cambridgeshire canary

I see Hugill scored twice today..

Because he is a decent Championship striker. Would expect him to end up with 6 or 7 by the end of the season which would be a good return.

• Like 6

Good. The reality is he probably wouldn't have made our bench today.

Massive win for Rotherham, pleased for them.

Hopefully Hugill can help take points off our rivals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good. The reality is he probably wouldn't have made our bench today.

Massive win for Rotherham, pleased for them.

Hopefully Hugill can help take points off our rivals.

Seeing Rotherham stay up would be nice fair to say their fans do rather deserve it for sticking by them after so many failed attempts to do so in the past

I'm not surprised. Hugill has always looked a good fit for a club like Rotherham. I think he'd fit in very well at Millwall also.

• Like 1

One was a pen but yeah, pleased to see him do well. Just struggled here as he was never mobile enough to challenge Pukki for a starting spot 

He's an awful footballer, but he has some strengths. The problem is, if you don't play to those strengths (we don't), he's next to useless. Lump it in the air, get him to battle for the ball, back into defenders and hold it up the pitch and he can do a job, but, ask him to play in tight spaces, expect anything but a simple pass or to move intelligently and you will be disappointed.  He's like the striker version of Hanley. (That's a little harsh on Hanley, even I admit).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

He's an awful footballer, but he has some strengths. The problem is, if you don't play to those strengths (we don't), he's next to useless. Lump it in the air, get him to battle for the ball, back into defenders and hold it up the pitch and he can do a job, but, ask him to play in tight spaces, expect anything but a simple pass or to move intelligently and you will be disappointed.  He's like the striker version of Hanley. (That's a little harsh on Hanley, even I admit).

I'd say limited rather than awful. He does what he does very well. But I agree totally that he doesn't suit our style at all.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm not surprised. Hugill has always looked a good fit for a club like Rotherham. I think he'd fit in very well at Millwall also.

And Wroxham 

How can anyone can rate him as pro footballer 

Just now, daly said:

And Wroxham 

Clearly Rotherham and it's fans do. And so did Farke, after all Farke said that he was one of the reasons we got promoted to the prem under him. But I guess you'll ignore that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daly said:

And Wroxham 

Apparently West Ham's experienced scouting team, our experienced scouting team, QPRs experienced scouting team, Prestons experienced scouting team, and now Rotherhams experienced scouting team.

Although I'm sure you're the one who's got it right Daly.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daly said:

And Wroxham 

Regular at Trafford Park are you ?

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

'Striker scores goals' shocker.

It is to some. I mean it seems the "worst striker ever" torch according to some has been passed to Idah but I mean we have people on here in this very thread saying he's only good enough for League two nevermind all the people saying he was awful here. (Which is a lie but whatever)

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Regular at Trafford Park are you ?

No regular at CR are you????

3 goals before today in 775 minutes 

Strange he has spent most of his career on loan

Seems his strength is in the dressing room       keeping the spirit up prior to the game

Good luck to him continually getting contacts with his lack of ability 

I’ve played with better players in the N&S league 

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

An awful footballer doesn’t score two goals in the championship. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daly said:

Seems his strength is in the dressing room       keeping the spirit up prior to the game

No you haven't - but go on - keep digging.

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Got to admit that I'm already rather looking forward to Hanley marking Hugill when Rotherham come here. Should be like a throwback to the good ol' days. 

35 minutes ago, daly said:

And Wroxham 

Oh dear! Hugill has been a professional footballer for many years and has scored 62 goals for various clubs. Not prolific for a striker who is now 30 years old but light years above the likes of good old Wroxham Town!

16 minutes ago, daly said:

I suggest you refer to the facts my friend and not your biased, subjective opinion.

Eh, Hugill's good if you have wingers and players out wide pinging crosses in. That was never really our game. Saying he wasn't as good as Pukki's missing the point a bit - Pukki thrives on channel balls and through balls, and we generally feed those in.

Put Pukki at Millwall or Rotherham, and their fans would be saying he's not too great.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Do we have to have all this again?

Leave the poor **** alone. 

Sadly some just can't accept that he's a nice guy and a decent footballer.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Seems strange all who now are defending Hugill when he was at NCFC he was rated useless

Good luck to him but the majority of supporters didn’t rate  Hugill

PS wonder why Wagner got rid of him when we only have 2 strikers 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly some just can't accept that he's a nice guy and a decent footballer.

Just now, daly said:

Seems strange all who now are defending Hugill when he was at NCFC he was rated useless

5 minutes ago, daly said:

We have 3

• Thanks 1