Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

52 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

They've signed a new keeper from Wolves - and oddly Long is reported from various sources as wanting a move in search of first team football. Which either suggests he is labouring under a significant misapprehension as to his prospective role here or suggests he fancies himself better than Angus.  Or something else ...

If he proves himself better than Angus then it is a 'win win' for us. If he is good enough to challenge for a first team place then, at the very least, it will keep Angus on his toes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The much lauded, by some on these boards Scott Twine has just joined Hull on loan from Burnley.

Could he have gone to a better club than that?

Either Hull have landed themselves a hell of a deal....ir he isnt quite as good as some thought?

The latter 

2 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

They've signed a new keeper from Wolves - and oddly Long is reported from various sources as wanting a move in search of first team football. Which either suggests he is labouring under a significant misapprehension as to his prospective role here or suggests he fancies himself better than Angus.  Or something else ...

It's likely he's been offered what Krul was likely promised - fair competition to be number 1, cup games and an increase on his wages.

If you're told you aren't going to be considered ahead of another, then a move which promises you'll be considered, at least some starts and a greater wage seems a decent move in comparison to staying where you are which is totally out of favour. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's likely he's been offered what Krul was likely promised - fair competition to be number 1, cup games and an increase on his wages.

If you're told you aren't going to be considered ahead of another, then a move which promises you'll be considered, at least some starts and a greater wage seems a decent move in comparison to staying where you are which is totally out of favour. 

Fair enough.  So option #2 out of the 3 suggested then !

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

Remember the howls of anguish about krul after those first few games.

i also remember the Howls with Michael Theoklitos 

And according to TEAMtalk Leeds are plotting a swoop for Kenny McLean as a replacement for Tyler Adams..well why does'nt Daniel just bid for our entire squad in one go?..would make things  much easier.

Would actually be gutted if we let Sargent go, think he can get 20 in this team this year.

Surely any bids would have to start at £15m at the very least

2 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Would actually be gutted if we let Sargent go, think he can get 20 in this team this year.

Surely any bids would have to start at £15m at the very least

Minimum for Sarge should be the cost of a replacement City Stand. £50m plus ... 🙂 

• Like 2

Late in the window I doubt we will let Sargeant go especially not for those figures. Would need to be £20m plus. Kenny, I would of thought as he is in his latter years we must of looked at a replacement for him and if the numbers worked and we have an experienced upgrade for him we might consider.

With time limited now (two weeks) we will struggle to replace either before the window closes.

Sargent mostly I should think as he seems lined up for a prolific season.

Kenny is no longer a prospect, and I was actually expecting him to leave for Scotland this Summer, but a versatile character like him on and off the pitch will also take some replacing in so short a time ...unless of course there is a ready-made wish list of possibles, and we can screw them for an unrealistic £5m.

Football insider is just one the more speculative website to generate interest. Genuine articles rarely originate from there. Theres always twists and turns late in the window but I just say screw Leeds. They appear to be in a bit of a pickle currently with players leaving. Southampton and Leicester look much stronger than them based on the 3 teams which came down. Dirty Leeds.

26 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

And according to TEAMtalk Leeds are plotting a swoop for Kenny McLean as a replacement for Tyler Adams..well why does'nt Daniel just bid for our entire squad in one go?..would make things  much easier.

All that claimed anger, discomft and chaos in the Leeds dressing room sure will be helped by Farke creating cliqes of former Norwich players..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

We all love our Josh, he is the one enduring  guy who has made it thru these  tough couple years when other ones like Rash and Tzolis just didnt  cut it...even when he was pushed on  to the wings  and on occasion looked like a turkey about to trip on his own feet..he has never given less than 100% in any game .

Had to wait for Teemu to depart to finally  claim the centre forward spot, he is the kind thats the charisma and adoration to become a Canary legend. Its not just about the goals and boy i do hope he  gets his share of those this season..its his whole persona, the way he never gives  up..for me he is a striker and should carry the highest  value price  in our squad, arguably Sara aside.

3 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

We all love our Josh, he is the one enduring  guy who has made it thru these  tough couple years when other ones like Rash and Tzolis just didnt  cut it...even when he was pushed on  to the wings  and on occasion looked like a turkey about to trip on his own feet..he has never given less than 100% in any game .

Had to wait for Teemu to depart to finally  claim the centre forward spot, he is the kind thats the charisma and adoration to become a Canary legend. Its not just about the goals and boy i do hope he  gets his share of those this season..its his whole persona, the way he never gives  up..for me he is a striker and should carry the highest  value price  in our squad, arguably Sara aside.

The fact that he also looks like Rod Flanders also helps 

image.gif.52a846a1f48a06a568122999da9d0fc2.gif

• Haha 2

Regardless of my view on both of these players historically it would not be acceptable for us to sell either of them now, especially to a divisional rival. They are important cogs in our new team and losing them would be highly disruptive. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Regardless of my view on both of these players historically it would not be acceptable for us to sell either of them now, especially to a divisional rival. They are important cogs in our new team and losing them would be highly disruptive. 

I agree, albeit Kenny we could replace with someone better. If they have someone in mind.

52 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd hope any approach from Leeds would be met with a swift '**** off.'

Stuart Webber NCFC DoF: 'F*ck off - we aren't selling two of our starting lineup to a direct rival a couple of weeks before the transfer window closes.'

Stuart Webber Future LUFC DoF: 'Not even if I ask you really nicely ?  You'll thank yourself for this later I promise....'

Stuart Webber NCFC DoF: 'Oh go on then.  Who could resist that boyish charm of yours ...'

So quick board survey - let's say Leeds come up with £20mil for both Kenny and Josh (£5m for Kenny, £15m for Josh).

Would you take it? I have to say - I'd be tempted.

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So quick board survey - let's say Leeds come up with £20mil for both Kenny and Josh (£5m for Kenny, £15m for Josh).

Would you take it? I have to say - I'd be tempted.

No, it would put us back too far for the upcoming season. 

• Like 1