Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Kenny injured - Likely remainder of season

Looks like he's out for remainder of season based on pinkun live feed.  

We really are having some poor luck with injuries, especially with players who've performed better under Wagner.  gutted! 😞

Looking on the bright side he was always going to be a key part of it next season. Time for Sorensen and Gibbs to try to develop and impress.

• Like 3

It does seem we’ve had a fair few injuries this season, but probably no more than others/usual. You tend to notice them more when things aren’t going your way.  

I did mention earlier this season, when we had up to 11 sidelined for a couple of games and was rather shouted down (even though it was factual); to be fair Smith never used it as an excuse.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Presumably this was a training injury.

They said it occurred end of last match, I remember him taking a knock and not looking too sharp for a while - I guess it was that.

43 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

They said it occurred end of last match, I remember him taking a knock and not looking too sharp for a while - I guess it was that.

They said during canary call he had a brace on his leg, but nothing to worry about as he had finished the match!

• Confused 1

Now is the time for those on the sidelines to show these older players are not the answer, Gibbs & Sorensen doing well enough and I still think Omobamadele is our best defender and should be starting, some of us have been calling for this change now we have it enforced, lets see what the youngsters with no baggage can do in the last few weeks.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

First game out, 2-0 up away to promotion contenders.

Should I list all the wins he's been involved in?

The main difference is playing 3 midfielders but really you knew that, if you were watching.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The main difference is playing 3 midfielders but really you knew that, if you were watching.

If I'm not mistaken, our points per game record has been better with McLean in the team than without him in every season that he's been here (including this one).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair I've only just switched it on. Ironic that both goals came from midfielders though... might give us a chance of the play offs now. 😉

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

Now is the time for those on the sidelines to show these older players are not the answer, Gibbs & Sorensen doing well enough and I still think Omobamadele is our best defender and should be starting, some of us have been calling for this change now we have it enforced, lets see what the youngsters with no baggage can do in the last few weeks.

Great chance for the youngsters and plenty for them to play for.  Wembley is still on tonight...

Edited by nutty nigel
💪💪🏿💛⚽💚
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

To be fair I've only just switched it on. Ironic that both goals came from midfielders though... might give us a chance of the play offs now. 😉

Besotted buddy!

Everything is viewed through the lens of Kenny

Edited by nutty nigel
😍
  • Haha 1

You never want to see players get injured. However I'd be lying if I wasn't interested to see how we do without Hanley and McLean starting every week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, king canary said:

You never want to see players get injured. However I'd be lying if I wasn't interested to see how we do without Hanley and McLean starting every week.

Indeed. I think their importance to the squad for their 'leadership' may have been slightly overblown. 

Similar with Pukki in a way although he's not a macho man type leader. I'm sure his news will have been a boost to Sargent and Idah.

Agreed. Nobody likes to see players injured but it will be interesting to see who becomes the scapegoat. Someone has to step up. Maybe Giannoulis or Onel as an outside bet...

Edited by nutty nigel

10 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Our Colney treatment room is going to look akin to a battlefield front line field hospital....

Looks like Hayden and Byram have got off the treatment table just in time to make way for Hanley and Gibson.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like Hayden and Byram have got off the treatment table just in time to make way for Hanley and Gibson.

Well they do say that things happen for a reason....

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

I've always felt Omo and Gibson might be our best CB pairing and have been a signed up member of the why isn't Sorenson playing more club.

Just have to hope Gibson is just a minor knock.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Great chance for the youngsters and plenty for them to play for.  Wembley is still on tonight...

What youth lacks in experience sometimes makes up for in effort, energy & expectation.....Could be a blessing to lose some senior players to injury give those youth products a taste for first team squad.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 17:20, Mello Yello said:

Our Colney treatment room is going to look akin to a battlefield front line field hospital....

As far as the treatment tables are concerned, I’m interested to see if Kenny will be in the middle in front of Grant and Ben and will Byram move out to the left or right?

15 hours ago, Justin time said:

As far as the treatment tables are concerned, I’m interested to see if Kenny will be in the middle in front of Grant and Ben and will Byram move out to the left or right?

The Triage formation....

It was good to see Sorensen and Gibbs put a marker down yesterday, but it’s still a shame not to have Kenny as an option especially for a promotion run in, he’s been superb this season.

Same with Hanley. He doesn’t deserve to be undroppable, but he is a great pro.

20 hours ago, Justin time said:

Byram has left a beach towell on his just in case.