4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No idea where you live.

I went down to Margate with the family one half term. We took our buckets spades and cossies, we had jellied eels at the cockle stall, we went to the pier for a beer aside of the sea. You can stick your Costa Brava, I'm telling you mate, I'd rather have a day down Margate with all my family...

True story - got chatting to a bloke with a dog outside a gift shop. The dog had a headscarf and sunglasses, the guy told us the dog was a spy. Was that you Broady?

The clue is in the u/name.

Believe me you wouldn't want just Margate F.C. to follow, even though they have a celebrity artist who seen about the area sometimes. She even likes a tipple.

They do say that people from the big cities and further afield swarm to Margate on a Summer's day for sun, sand and cockles. I wouldn't be seen near the place though, not even for the rock and I don't have a dog.

Can I just ask why the same posters comment on those who aren't happy about the situation to do something about it instead of complaining on social media and when they do start to try and do something start to make a snarky comments about them?

I'm all for change and I don't have the passion for the club I once did so can't be bothered to with what the club's owners do, but if others are then good on them. I don't see why there has to be any animosity towards them just because they don't view things as others do!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

The clue is in the u/name.

Believe me you wouldn't want just Margate F.C. to follow, even though they have a celebrity artist who seen about the area sometimes. She even likes a tipple.

They do say that people from the big cities and further afield swarm to Margate on a Summer's day for sun, sand and cockles. I wouldn't be seen near the place though, not even for the rock and I don't have a dog.

But my name's not Nigel...

Anyway, I don't know where Broadstairs is. My education consisted of an after school club every day writing two pages of foolscap about the inside of a ping pong ball. It was great preparation for posting on here...

Edited by nutty nigel

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But my name's not Nigel...

Anyway, I don't know where Broadstairs is. My education consisted of an after school club every day writing two pages of foolscap about the inside of a ping pong ball. It was great preparation for posting on here...

Did you go to Paston too  then Nuttyo? 😂

I was given the ping pong ball Essay more than once. The teacher stopped giving it to me when i started one Essay with the opening line...'My First encounter with a Ping Pong Ball was on a holiday to Bangkok'....😉😊

The next Essay he gave me was entitled..' Existentialism, the quest for faith?'.... he got me there. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did you go to Paston too  then Nuttyo? 😂

I was given the ping pong ball Essay more than once. The teacher stopped giving it to me when i started one Essay with the opening line...'My First encounter with a Ping Pong Ball was on a holiday to Bangkok'....😉😊

The next Essay he gave me was entitled..' Existentialism, the quest for faith?'.... he got me there. 

They all thought that little caper was original. It's probably in the 'Weird Teacher Handbook' along with the woodwork teacher's guide for throwing chisels at pupils...

I went to CNS. Some days anyway...

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Can I just ask why the same posters comment on those who aren't happy about the situation to do something about it instead of complaining on social media and when they do start to try and do something start to make a snarky comments about them?

I'm all for change and I don't have the passion for the club I once did so can't be bothered to with what the club's owners do, but if others are then good on them. I don't see why there has to be any animosity towards them just because they don't view things as others do!

It might be that much of their blubbing is based on inaccuracies. Clubs fortunate ccome and go. There is not this supposed conspiracy by the owners and others to do the club down and so defraud some of the 'fans'.

City have had an extraordinary run of success over the past 14 years or so. Unfortunately, that success has sucked in any number of 'hangers on'.  Glory hunters who now cannot stomach what is the reality faced by around 80 plus clubs. And just because the majority are not daubing slogans on their mums bedsheets and wailing in the streets, like another North Korean leader has snuffed it does not mean we are not upset. But as a club we have been here before and will do so again, we take it philosophically

I think it was that well known maker of cakes who said "if you can meet success and failure and treat them as the imposters then you are a balanced man, my son". Maybe some of the blubbers are reacting like sullky teenagers as they move from being a fan to being a supporter. From immaturity to maturity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They all thought that little caper was original. It's probably in the 'Weird Teacher Handbook' along with the woodwork teacher's guide for throwing chisels at pupils...

CNS were always better at Footy than us....ran them close a couple of times.  Then again there was only around 300 kids in the entire school ...seemed like there were that  many in each year at CNS..... Plucky little Paston, or lacking the hambition? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Now he has come clean. A fellow Eaton boy after all.

