26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Thanks for some clarity to your broadbrush initial statement but no figures for this current 2022/23 squad then ?

Probably because the accounts for 22/23have yet to be published. They are accounts, ie an account of transactions. Not prophecies, or educated guesses. In the same light you will have to wait until sometime this autumn to have t your usual moan about our clubs expenditure and income.

8 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Really good to hear this, not just becuase it's very amusing to read about the binners getting all het up over nothing and making themselves look very silly.  

But also because (a) it should be obvious to anyone, even them, that for Plymouth to be above them is a greater achievement especially given the much greater financial backing that the binners have had, and so Plymouth actually deserve it more, and (b) these awards are always a bit of a nonsense anyway.  If they had class and confidence in themselves, they'd say what actually matters is getting promoted and focus on that.

Also so amusing that Bali Mumba beat their player for best young player award.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Only that they've spent a further £6 million on players. We will see their wages as likely the highest in the division comfortably when released. 

Considerably higher than Sheffield Wednesday? If you say so. 

52 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

The words I used were - 'you may think'. Which suggests there is a possibility, not any stated claim. Do try to understand English. Similarly I did not use quotation marks (") for the word envied. So no quote.

'envied' ? .....What is that then and as for your ' Do try to understand English ' i think you should practise what you are attempting rather poorly if i may say to preach.

Who was the ' you may think City are entitled to a PL place ' aimed at if not me as it was in reply to a post of mine ? I repeat i never suggested any entitlement at all.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Thanks for some clarity to your broadbrush initial statement but no figures for this current 2022/23 squad then ?

Higher than the 2022 figures.

I'm not quite sure why a Norwich fan is trying so hard to argue Ipswich haven't bought promotion. They patently have.

We're big payers for the Championship which makes our failings pretty embarrassing, but actually given the fact that they've staffed way more cash than anyone, only Sheffield Weds come close, it would have been even more embarrassing for Ipswich to have failed yet again.

Apparently that's a comment that inspires some Norwich fans to rally to our neighbour's defence. Curious.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Only that they've spent a further £6 million on players. We will see their wages as likely the highest in the division comfortably when released. 

Where are they generating the money from in L1 then, Is it loans?

Binners net spend this season is virtually zero as they sold players to offset the spend and the players they let go , Chambers Skuse etc were highest paid players , nothing to see here .

Also left the awards the awards after their final club involvement, so to join up with the rest of the squad for their away trip to Barnsley ….. again nothing to see here !

3 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Binners net spend this season is virtually zero as they sold players to offset the spend and the players they let go , Chambers Skuse etc were highest paid players , nothing to see here .

Also left the awards the awards after their final club involvement, so to join up with the rest of the squad for their away trip to Barnsley ….. again nothing to see here !

You got rid of those players ages ago and your wage bill this season is going to be higher than your last championship one.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

'envied' ? .....What is that then and as for your ' Do try to understand English ' i think you should practise what you are attempting rather poorly if i may say to preach.

Who was the ' you may think City are entitled to a PL place ' aimed at if not me as it was in reply to a post of mine ? I repeat i never suggested any entitlement at all.

"i think you should practise what you are attempting rather poorly if i may say to preach." That is just a random jumble of words. And if you look up the meaning of the word 'may' you will find it refers to a possibility. Not a certainty, as you claim, ie it is possible that you think City........

You may stop arguing with everyone on here. You may stop posting in italic, as if that impresses others. The operative word being, may.

Always find it strange that when there are so many things that can be used, with validity, to bash the club that anyone would resort to bigging up the Binners. Like, where do you have to be in your life that you go digging up things to defend that Shiite?

Making out it’s a miracle ‘Crazy Gang’ FA Cup type story when it’s anything but. FFS, they haven’t even secured promotion yet. Such a bunch of cry-baby ****. No wonder we’re so fragile on the pitch if this is what we’ve got off it. One crud season after two championships and two (admittedly) disappointing top flight seasons and we’re all ‘fair play to the Binners on a great season, how much better off they are than us’? Seriously? 

Spineless. At least with Hanley/McLean missing the team have an excuse. 

• Like 2

Ipswich have done well and they will get their deserved promotion. However, at the moment their squad would barely win a game in the Championship and they will have to recruit very cleverly again to comfortably survive, as will whoever comes up with them. They are not Sunderland.

The best young player in their league this season will be playing for us for a start.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Ipswich have done well and they will get their deserved promotion. However, at the moment their squad would barely win a game in the Championship and they will have to recruit very cleverly again to comfortably survive, as will whoever comes up with them. They are not Sunderland.

The best young player in their league this season will be playing for us for a start.

Not to mention that their best young player already plays for us. 

• Thanks 1

A story in the *** written by Charlie Wyatt should not be taken as being 100% reliable, especially one where he's writing about the rival of team he claims to support.

