Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

5 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Of course. They know full well we don’t want him and he doesn’t want to be here. They are therefore offering a low amount and know that as the clock ticks we will eventually grudgingly accept it. Expect “an undisclosed fee” 

That's my thoughts 

Hard for us to really win with this one ,

Gala know Rashica bags are already packed ready to move ,

he knows their system so no real need for a pre season with them as long as he is fit he will slot in again ,

3 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

He's our player, we don't allegedly have to sell, and Gala are offering peanuts compared to his value.

That said, he hasn't played for us in over a season, and any sensible money in the kitty helps now, rather than later, especially when you think how small the fee for Mumba is in current market values?  

Strange one that Aarons and Andy O were sort of put up for sale pretty early on ,

i think Rashica has to leave this summer , i do not know this but i think he will refuse to play in champs ,

i might be wrong but i just can not see him saying ok i will stay and play until value is met ,

a unhappy player like that if the case is not worth it to a club our size .. ( if that is the case of course )

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Strange one that Aarons and Andy O were sort of put up for sale pretty early on ,

i think Rashica has to leave this summer , i do not know this but i think he will refuse to play in champs ,

i might be wrong but i just can not see him saying ok i will stay and play until value is met ,

a unhappy player like that if the case is not worth it to a club our size .. ( if that is the case of course )

Did we set the precedent for that with Buendia and others though?     Something to the effect of ‘when they outgrow us, they can move on’!  

As bad a strategy and message as Daniel’s ‘we expect to be 20th’ silliness.

48 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Arrons on his way? 

he wants to leave so chances are yes

but where and how much who knows

5 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Every player is up for sale - always. If Omo did not move in January that was because the price was not right. Others eave because they want to -. Cantwell, Rashida. Pukki etc. Others because we will lose any fee if they don't - Aarons.

I've yet to read of a pro club that does not sell players. Some earn more money so are able to resist most offers, that is all there is to it.

I still think next week Rashica and Max will be off. I wouldn't be surprised if Cristos is off too, given Wagners last comment on him waiting till the end of the window. Sounds ominous.

10 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I still think next week Rashica and Max will be off. I wouldn't be surprised if Cristos is off too, given Wagners last comment on him waiting till the end of the window. Sounds ominous.

If this is the case, who do you think will replace them if at all?? 

8 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

If this is the case, who do you think will replace them if at all?? 

There should be a sizeable chunk of cash generated if Rashica and Max are sold. I'm sure they've known for a long time both are off, so you'd imagine they have targets. Who these players are, are anyone's guess.

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

Every player is up for sale - always. If Omo did not move in January that was because the price was not right. Others eave because they want to -. Cantwell, Rashida. Pukki etc. Others because we will lose any fee if they don't - Aarons.

I've yet to read of a pro club that does not sell players. Some earn more money so are able to resist most offers, that is all there is to it.

Yes ever player is for sale i understand but not many clubs say that , unless they want that to happen  of course ,

imagine if Webber had said that about  Pukki , i expect  leave if a offer comes in when he was playing well ,

Clubs only talk about players leaving when they want them to or a player wants to leave ,

Not when you are trying to get the best price for them 

Edited by norfolkngood

Two rumours floating around the internet this morning.

Rumour #1;

An impressive 19 goals and 7 assists for Seria B Venezia. 

And, from Alan Nixon, The Suns football correspondent 

Would be sad to see Tim leave but if the chance is there for him to go make himself a no 1 elsewhere I can see the logic in letting him go.

Feels a bit awkward waited for these offers for Andy O, Max and Rashica to come in. The hasty sale of Mumba and now trying to move on Tim and Tzolis makes you wonder what the extent of the cash flow issues are .

57 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Feels a bit awkward waited for these offers for Andy O, Max and Rashica to come in. The hasty sale of Mumba and now trying to move on Tim and Tzolis makes you wonder what the extent of the cash flow issues are .

I still can not believe Aarons and Rahica are here ,

Andy O  you would of thought someone who was willing to put in a big bid for him would not have come back in for him ?

all seems very strange not to have seen one go already ,

From the outside seems very quiet on all fronts but of course could be close to being sorted behind close doors .

