Sign in to follow this  
S_81

Webber out

Sherpa for Webber. 

Forget Everest - he’s left us with a mountain to climb to be competitive again any time soon. Along with a mountain of non-refundable receipts from his abysmal ventures into the transfer market. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heard that he's off in the summer. Handing over to Adams, with an assistant joining. All part of the American takeover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Heard that he's off in the summer. Handing over to Adams, with an assistant joining. All part of the American takeover.

Let’s hope so as he’s hopeless in the transfer market. His role should have at the bare minimum been split to leave someone else in charge of recruitment whilst he did the rest of that role 

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

He’ll have Hoggy hanging on to his waist as he leaves Carrow Road for the last time crying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’ll have Hoggy hanging on to his waist as he leaves Carrow Road for the last time crying. 

Only because Adams got his job and not him.

Edited by TIL 1010

13 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Let’s hope so as he’s hopeless in the transfer market. His role should have at the bare minimum been split to leave someone else in charge of recruitment whilst he did the rest of that role 

He’s good with little pressure and that’s well proved. Put him in the big pool and Mr Ego bottles it every time. 

6 minutes ago, mastoola said:

he has built the infrastructure of the club without any direction given to him from above

He should never have been left in charge of recruitment for so long. Whatever benefits he’s brought to other parts of his role - he’s clearly not capable of spending a budget wisely. Despite the limitations of the budget. 

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I really wouldn't bet on Webber leaving anytime soon.

Nor would I. More chance of him relegating us next season than him leaving this summer 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

He should never have been left in charge of recruitment for so long. Whatever benefits he’s brought to other parts of his role - he’s clearly not capable of spending a budget wisely. Despite the limitations of the budget. 

EXACTLY   Who is at fault for that?

Just now, mastoola said:

EXACTLY   Who is at fault for that?

The owners. Without doubt. And Webber - for being arrogant enough to plough on and continue making awful signings. 

32 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That's not fair. Hoggy's MO is to deify anyone at the club until such point the club decides they are no longer needed.

Then all of a sudden it's the replacement who is deified and 100% the right person for the job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

The owners. Without doubt. And Webber - for being arrogant enough to plough on and continue making awful signings. 

Or was he just left to deal with it all and its not his talent?   I own a business and everything that goes on is my responsibility 

He needs to go. And they need to speed up the succession plan. 

16 minutes ago, mastoola said:

he has built the infrastructure of the club without any direction given to him from above

New training grounds is all fine if his job title was operations / site manager or suchlike...but when its Sporting director which encompasses recruitment, then he must be judged on that too

He's failed badly over a long period of time and must forefeit that aspect of his job

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

New training grounds is all fine if his job title was operations / site manager or suchlike...but when its Sporting director which encompasses recruitment, then he must be judged on that too

He's failed badly over a long period of time and must forefeit that aspect of his job

agreed   but who is the person who will tell him and create a new

structure 

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Yup heard that a couple of times.
Might just be wishful thinking. 

Although, it makes sense, finish the season then make big changes, fresh slate.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Given the scale of the task ahead, giving it to Adams would be a disaster. I'd rather the new owners bring in a new person and commit fully to starting over there and then. We're far past the point of continuity being required.

10 hours ago, mastoola said:

So your summary of his role would be?… left us no better than he found us on the pitch but at least we have a swimming pool now? 

10 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

That's not fair. Hoggy's MO is to deify anyone at the club until such point the club decides they are no longer needed.

Then all of a sudden it's the replacement who is deified and 100% the right person for the job.

I mean, not true - we just disagree on Webber. I don't think Wagner has performed brilliantly. 

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean, not true - we just disagree on Webber. I don't think Wagner has performed brilliantly. 

I don't think either have to be honest......but last night convinced me that the squad has some serious shortfalls and those out injured are as culpable. Which ever player or system we use doesn't suit this lot and no matter the manager they look disinterested in playing football. Maybe as a group they've had the stuffing knocked out of them and we really need a massive overhaul, Hayden needs to go back along with Marquinos they're not needed now and the last three games should be used to fully evaluate our squad for next season.

Massive summer coming up with so many challenges and so many issues from boardroom to the tea lady. Trouble is if Webber goes, does that mean Wagner goes too? If we don't go up we have limited funds for the overhaul and whatever the hold up at boardroom regarding new ownership or changes there it all trickles down to the terraces. Strange but I think we're in a bigger mess now than when Webber had his five minutes of criticising his predecessor.

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

So your summary of his role would be?… left us no better than he found us on the pitch but at least we have a swimming pool now? 

Yeah paying for a swimming pool like the club had a few mullions in the bank!! Webbers superb at wasting the club's finances, and he is the reason we are in debt. We have the highest wage bill I read,  if true then he is culpable of mis management. 

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the majority of supporters would not give two monkeys if he was sacked.

That's true. But it's also true they'd move on to someone else. Why was Smith sacked?

If/ when the Americans take over I doubt many of the incumbents will remain. Why would they? Currently the process is to gain control (I assume) but the results of the incumbents since MA has been openly involved has been abysmal. 
Go back to the photo on the pitch post Spurs game. What has happened since ? Granted the discussions would have been going for some time beforehand but has anyone covered themselves well? 
A few senior salary packages might get reviewed too . 

Get real. The club is in a significantly better place due to Webber. Name some clubs with a similar budget who have done as well, or better than us since he came in?

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He brought in the Soccer Bot 360 though, legacy intact. 

Soccer Bot 360 and the two best players on the soccer Bot were Gilmour and Cantwell that was worth the money  !!