy place to go to, you've got to know your job and do your job, you can only pick the words that are available to you but once you hit send you have to trust those words to produce the goods. Sometimes you have to accept that you can't compete with other posters who are better financed (yes, @PurpleCanary I mean you) or historically knowledgeable, sometimes it's not about winning, taking part can be the reward.

You don't have to agree with everyone, as long as you know you're right and they're not that's what matters.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

In fairness Hoggy, most of the forum are old compared to you. @nutty nigel's got socks that are old enough to be your great grandparents. 😉

It's mad to think that even I have been supporting Norwich for 37 years...as the saying goes, you get less for murder. I guess I'll be in line for a City Stand blanket in a few years - Nutty, can you hook me up with one?

OTBC

Webbers a cnut...

Although in a utopian football environment Norwich and ipswich are in the prem and the old farm is a big as the Scouse or mank rivalry.

A strong Norwich and ipswich are the best for this area 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

This message board isn’t what it used to be, but what is these days? 

Bring back Pete raven i say 

I consider myself to be middle of the road in terms of my feelings towards the owners and management of the club but I feel that the people who are unhappy about the way the club is currently being run tend to be more vitriolic than those who aren’t unhappy.

Maybe they think they have to be more extreme to get their point across, just like Just Stop Oil. Ultimately I think both will fail.

I’ve taken a break from here before when the atmosphere has got unpleasant, might be time for another.

20 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

This message board isn’t what it used to be, but what is these days? 

Indeed Yobo - Freddos now cost an eye-watering 25p! Even accounting for inflation, that's madness!

OTBC

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

What people have to realise is that this message boards isn't an easy place to go to, you've got to know your job and do your job, you can only pick the words that are available to you but once you hit send you have to trust those words to produce the goods. Sometimes you have to accept that you can't compete with other posters who are better financed (yes, @PurpleCanary I mean you) or historically knowledgeable, sometimes it's not about winning, taking part can be the reward.

You don't have to agree with everyone, as long as you know you're right and they're not that's what matters.

I will admit the "PurpleCanary How To Make Millions By Betting Against Norwich City Fund" keeps me reasonably well provided for but I will sue anyone who calls it a Ponzi scheme...😍

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No you're  not, you even posted that because it wasn't about you.  

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Depends on what you mean Nutty.

If:

Older gentleman=Midlands

Philip Schofield=Philip Schofield

younger gentleman=Hoggy

...and you are therefore suggesting some kind of human pleasure sandwich, then that goes beyond bold Nutty - more like 'Everything Everywhere All at Once' (which just happens to be the film I am currently watching).

I just wonder where Gordon the Gopher fits into all of this. Maybe he can play defensive midfield?

The mind boggles.

Back to my film!

OTBC

But it's more complicated Disco. Because you have to somehow fit me, Webber and the binners in.

And if you manage that then no doubt someone will mention a few divorcees and the women's football team...

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

In a world where everyone is allowed opinions, some people don't like others having opinions.

Yes and no, personally I find the "I'm entitled to an opinion" mindset a bit odd and, dare I say it, entitled. Mainly as I will maintain that it is missing the most important word out. That word is "informed".

One thing for certain is that the atmosphere on here is better when the team doesn't actually play.

It's easy to come up with fictituous positives and negatives when there's no on pitch evidence to support it either way!

This place is busy when we lose, not so busy when we draw or don't play, quiet when we win. It's the way of it...

14 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Depends on perspectives I guess. The way I look at it, there's a much more significant quantity of anti-Webber posts + topics that range from mild dislike to burning personal hatred. I doubt if you go back the last 10 pages of topics you'll find almost any that defend him with such ferocious zealotry.

And yeah, as a confirmed 'Nutty and Hoggy mindset' guy, I do want to see us do better. I'm not elated about finishing 13th in the Championship, but I also feel like ripping everything out and starting again is a coin toss at best. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to see us rip everything up and start again (although I’d argue on the footballing side the last 2 years we at least partly have).

Criticism is part and parcel of any high profile job, abuse shouldn’t be but is, which I understand is the unfortunate reality of what he has to deal with.

I think given what’s happened the last two years the quantity of negative reaction to him is going to be greater, especially given the deliberate (unnecessary and unhelpful IMO) provocation he engages in.

He’s reaped what he’s sowed to a certain extent, Nutty’s right if we won more games he wouldn’t be getting it as much as people wouldn’t care, but he hasn’t.

Mistakes are inevitable in any organisation, I’d actually argue failure is just a stop on the path to success. Personally I don’t blame him for making mistakes, I’m just intrigued by what’s being learnt from them. He’s certainly learnt nothing about PR.

I don’t agree though, yes within those posts/threads is a few with pretty much a deep seated hatred of the guy it seems, not denying it. But I also see plenty who won’t seem to accept a single reasonable criticism of the guy, which I don’t get. It just seems so polarised.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yes and no, personally I find the "I'm entitled to an opinion" mindset a bit odd and, dare I say it, entitled. Mainly as I will maintain that it is missing the most important word out. That word is "informed".

But aren't opinions just exactly that? Opinions?

There's no legal, humanitarian or moral obligation to be informed. And even so, when informed,  people still have their own take on it anyway, qhich is surely their right. So it's largely irrelevant.

And maybe this is one of those things that SHOULD be entitled: The air we breathe, the decisions we make, the right to have your own thoughts, no?

I'm of the school of thought that there thing should not be policed. They ARE an entitlement, surely?

Unless of course, like the OP, you don't like people being entitled to the basics of free thought and speech.

Then welcome to the Pink 'Un, you'll feel at home here.

Edited by Flying Dutchman