I thought he was injured for the next two months or so? And now he turns up at one of our biggest competitors. What has gone on here?

Edited by shefcanary

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I suspect he downed tools when Deano was sacked - but who knows. Seems a strange one 

What a laughable thing to say - he was injured during the World Cup break on the club's tour to Tampa. If he was only going to play for Dean Smith he'd hardly go and play for Middlesbrough would he? 

We only had one loan spot left so perhaps Wagner decided he wanted Marquinos in rather than Ramsey back? Good that he's back playing in any event.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

I wonder if some mistake has been made - didn’t AJ have a brother, perhaps they’ve signed him? Edit - certainly feels a strange one, he had surgery only recently?

Edited by Branston Pickle

It's decidedly odd that his loan was terminated if he's fit enough to go out again. Maybe his injury was less severe than was initially thought, or maybe Villa preferred him not to be having his career stalled by regressive tactics? 

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

We only had one loan spot left so perhaps Wagner decided he wanted Marquinos in rather than Ramsey back? Good that he's back playing in any event.

That’s not true - you can have numerous loans in the Champs, it’s in the PL where you’re more restricted 

• Like 1

Presumed the injury was to save face at the time that he didn't want to be here following the sacking. Must admit.  Rarely do players or clubs feel the need to 'prove' there's an injury, which is alarm bells for me.

Edited by Google Bot

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Presumed the injury was to save face at the time that he didn't want to be here following the sacking. Must admit.  Rarely do players or clubs feel the need to 'prove' there's an injury, which is alarm bells for me.

Again - he got injured on the club's tour to Tampa - this was well before Dean Smith was sacked. He missed the Swansea, Blackburn and Luton games - all of which occurred while Smith was still our manager. 

Hope he get's booed  when we play against Boro the snake.. Seriously though bit strange given he was said to be injured. Did feel like he left due to Smith's sacking but if so why join Boro?  

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

And to be fair to the young lad, he often seemed like the only player who had the slightest clue what Dean Smith was trying to do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He was pictured in his hospital bed following an op, which I think even for our Webberganda campaign might be a bit much

Really weird one though, only this morning I was saying I'd have liked to see what he could do under Wagner. And to turn up at a direct rival as well...

I mean, he was definitely injured, didn't he post about his rehab work on social media?

Maybe Villa only wanted him here under Smith? Maybe there was a falling out regarding injury treatment? He was pretty good for us.

14 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's decidedly odd that his loan was terminated if he's fit enough to go out again. Maybe his injury was less severe than was initially thought, or maybe Villa preferred him not to be having his career stalled by regressive tactics? 

Perhaps he's not fit yet and boro have signed him in the hope that he will be fit enough to make a telling contribution towards the end of the season whereas we were happy to get the wages off the books....it's not as though we haven't done similar before.

Obviously if he plays at the weekend then I'll take it back and call him a snake like everyone else....

Edited by cornish sam

14 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

We are allowed 5 loans, not 2

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Perhaps he's not fit yet and villa have signed him in the hope that he will be fit enough to make a telling contribution towards the end of the season whereas we were happy to get the wages off the books....it's not as though we haven't done similar before.

Obviously if he plays at the weekend then I'll take it back and call him a snake like everyone else....

'Boro

Just now, PockthorpePete said:

We are allowed 5 loans, not 2

5 in a matchday squad, I don't believe there is actually a limit on total number at the club.

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Again - he got injured on the club's tour to Tampa - this was well before Dean Smith was sacked. He missed the Swansea, Blackburn and Luton games - all of which occurred while Smith was still our manager. 

Well it's one thing to be injured for a few matches, and completely another to walk out from a club mid-season without even saying goodbye or making a mention on social media about how gutted he was to fans.

This was a loyalty move with the perfect alibi, gotta be a fool to think otherwise. 

I'm not sure this is all down to him, it's interesting that he has gone to Boro where one of their assistants was previously at Villa under Smith and Gerrard. I wouldn't be surprised if Villa see these prior relationships as beneficial.  

'Ramsey has not played since and he went back to Villa for rehabilitation, but Middlesbrough have decided to take a gamble on him, suggesting that he is nearing a return to full fitness.'

So we would have been liable for his wages (part of), with no knowledge of when he would be fit

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean, he was definitely injured, didn't he post about his rehab work on social media?

Maybe Villa only wanted him here under Smith? Maybe there was a falling out regarding injury treatment? He was pretty good for us.

File it under ‘random’, for sure.

Can only assume we thought the injury/rehab worse than it ended up being - what with Hayden as well, it was sensible not to risk having two long term injury loans and we could use the money for another player.

• Like 1

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Didn't we send him back to Villa because he was injured ?

Seems very odd that he's almost immediately been farmed out to Middlesbrough.

Normann, Hayden-type situation then.