Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Marquinhos

Shame we haven't got anyone else who we actually own in the squad who could play instead who has scored a belter recently and actually started to show occasional glimpses of promise.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Shame we haven't got anyone else who we actually own in the squad who could play instead who has scored a belter recently and actually started to show occasional glimpses of promise.

I wonder if he'll get the opportunity. He actually seemed to vaguely remember to track back with his opposition player during his sub appearance.

Previously he's been so poor it's like having one less player, Marquinhos for all his faults has the same amount of goals and one more assist whilst actually being able to defend.

Not that I rate him. Because I don't. But I rate him above Tzolis.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I wonder if he'll get the opportunity. He actually seemed to vaguely remember to track back with his opposition player during his sub appearance.

Previously he's been so poor it's like having one less player, Marquinhos for all his faults has the same amount of goals and one more assist whilst actually being able to defend.

But that's an incredibly 'low bar'!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Pretty much my thoughts. Marquinhos is pretty average but he's better than Tzolis. We have limited options in those positions nowadays - Dowell getting injured was unfortunate as his form under Wagner was very good.

9 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Pretty much my thoughts. Marquinhos is pretty average but he's better than Tzolis. We have limited options in those positions nowadays - Dowell getting injured was unfortunate as his form under Wagner was very good.

If fit enough I wouldn't mind seeing Rowe being given a start but not sure how plausible that is..

• Like 1

Marquinhos may one day be a very good player, but for us he has been totally nondescript. And, unlike other players who get ten minutes at the end of games, he has had plenty of opportunity to play himself into form. Like many other people on here, I can only assume that Webber has lumbered us with another loanee who costs a lot more if we don't play him enough.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Marquinhos for all his faults has the same amount of goals and one more assist whilst actually being able to defend.

Shame he didn't get closer to Chair on Wednesday and prevent him from picking out Dykes. But yeah, generally better than Tzolis, but potentially only because the latter needs to have a run of games and his confidence boosting.

• Like 1

Same number of goals and one more assist from a hell of a lot more playing time. And if you think Marquinhos can defend, take a look at the QPR goal on Wednesday night.

• Like 1

Is it just me but at the start of the season we seemed to have far too options in attacking midfield and out wide but now it seems we have very few.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Same number of goals and one more assist from a hell of a lot more playing time. And if you think Marquinhos can defend, take a look at the QPR goal on Wednesday night.

Defend in comparison to Tzolis. Which any clip of watching him play for us even in short spells will quite clearly demonstrate.

If fit enough I wouldn't mind seeing Rowe being given a start but not sure how plausible that is..

I'm not convinced by him so far in all truth but if the club like him then at some point you have roll the dice and give him a run. Now is as good a time as any... he has something for sure, whether it's enough for the level we aspire to, we won't know until he's given a proper go and not just sub appearances here and there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think it's ridiculous starting a loanee ahead of our own but there you go.

Absolutely. Especially where there’s virtually nothing between them. 

I'm baffled that Arsenal signed him. Did they see something I don't? He's not a Premier League player let alone a top 6 Premier League player. I'm not convinced he's even a top 6 Championship player. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm baffled that Arsenal signed him. Did they see something I don't? He's not a Premier League player let alone a top 6 Premier League player. I'm not convinced he's even a top 6 Championship player. 

Premier League sides regularly farm talents to earn money loaning and selling players on to lower leagues. He may never have been signed with first team in mind

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

How many starts has Tzolis actually had ? Just asking.

This same thing used to be said about Ramsey. I'm not convinced we were obligated to start either. 

Tzolis doesn't look like a wide player to me. More central. Probably would have been more suited to a Farke set up. Rather than the wingers Wagner plays.

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He's shown next to nothing so far that would make me believe he is the class Arsenal would require. Only young yet but you would think we ought to have seen something to make us sit up after this number of games.

I think he's to Arsenal as Danel Sinani was to us. A cheap punt signed with potential profit in mind more than a first team player.