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

CNS were always better at Footy than us....ran them close a couple of times.  Then again there was only around 300 kids in the entire school ...seemed like there were that  many in each year at CNS..... Plucky little Paston, or lacking the hambition? 

Can't remember how many but it was loads more than 300. 

There were 12 in my class in the last year. It didn't end with 12. A few got lost along the way...

Just now, essex canary said:

Now he has come clean. A fellow Eaton boy after all.

Eaton came later. After my time...

13 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

PARANOID on Steam

Not paranoid. Just think it's weird behaviour. But I guess whatever floats your boat. Or swan.

IMG_20230501_170748.thumb.jpg.86ffee19893f6f41a6c6cc6f9c4d1b6c.jpg

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Not paranoid. Just think it's weird behaviour. But I guess whatever floats your boat. Or swan.

IMG_20230501_170748.thumb.jpg.86ffee19893f6f41a6c6cc6f9c4d1b6c.jpg

PARANOID on Steam

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

PARANOID on Steam

We all laugh about it. If we see someone acting weird around Carrow Road it's "that's him, bless him" 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Eaton came later. After my time...

In CNS days it was a Grammar School so perhaps more educated than you are making out then?

We all laugh about it. If we see someone acting weird around Carrow Road it's "that's him, bless him" 

Whatever floats your scr0te

Edited by Mello Yello

Just now, essex canary said:

In CNS days it was a Grammar School so perhaps more educated than you are making out then?

Passed the 11+. 

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Whatever floats your ****....

It's funny though. Usually it's some one in a long mac looking well shifty...

It's funny though. Usually it's some one in a long mac looking well shifty...

Naw it's someone like this....image.jpeg.653087efa9e0ba8b5c5edeb985201fab.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Naw it's someone like this....image.jpeg.653087efa9e0ba8b5c5edeb985201fab.jpeg

It's a wonder you haven't been taking photos of us.

Maybe you have?

Well weird...

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It's a wonder you haven't been taking photos of us.

Maybe you have?

Well weird...

Playing the victim again....oh yeah....

I was in the year that started at the CNS grammar school in September '62. There were five streams each containing 30-35 boys.

If my memory serves me correctly I think we were unbeaten at footie as under 13s, 14s and 14s but came a cropper a few times as under 15s which in those days was the fifth form.

By coincidence I was at the CNS yesterday as my granddaughter's dancing school was using the sports hall to rehearse for a show at the Theatre Royal next Sunday. It's changed a bit!

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Passed the 11+. 

Aye , me too ...and Tillo, not exactly the future Doctors/ lawyers or rocket scientists   that they told us we'd be on our first day there. A Bobby , a Bog cleaning Bingo caller , and a Blarneymeister.( he thought it was an insult...i will get free pints on this at the local) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

I was in the year that started at the CNS grammar school in September '62. There were five streams each containing 30-35 boys.

If my memory serves me correctly I think we were unbeaten at footie as under 13s, 14s and 14s but came a cropper a few times as under 15s which in those days was the fifth form.

By coincidence I was at the CNS yesterday as my granddaughter's dancing school was using the sports hall to rehearse for a show at the Theatre Royal next Sunday. It's changed a bit!

There were up until the 5th form. It was there we were seperated into a class of 12.

I was in Chrome Barry. And it was Mr Bumphrey who threw the chisel. Bloke couldn't even say chisel properly...

Never been back.

I have friends at Still On The Ball who would probably have been in your year. They loved it. Me not so much...

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Aye , me too ...and Tillo, not exactly the future Doctors/ lawyers or rocket scientists   that they told us we'd be on our first day there. A Bobby , a Bog cleaning Bingo caller , and a Blarneymeister.( he thought it was an insult...i will get free pints on this at the local) 

My grandad used to say It's Not The Education, It's About Application! Clever people are stupid in life!

6 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Bet  that sports hall looks half the size it did when you were 12. I was 10 years later than you at Paston , so we never played against each other.  The roughest .matches for me though were v Stalham, my hometown, for some reason my weekend friends werent  that friendly for an hour or so. 😃

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Sad old boy....

Just highlighting weird behaviour. We do have a laugh though spotting which weirdo could be you...