Another thread derailed with absolute garbage because some posters cannot accept that people have a different opinion of the club to their own.

Its a football subject not about schooldays pre 1940 ffs

• Like 2

12 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

No. Geno Washington was the best at St Andrews. He spent enough time there.

You’re both wrong, nothing beats The Undertones at St Andrews

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

I wonder if any of you remember when we mocked the Ipswich fans for protesting… 

When was that ?  And let's face it, they've had plenty to protest about over the past 20 years.

6 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Another thread derailed with absolute garbage because some posters cannot accept that people have a different opinion of the club to their own.

In my first year at Eaton (C.N.S.) the NCFC manager was Ron Saunders the guy who first drove us to the Top Division. He later won the League Title at Villa with only 13 players. A guy that truly lives alongside the likes of Shankly and Cloughie. 

Move on halfway between then and now and we can site the guy Roux at Auxerre that Delia quite rightly admired because he drove a Club from a town of a similar size to Thetford to the French Top Division and stayed there until 2012. They are back there this season in a live relegation battle.

None of these guys would give any credence to the passive mistake culture that our Club is currently riddled with. Where has it all gone wrong Delia and how do we get it back?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But surely you know that anyone who isn't licking the boots of the people at the club are wallies and clearly have only been supporting the club when we're in the PL and getting promotions. 

Don't they know our rightful place is mid table championship and we should know better than to want the club to be doing better than the likes of Luton or Millwall - how dare we have any ambition... 

How dare we expect a club of professionals to do better with multi millions of sky money and get in at least a handful of players who up the quality of a squad, (fully aware no one has a 100% record on transfers but is 50% that much to ask) - how dare we question a regime that's squandered multiple chances to stay up in the PL and owners who have overseen many many attempts and failures apart from the 3 years under Lambert/hughton - while the premier league shouldn't be the be all and end all of football, it is, that's the way of things now, however sickening that is. Without it, with our model we'd be closer to bury than many would like to admit. 

Would I protest were I able to go at the minute? Absolutely! It's time for significant changes across the board - everything has a shelf life and our top brasses has come. The club is supposedly bigger than ANYONE that includes the Webber's, players, coaches, Delia (and Wynnie for nutty) it's time to let go, move on and try something NEW that can hopefully give this club that most of us on here love (most because there's surely more than a handful of binners that post regularly) the best chance to be one of the top 17 best clubs in the country for a prolonged period - which is what we should be aiming for every season!!  - but make no mistake we haven't aimed for that every season, '38 free hits' anyone? 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

But surely change is in the air, why don't we see what MA brings to the table. Hopefully things will gather apace as the season draws to it's depressing end.

To protest before you've even bothered to wait and see what the current actioning changes underway actually look like, shows a level of ignorance only the Facebook Group Mob would be capable of mustering together.

Of course, no-one has confirmed but I assume it originated from there?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

To protest before you've even bothered to wait and see what the current actioning changes underway actually look like, shows a level of ignorance only the Facebook Group Mob would be capable of mustering together.

Of course, no-one has confirmed but I assume it originated from there?

I'd agree if we actually had any idea what was happening.

We know there are shares to be bought, we know we've had new board members but it doesn't 100% follow that this means a takeover is happening. It may and I think if it had been confirmed that this is what was happening then there would be no protests.

10 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Totally fair and true. Thanks for that perspective.

Just to say, although I get to a few away games (I actually haven't seen a defeat in the flesh this season, am I alone?), I have been unable to get to the Carra' when I visit family. You won't be surprised from my perspective it is a similar view to CirclePoint's, we have wasted a golden opportunity, I put that down to a lack of governance in the Board room (you won't be surprised) and an over-reliance on a married couple who, I think are perfectly good enough to do their established roles, but not to be left running the whole shebang! Poor from the board, must try harder, but Attanasio will see to that, one way or another.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

When was that ?  And let's face it, they've had plenty to protest about over the past 20 years.

When they turned up at the training ground with blue flares and I don’t mean 1970s trousers. Lambert was in charge, fairly certain it was the tail end of the 18/19 season.

Im sad they’ve recovered themselves tbh. The bitter part of me wanted them down there for the foreseeable 

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

We know there are shares to be bought, we know we've had new board members but it doesn't 100% follow that this means a takeover is happening. It may and I think if it had been confirmed that this is what was happening then there would be no protests.

Why are the fans entitled to know about share issues and potential take overs?

NCFC is a Company and therefore follows Company procedure as it has too by law. Hence the short meeting about Share issue.

When did Tesco ever discuss any potential  take over with you because you are a Customer?

We are all Customers of NCFC Company and do not have to be informed of what is going on. 

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

NCFC is a Company and therefore follows Company procedure as it has too by law. Hence the short meeting about Share issue.

When did Tesco ever discuss any potential  take over with you because you are a Customer?

We are all Customers of NCFC Company and do not have to be informed of what is going on. 

