Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

14 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The don't "think", that is the problem. They just have a desire to drive him out of the club. If a new signing scored twice and got an assist largely off the bench they would be raving.

to be fair IF  we sign Cannon and Ogwuru , Idah's game time will be cut badly ,

when sarge comes back then Cannon and Sarge will fight for that position maybe those two will play together ? 

that leaves Barnes on bench ,

Ogwuru wants a taste of first team football that's why he wants to leave Man c i doubt he would move here for the same ,

i like Idah and think he has done well the start of the season, 

would i trust him to lead the line until sarge is fit ? no sorry i wouldn't ,

Do i think he needs game time ? yes i do a good season full at a lower league club he needs games and goals ,

10 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

when sarge comes back then Cannon and Sarge will fight for that position maybe those two will play together ? 

Ogwuru wants a taste of first team football that's why he wants to leave Man c i doubt he would move here for the same ,

Do i think he needs game time ? yes i do a good season full at a lower league club he needs games and goals ,

Long season with longer games and more subs.  

There'll be plenty of chances for everyone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haus said:

Long season with longer games and more subs.  

There'll be plenty of chances for everyone

Very true 

12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

No you're wrong. Ogwuru is for under 21s and will be behind Idah. Ogwuru will just see it's an easier route into the first team with Norwich than Man City

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sounds like Leeds are signing Glenn Kamara. Surely that ends their interest in McLean? 

I think we've said we're not selling Kenny anyways. They've been interested in Kamara for a while plus they're buying a Bulgarian defensive midfielder as well

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

No you're wrong. Ogwuru is for under 21s and will be behind Idah. Ogwuru will just see it's an easier route into the first team with Norwich than Man City

You might be wrong also he wants first team football ,

he might want to join a lesser club to get straight into first team which i am sure he could at some clubs 

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

he might want to join a lesser club to get straight into first team which i am sure he could at some clubs 

He's not going to waltz into any championship team with his current CV, despite being a Man City youth player. He has only played under 18 / 21 football. Thinking he is ready for first team is most likely way off. What player doesnt want first team football? Its whether the player is ready or not, but I suspect hes not being purchased for a first team option immediately unlike Cannon who is proven at this level.

Edited by jaberry2

Just now, jaberry2 said:

He's not going to waltz into any championship team with his current CV, despite being a Man City youth player. He has only played under 18 / 21 football. Thinking he is ready for first team is most likely way off.

I Think he could make the bench with plenty ( as in around 1st team ) including here 

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I reckon he will be in the youth team until January and the club will look for a league one/two loan 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

I reckon he will be in the youth team until January and the club will look for a league one/two loan 

yes could happen i think he will want to be playing somewhere if we can sign him and do that would be great 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

I think thats more realistic. I think people think this chaps gonna blow Idah out the water and he wont be an option anymore. I would see Idahs competition for Canon now with the man city signing being one for the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

I think thats more realistic. I think people think this chaps gonna blow Idah out the water and he wont be an option anymore. I would see Idahs competition for Canon now with the man city signing being one for the future.

I Think you are right more likely but Idah has to continue in the same vein of form ,

Idah is doing well no question but he has to continue unless it might be the other way round ,

Against BR Idah was unlucky not to score when he met that PP cross could of went in easily 

the other chance where he headed it down should have scored really anywhere else than where he put it the keeper would not have been able to get it ,good save though ,

like i said i like Idah but i feel he started as No3 striker this season 

could be No4 striker by end of window behind Cannon and Sarge ( when fit ) Barnes 

with a hot shot under 23 maybe as well 

28 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sounds like Leeds are signing Glenn Kamara. Surely that ends their interest in McLean? 

Kenny leaving always seemed unlikely to me - he's just too important to us.

Thoughts and prayers, though, with @GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary and @Worthy Nigelton who had presumably filled up their petrol tanks, checked their oil and screenwash and were just heading down to Colney to "drive him to Leeds myself".