47 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

A story in the *** written by Charlie Wyatt should not be taken as being 100% reliable, especially one where he's writing about the rival of team he claims to support.

Im not sure that much is 100% reliable...even new cars😏. But it is a very amusing take on what was probably  a nothing incident.  Long live the rivalry, man up you **** that are quaking  in your  boots..... hard times make strong  men...trouble is , so many expect  life  to go to their plan...have a decent job with a good pension and everything will be fine ....wrong!! Shoite happens . Times change, you may not even be ' someone ' anymore as the world changes around  you. If you haven't  figured that out then you're  in for a surprise....and maybe not a nice one. Adapt  and survive, not whine about how it isnt like it was..... because it never will be. 

The greatest vanity of man is to think they've done their bit. 

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I bumped into somebody in Halfords this morning who said that the Scum have bought their way into the Championship next season but then in next breath said he could only name a couple of players. Couldn't name any others which doesn't really stack up with the assertion that they spent so much money on assembling the squad.

Rather than the broadbrush approach hoggy you could point out where it is ' well documented ' ?

For the avoidance of doubt i absolutely hate The Scum but fair do's to them this season both on and off the field and they must be laughing their socks off at the ridiculous state we are in currently.

Even our current 'ridiculous state' is still a level of success they haven't seen in some time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Higher than the 2022 figures.

I'm not quite sure why a Norwich fan is trying so hard to argue Ipswich haven't bought promotion. They patently have.

We're big payers for the Championship which makes our failings pretty embarrassing, but actually given the fact that they've staffed way more cash than anyone, only Sheffield Weds come close, it would have been even more embarrassing for Ipswich to have failed yet again.

Apparently that's a comment that inspires some Norwich fans to rally to our neighbour's defence. Curious.

You would expect ITFC to spend more than nearly every other club in League One as they will have the largest revenue other than Derby. I expect that they will have made significant losses but equally that there level of debt will be easily sustainable. US owners tend to be pretty disciplined about these things, with an eye on selling at a profit. Very few teams "buy success" in the EFL but it is reasonable to assume that clubs that average 25,000+ are likely to reach the Premier League at some stage as long as they don't get themselves into a financial mess.

Whilst I would have preferred their humiliation to continue, it is only reasonable to expect that they would return sooner rather than later - they only entered into their decline because they lost all financial discipline about 15 years ago. I hate to break the bad news but they will have one of the larger budgets next year as well and should be candidates for promotion over the next few seasons.

In the long term, most clubs operate around their mean position with a degree of deviation. Extreme deviations are most likely a result of financial indiscipline, which occasionally work but more often have damaging long term consequences.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

You would expect ITFC to spend more than nearly every other club in League One as they will have the largest revenue other than Derby. I expect that they will have made significant losses but equally that there level of debt will be easily sustainable. US owners tend to be pretty disciplined about these things, with an eye on selling at a profit. Very few teams "buy success" in the EFL but it is reasonable to assume that clubs that average 25,000+ are likely to reach the Premier League at some stage as long as they don't get themselves into a financial mess.

Probably why they've been so **** then, considering this is the first year since 2005 that they have averaged 25,000+ and between 2011 and 2021 they failed to even get over 20,000.

• Haha 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Probably why they've been so **** then, considering this is the first year since 2005 that they have averaged 25,000+ and between 2011 and 2021 they failed to even get over 20,000.

They went for it, racked up debts and the owner made it clear he wasn't prepared to put anymore in as he was busy enough managing the debt he had racked up. He wanted to get his money back though so wouldn't sell and just hoped that someone would manage to get him out of his self-created hole by getting promotion - McCarthy wasn't that far off. 

It's one of the reasons why some of us are so opposed to City racking up debt (as they may have done - depends on how liquid our assets are) - if the gamble fails, you pay in the years that follow. Unless you have a bottomless pit, financial sustainability is the only sensible policy.

17 hours ago, sgncfc said:

To quote the Championship manager of the year Vincent Kompany , Ipswich have played better football than many championships side have this season , and Binners were not a full strength, nor were Burnley either, they also had not got into their stride when cup game was played ! More than hold their own in my opinion…… time will tell I suppose OTBC

"McCarthy wasn't that far off. " The two semi final matches showed they were way off. They scrapped into 6th place, way behind City. It is not about the binners 'holding their own* either. They have been given money in the basis of it being returned with interest. Player trading might be one way. But the take from their owners is of PL riches. Where somehow they will defy the odds and use that money to repay the money . So rather than spending it all and more, the binners are intending to spend less. To stay in the Championship you only need to be better than three teams. To get promoted you need to be better than 21. And with size of the clubs likely to come down from the PL, the binners delusions of PL riches may well be extremely optimistic, to say the least.

* an act regularly engaged in by many of their fans