You answered your own question there. A listed public company has to keep other shareholders regularly informed publicly about takeovers / share issues in progress. Tesco would have to release public statements (which would be available to customers if they were interested) on a regular basis (probably fortnightly if not weekly).

I accept NCFC is not registered, but it is an organisation that is in the public eye, typically such clubs are extremely transparent about such activity.

It's been nearly three months now and no white smoke. Investors, bankers and institutional advisers are getting restless. Then you add the debacle we've seen on the pitch in that period and "customers" (or should I say the community of supporters) have to ask - wassgornorn?

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

You answered your own question there. A listed public company has to keep other shareholders regularly informed publicly about takeovers / share issues in progress. Tesco would have to release public statements (which would be available to customers if they were interested) on a regular basis (probably fortnightly if not weekly).

I accept NCFC is not registered, but it is an organisation that is in the public eye, typically such clubs are extremely transparent about such activity.

It's been nearly three months now and no white smoke. Investors, bankers and institutional advisers are getting restless. Then you add the debacle we've seen on the pitch in that period and "customers" (or should I say the community of supporters) have to ask - wassgornorn?

Always fun how for some folks we're customers or supporters depending on which label better suits their argument.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Percy Fox?

He picked my mate up by his hair and dragged him outside shouting and blustering. He was still shouting "come outside boy" when they were halfway across the hockey pitch...

Fox was the Basil Fawlty of the CNS. Scatty Skeems and Maurice Doe were imagining they were Amadeus and had no concept that people, liked to listen to other forms of music. Neither of them liked my whistling.

I'll be heading down to the protest because I'm simply furious that Delia Smith isn't as rich as Saudi Arabia. I mean, how dare she treat us supporters like this?

16 minutes ago, percy varco said:

All very true, but the clue might be in the term "Community Club."

I don't think any of us expect to be in on the finer financial or contractual details, but we are being fed crumbs. This seems to be the reason for the disquiet.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Because Norwich City is a public limited company (PLC) it has to keep its shareholders informed of the crucial elements of any share issues or takeovers. Tesco is also a PLC (as well as being listed on a stock exchange, which NCFC is not) and also has to keep its shareholders informed. So NCFC fans who are shareholders or Tesco customers who are shareholders do get informed. Those who are not don't.

10 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You’re CNS alumni too, aren’t you, bloody hell, you lot will be organising a school reunion next…;-)

And asking Pete Cullum for a loan. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

And asking Pete Cullum for a loan. 

Wouldn't that be the other way round now?😍😜🤩 

50 minutes ago, king canary said:

One of the apparent organisers on Twitter said that the problem is we have never been able to get external investment of any kind. I pointed out Attanassio and the Turners and he was surprised.

I would suggest the organisers are doing so based on their own inability to read than anything else.

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Because Norwich City is a public limited company (PLC) it has to keep its shareholders informed of the crucial elements of any share issues or takeovers. Tesco is also a PLC (as well as being listed on a stock exchange, which NCFC is not) and also has to keep its shareholders informed. So NCFC fans who are shareholders or Tesco customers who are shareholders do get informed. Those who are not don't.

Indeed. There is a little practical difficulty here however. With 6,800 shareholders and the nature of the business, it is a bit of challenge to inform the shareholders and not the rest of the supporter base. Perhaps a little unfair too as many younger supporters haven't had a fair opportunity to be shareholders.  Better therefore to defer to the 'Community Club' logic and inform everyone.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Indeed. There is a little practical difficulty here however. With 6,800 shareholders and the nature of the business, it is a bit of challenge to inform the shareholders and not the rest of the supporter base. Perhaps a little unfair too as many younger supporters haven't had a fair opportunity to be shareholders.  Better therefore to defer to the 'Community Club' logic and inform everyone.

I don't see a problem.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

One of the apparent organisers on Twitter said that the problem is we have never been able to get external investment of any kind. I pointed out Attanassio and the Turners and he was surprised.

I would suggest the organisers are doing so based on their own inability to read than anything else.

I don't think the Turners is great example- a £2m loan we had to repay a few months later when they ****ed off nearly 20 years ago.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't see a problem.

I wonder if Tescos has message boards such as this where shareholders and non-shareholder customers engage in the way they do here?

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Has he gone bust? 

Towergate,, his insurance company, went belly up and he lost all his shares and control, and eventually left. But he moved on and is still in business elsewhere, so I doubt he is short of a few bob.

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't think the Turners is great example- a £2m loan we had to repay a few months later when they ****ed off nearly 20 years ago.

Still shareholders unless MA has hoovered them up recently.

45 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah, an example of how external investment doesn't always work contrary to the belief of the particular group I'm talking about - so for that reason they were a brilliant example.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Always fun how for some folks we're customers or supporters depending on which label better suits their argument.

We are supporters but customers to a company. 
not changing title for narative. 
agree with statements but there is no requirement to inform customers. shareholders yes, but my post was describing supporter’s entitlement to be kept informed. ( those who are not shareholders). 

note to self. Explain detail.