Sign in to follow this  
S_81

Webber’s disdain for our fan base

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It wasn't even a comment about our fans. It was a reference to the stereotypical men's football fan.

In regards to our fans, he talked about how fantastic it was to see generations of one family attending the same match, a Grandad, Son, Grandson etc.

No wonder you are sticking up for him hoggy as i see you failed to mention Grandmother, daughter or Grandaughter. Maybe you have zero interest in women in football just like Webber ? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No wonder you are sticking up for him hoggy as i see you failed to mention Grandmother, daughter or Grandaughter. Maybe you have zero interest in women in football just like Webber ? :classic_laugh:

FWIW i regularly let my wife play footy , once she had completed her wifely duties, i moved the ladder  between the bedroom and the kitchen, to the bedroom window so she could sneak out and play without embarrassing  the family by leaving via the front door. Am I not a kind, generous and loving partner? 

Just unhelpful phrasing (again) which could be ignored if he was any good at his job, but he’s failed (again), so just adds more fuel to fire.

• Like 2

FWIW, he didn't say that 40-60s fans are all drunks, he just said that you wouldn't fill a stadium with drunk 40 - 60s, which is true.  It's just a slightly colourful way of putting things.

The way some people take offence at any little thing so easily these days is a sad reflection of where we are as a society at the moment. We're heading towards being a society that stifles out anyone who doesn't say exactly the right thing in exactly the right way. Its a precursor to becoming like societies where people can be locked up for saying something that doesn't fit with the party line.

First stage of extreme right or left societies - stop or shout down people saying stuff you don't like. Once that is ingrained, it's a slippery slope. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

I think raising his constant need to disrespect the fan base is worth a thread, yeah. Even if you’re happy to be mugged off by him you muppet. 

Mugged off? 

have a day off and stay out of trouble 

Haven't people got better things to do with their time than get angry about this?  Find a new hobby, the sun is shining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Of course not, but like it or not they are essential for maintaining an atmosphere at men's football. The women’s game is totally different and for now attracts a much smaller cohort of fans.

Edit - that's my reply to S_81

From observation I’d argue it’s rather the 15-40 year old men (excited by either natural and/or alcoholic emotion) who on average get things going.

I exited this bracket* some time ago now but give credit where it’s due.

*by growing older rather than any more fundamental transition

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

@nutty nigel, that's you, that is. 😀

But my daughter comes too so the whole family are now mortally offended, DDs are being cancelled unless he's sacked. My BP is now through the roof and I'm so angry I could crush a grape...

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

DDs are being cancelled unless he's sacked

Well you definitely won't get drunk 40+ divorced men filling the ground for a women's match if you cancel DD's. 

26 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But my daughter comes too so the whole family are now mortally offended, DDs are being cancelled unless he's sacked. My BP is now through the roof and I'm so angry I could crush a grape...

Is that you Larry ?

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

?!  I don’t actually like the guy particularly, and never have.  I think my comments over the years will back that up.  But I’m all for fairness. The endless spinning and rehashing of the same interview and comments from different angles is not particularly useful.

No spinning. The words came out of his mouth. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

FWIW, he didn't say that 40-60s fans are all drunks, he just said that you wouldn't fill a stadium with drunk 40 - 60s, which is true.  It's just a slightly colourful way of putting things.

The way some people take offence at any little thing so easily these days is a sad reflection of where we are as a society at the moment. We're heading towards being a society that stifles out anyone who doesn't say exactly the right thing in exactly the right way. Its a precursor to becoming like societies where people can be locked up for saying something that doesn't fit with the party line.

First stage of extreme right or left societies - stop or shout down people saying stuff you don't like. Once that is ingrained, it's a slippery slope. 

Oh come on Lakey - he could have said something along the lines of the demographic that attends the men’s game in large part won’t attend women’s matches. The fact he felt the need to say 40-60yr old drunks is absolutely loaded regarding his thoughts on our fan base. Follows the divorcees in the snake pit stuff. 
I just find it sad that the owners are happy for him to verbally vent about the chips that are clearly on his shoulder. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WD40 said:

Just unhelpful phrasing (again) which could be ignored if he was any good at his job, but he’s failed (again), so just adds more fuel to fire.

Yes - the phrasing of a man with chips on his shoulder and who clearly knows there will be no come back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Oh! Just what the board needed, another thread about Webber! Hope this one is insightful!

The loaded quote is 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Not as sad as someone who is so painfully desperate to be offended by a big mean Sporting Director who said a few things you can't seem to handle without starting threads online crying about it. That's sad.

Says the guy who leaps to his defence voluntarily. Maybe you have a crush 

• Like 1

Just now, percy varco said:

He will love Leeds fans🤣🤣

This is just a taste for him 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Yes - the phrasing of a man with chips on his shoulder and who clearly knows there will be no come back

Why should there be any comeback ? He obviously doesn't like watching women play football. Does that mean he won't help support the team via club channels. I doubt it. Many men don't like watching womens football. The fella has made vocal an honest opinion but people jump on it. Too many in the Woke society now who if they look closely enough at themselves will also have opinions people don't agree with. Should everyone who has an opinion the wokes don't agree with be sacked ? Really !! If you are a true supporter then stop trying to rip the club apart

I do agree with Webber woman’s football is at best a minority sport and this should not distract from the allocation of time and resources to the main team 

if we do want to promote woman’s football the sports bra should be banned 

2 hours ago, canarycop said:

Why should there be any comeback ? He obviously doesn't like watching women play football. Does that mean he won't help support the team via club channels. I doubt it. Many men don't like watching womens football. The fella has made vocal an honest opinion but people jump on it. Too many in the Woke society now who if they look closely enough at themselves will also have opinions people don't agree with. Should everyone who has an opinion the wokes don't agree with be sacked ? Really !! If you are a true supporter then stop trying to rip the club apart

I don’t disagree with him - but I’m not the Sporting Director of a football club with a women’s football team. Voicing his views in this manner is frankly moronic in his position. But we are used to that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

Says the guy who leaps to his defence voluntarily. Maybe you have a crush 

He's not getting sacked for what he said. You can b*tch and whine and moan all you like on here, he's probably laughing at you.

Just now, hogesar said:

He's not getting sacked for what he said. You can b*tch and whine and moan all you like on here, he's probably laughing at you.

He’s laughing at you, and all like you who leap to his defence despite his obvious failings. Laughing all the way to the bank. 

Just now, S_81 said:

He’s laughing at you, and all like you who leap to his defence despite his obvious failings. Laughing all the way to the bank. 

Yeah, he makes good money, mostly because he's made the club good money. Another reason why he isn't sacked. Maybe you should have went to the pre Blackpool protest rather than crying on here. One might think you're only interested in keyboard-warrior anti-Webber posts..

15 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Everyone’s laughing at you my friend including Mikel Arteta’s Labrador…

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, he makes good money, mostly because he's made the club good money. Another reason why he isn't sacked. Maybe you should have went to the pre Blackpool protest rather than crying on here. One might think you're only interested in keyboard-warrior anti-Webber posts..

He’s not going to fu(k you, regardless of how much you hero worship him 

5 minutes ago, S_81 said:

can someone make a meme of this? 

10 minutes ago, S_81 said:

And you worry about the words coming out of his mouth...

• Like 1