Sign in to follow this  
daly

Wembley Stadium

When ever you want I guess is the answer. They do nice tour packages..

If you mean how long till we get to see the mighty Yellow and Green Army turn out, safe bet we will make it in the next 10 years. 

Could even make it via some paint trophy if we go down again.... Always a bright side with more chances for Wembley! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Apparently there are only eight clubs who have never played at the new Wembley. Any ideas...

There's been absolutely no stench of bins at the new Wembley 

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

There's been absolutely no stench of bins at the new Wembley 

Despite four paint pots and three attempts of getting in the top six of the third division.

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Apparently there are only eight clubs who have never played at the new Wembley. Any ideas...

Is that true!? If so that actually fills me with a little hope about football in general. 

Is that stat from the 92 league clubs? 

Port vale

Accrington Stanley

Blackburn

Colchester

Them

Crawley

Hartlepool

Grimsby (I think) forest was on the list I found but they went for the play offs last year. Grimsby came up from the conference but their playoff final was at the London stadium. 

I'm not sure we will make the playofffs, let alone the final. We can only hope. It was a great day out though, in fact I really enjoyed the Cardiff final all those years back, despite the result. Amazing atmosphere with the roof being closed.

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

Port vale

Accrington Stanley

Blackburn

Colchester

Them

Crawley

Hartlepool

Grimsby (I think) forest was on the list I found but they went for the play offs last year. Grimsby came up from the conference but their playoff final was at the London stadium. 

Vale played there in the League Two playoff final last season, but you're probably not far away with the others.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

I'm not sure we will make the playofffs, let alone the final. We can only hope. It was a great day out though, in fact I really enjoyed the Cardiff final all those years back, despite the result. Amazing atmosphere with the roof being closed.

If we keep playing like we are and we go up cant wait to get spanked 6 nill every match and beat derbys all time lowest top flight points total

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

The list gets smaller. Here's hoping Ipswich are the last ones on it!

They're also one of only two clubs in the current 92 not to have either been promoted or won a trophy in the last 20 years.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 2

Id only bother going to Wembley if we were playing, the place is a ripoff shoitehole. Went to England Holland friendly a few years ago, im sure it was seven and a half quid for a  pasty. 2015 playoff final meanwhile was some day out.... didnt notice  the prices😀

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Id only bother going to Wembley if we were playing, the place is a ripoff shoitehole. 

Can’t agree Wembley’s a Shoitehole. Rip off yes but it’s a fantastic venue.

If we’re talking about rip off shoiteholes then the old Wembley took some beating.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we keep playing like we are and we go up cant wait to get spanked 6 nill every match and beat derbys all time lowest top flight points total

That's the spirit. You might even leave that back bedroom (wherever it is located) to celebrate our losing.

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oldham play in the National League.

So basically the article is a load of old bollox and way out of date then lol 

15 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So basically the article is a load of old bollox and way out of date then lol 

Yes, and No. I merely posted up where the info (above) came from. That was why I didn't add any comment.

6 hours ago, Satriales said:

As much as I'd obviously go to Wembley if we get there... I'm not particularly excited by the prospect of promotion this season anyway, I think we'd be going up too early and that we could perhaps do with a bit of a rebuild and reconfiguration and then challenge next season.

Players like Gibbs, Idah, Mumba, Rowe, AO, all need more Championship football. Then there has been an argument that we have to go up in order to keep hold of Pukki, but there's a growing realisation that he's past his best and us unlikely to deliver in the top tier like he has in the past. 

Not saying we should do anything silly like give up on the promotion race or throw the play-offs, but simply that failure to go up this season might be for the best. 

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You don't need to worry about this since if we keep playing as we are we simply won't go up.

We'd need a substantial improvement to make, and then win, the playoffs, in which case we'd all be a lot more confident.

Do I think this will happen? No.

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As much as I'd obviously go to Wembley if we get there... I'm not particularly excited by the prospect of promotion this season anyway, I think we'd be going up too early and that we could perhaps do with a bit of a rebuild and reconfiguration and then challenge next season.

If the speculation about Attanasio refinancing the loan we took out secured by the summer's parachute payments is correct, then this would seem even more like the right course. More fun, too. Be great if those players you mention could be the basis of a new team we could all begin to identify with.

On 19/02/2023 at 20:55, nutty nigel said:

7 now, 6 after Plymouth play there 😁

• Haha 2

Much as our friends down the road like to shout about their win at the old Wembley it's surprising how many of them suffer from amnesia when asked about their Charity Shield appearance when they lost 5-0 to Forest 😂