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Thoughts and prayers, though, with @GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary and @Worthy Nigelton who had presumably filled up their petrol tanks, checked their oil and screenwash and were just heading down to Colney to "drive him to Leeds myself".

i think he is to important as well but everyone has a price i think if leeds really wanted him and maybe 8 million the club may think about it ? 

i do not think the club want to sell him but i do wonder what would tempt them ?

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Read Wagner comments as to why we've signed Forshaw, to see his concerns in that area of the pitch...

20 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Idah isn’t as bad as people make out, he’s just this seasons scapegoat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Read Wagner comments as to why we've signed Forshaw, to see his concerns in that area of the pitch...

Have you read his comments since he's been at the club about Mclean? Even in the past week or so?

Or do you ignore all those because that doesn't suit your argument? Plus, I thought you knew better than Wagner anyway?

Also, Wagner has said the club will 100% not let Kenny leave, he's too important to us:

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Idah isn’t as bad as people make out, he’s just this seasons scapegoat

I personally dont rate him, but he is capable from time to time. Each to their own in terms of opinions on him. But you're right, look at how Kenny wasnt rated by half of this forum a couple of months ago and then lots were pantwetting that he was leaving to Leeds. Sums up some people...

Edited by jaberry2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Have you read his comments since he's been at the club about Mclean? Even in the past week or so?

Or do you ignore all those because that doesn't suit your argument? Plus, I thought you knew better than Wagner anyway?

Also, Wagner has said the club will 100% not let Kenny leave, he's too important to us:

Havent you read Wagners comments about Forshaw and his obvious concerns from a defensive midfield point....or have you ignored them?

From sky sports just now:

"Norwich front-runners to sign Lowe from Bournemouth

Norwich City are the front-runners to sign Jamal Lowe from Bournemouth.

A loan move is being discussed but the Cherries would prefer a permanent sale.

West Brom are amongst a group of Championship clubs also monitoring the situation.

The forward was signed by Bournemouth deadline day in September 2021. 

The former Swansea player only featured twice in the Premier League for the club last season before moving to QPR on-loan in January. 

Lowe has not been training with the first-team and is not part of Andoni Iraola's plans." 

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

From sky sports just now:

"Norwich front-runners to sign Lowe from Bournemouth

Norwich City are the front-runners to sign Jamal Lowe from Bournemouth.

A loan move is being discussed but the Cherries would prefer a permanent sale.

West Brom are amongst a group of Championship clubs also monitoring the situation.

The forward was signed by Bournemouth deadline day in September 2021. 

The former Swansea player only featured twice in the Premier League for the club last season before moving to QPR on-loan in January. 

Lowe has not been training with the first-team and is not part of Andoni Iraola's plans." 

I swear his agent has used our name to get his client a new gig every window for the last two or three years. We don’t need a wide forward; going out on a limb and saying it will not happen.
#nocircus.

• Like 2

Just now, Captain Holt said:

I swear his agent has used our name to get his client a new gig every window for the last two or three years. We don’t need a wide forward; going out on a limb and saying it will not happen.
#nocircus.

Doesn't sound anywhere near match fit and hasn't even been training with their first team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

I can't believe this one's true either, but a loan... It's possible if he's cheap I guess, but we've already got plenty in those areas.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Doesn't sound anywhere near match fit and hasn't even been training with their first team.

Cannon is ticking more boxes than Lowe 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It was just a joke.

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I can't believe this one's true either, but a loan... It's possible if he's cheap I guess, but we've already got plenty in those areas.

If true Lowe would be a better option on the wing than most of the other options we have. He's a better player than PP / Onel etc and can play across the forward line. I wouldnt be against a loan for him. Seems out of the first team picture at Bournemouth.

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Is this a 'I ain't got nothing' (Therefore I must have something) grammatical situation and Kenny IS going to Leeds?  😉