30 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Andy O  you would of thought someone who was willing to put in a big bid for him would not have come back in for him ?

From the outside seems very quiet on all fronts but of course could be close to being sorted behind close doors .

Still quite a few weeks until the close of the transfer window, of course. Does anyone know the official reason why it only happens about a month after the season starts? It seems less than ideal for clubs and players.

27 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Thing about Omo is that we seem to think that he’s going to get us £15m or whatever, but he’s not in our first choice cb pairing.  I do wonder if we’ve put a bit of a damper on him leaving until January, what with both Hanley and Tomkinson out.

DW’s comments post-match about Tzolis were interesting, seemed to be suggesting that he might be off. 

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Still quite a few weeks until the close of the transfer window, of course. Does anyone know the official reason why it only happens about a month after the season starts? It seems less than ideal for clubs and players.

yes sometimes it is clubs driving a hard deal ,

but you would like to hope plenty of interest behind the scenes !

i am surprised one club does not want at least one of them in early ...

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Thing about Omo is that we seem to think that he’s going to get us £15m or whatever, but he’s not in our first choice cb pairing.  I do wonder if we’ve put a bit of a damper on him leaving until January, what with both Hanley and Tomkinson out.

DW’s comments post-match about Tzolis were interesting, seemed to be suggesting that he might be off. 

For the player's sake I hope he is. We've not handled him well and being loaned out to a L2 club in a grim town where he knows no one will do him no good at all. I hope he goes back to Greece, starts all over again, and realises his potential at whatever level that potential might be.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If Krul is going wonder if he will stay in England or prehaps a move back to the Netherlands is on the cards? Been a long time.. Hell, he still has a mild Gerodie accent!

He might end up down the A140 as their first choice keeper, he would not be the first GK to make that swap............

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

For the player's sake I hope he is. We've not handled him well and being loaned out to a L2 club in a grim town where he knows no one will do him no good at all. I hope he goes back to Greece, starts all over again, and realises his potential at whatever level that potential might be.

We might not have handled him well, but nor is he anywhere near as good as we’d hoped; it’s difficult to know quite what it is, but 3 sets of coaches haven’t managed, perhaps it is just that English conditions don’t suit him.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

We might not have handled him well, but nor is he anywhere near as good as we’d hoped; it’s difficult to know quite what it is, but 3 sets of coaches haven’t managed, perhaps it is just that English conditions don’t suit him.

yes very strange i did not see him play before here so hard to say what has happened ,

English game does not suit some players but i still would have thought you would have seen more if he was that good ,

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Rumour #1;

Would be sad to see Tim leave but if the chance is there for him to go make himself a no 1 elsewhere I can see the logic in letting him go.

Makes sense with Krul's wages. Also tells me that Reyes looks a player...

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Makes sense with Krul's wages. Also tells me that Reyes looks a player...

Pink Un reporting we'd look for an experienced no 2 to replace if he goes.

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Pink Un reporting we'd look for an experienced no 2 to replace if he goes.

Not illogical either. Shouldn't be too hard to get an experienced number 2 on the cheap with far lower wages to basically be a bit of a McGovern upgrade.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not illogical either. Shouldn't be too hard to get an experienced number 2 on the cheap with far lower wages to basically be a bit of a McGovern upgrade.

We’re going to have to presumably replace him at the end of the season, so I suppose bringing that forward isn’t too big a deal. 

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Rumour #1;

Doesn't look as if Wagner agrees, but I have not much faith in Sargent (even at this level) and less in Idah.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Doesn't look as if Wagner agrees, but I have not much faith in Sargent (even at this level) and less in Idah.

Sargent scored 13 last season with most of that being while he was played out of position. How exactly do you have no faith?

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sargent scored 13 last season with most of that being while he was played out of position. How exactly do you have no faith?

I exactly said "not much faith". He is hard-working so bound to score a few goals but he doesn't strike me as a natural footballer. Certainly not someone who scares the opposition. And the same applies even more so to Idah. I would be OK with Sargent as the second choice but he isn't that. He is the first choice.