16 hours ago, Spillay said:

I know Il be in the minority but I personally think itl be a sad day if/when they are relegated. One of the genuine big clubs with a proud history and the "School of Science" etc.. for that to be replaced by a nothing club like potentially Blackburn or Boro, I dont think thats great at all.

Surely a club replacing them could be us? 

13 hours ago, Spillay said:

If you think buying a trophy and thus beginning the whole cycle of why football is being ruined by money is somehow an achievement.. okie dokie!

They didn't begin the cycle, they were just the first to exploit it...

15 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I think the board will realise that lampard isn't a manager and never has been, sack him and they'll get out of trouble tho. 

Lampard looks completely out of his depth to me. His demeanour, confused expressions on the touchline, his ‘someone please help me’ post-match interviews.

But much like I feel Smith was doing, I think Frank’s holding out for a sacking and the pay-off which’ll accompany it. However, I’m not convinced Everton can actually afford it. 

What a muddle. And what a shame. Boo hoo. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

If Everton are relegated their fans will be an utter menace everywhere they travel next season.

Millwall and Everton 'fans' have an unpleasant grudge going back years. 

17 hours ago, Spillay said:

I know Il be in the minority but I personally think itl be a sad day if/when they are relegated. One of the genuine big clubs with a proud history and the "School of Science" etc.. for that to be replaced by a nothing club like potentially Blackburn or Boro, I dont think thats great at all.

Yes you are in the minority. The only alternative to Everton or a club like them being relegated is to scrap relegation. 

• Like 1

I think it’s great when so called big clubs get relegated. Everton fans always go on about their history but the last time they did anything worthwhile was in the long and distant history. A large chunk of their fans weren’t born when they last won a major trophy. 

Let’s enjoy them slowly get relegated.  Watch their fans being driven into a deep despair week after week. 

The other Championship clubs will benefit financially from Everton having a spell in this division. It also give another club the chance to make it in the PL rather than the usual old boys club.

Everton go down, Ipswich go up, and their fans can meet twice a season and pretend it's still the good old days when both teams were still relevant.

minions-laughing-rofl.gif

Edited by Sooty57
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Everton go down, Ipswich go up, and their fans can meet twice a season and pretend it's still the good old days when both teams were still relevant.

minions-laughing-rofl.gif

Ah back in the "good old days" when the world was in black and white..Or was it sepia tone? 🤔

Last day of the season and Everton are drawing 1-1 deep into injury time needing another goal to stay up

An Everton player trips over his boot lace 10 yards outside the area and therefore a penalty is awarded. However, the oppo goalie dives the right way, and gets both hands on a big bag of cash, and runs off celebrating.  Meanwhile, the ball trickles over the line in the other corner and Everton are saved for another year

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spillay said:

That minority would be a minority of 1!

Remember them wrongly accusing our fans, generally thinking they're bigger and better than they are for years alongside financial dodges and whatever else.

3 hours ago, mrdi said:

But much like I feel Smith was doing, I think Frank’s holding out for a sacking and the pay-off which’ll accompany it. However, I’m not convinced Everton can actually afford it. 

I can't stand Lampard.  I think he was massively overrated as a(n England) player - both Scholes and Gerrard (both massively better than him) had to adapt to accommodate him and we lost a great deal because of it. I hated the Chelsea side he played in. The media loved him too much as a player and a manager. As a manager, he took Derby from a "terrible 6th place" to an "excellent 6th place" (with Mount and Abrahams in the team!). Having said all of that, I very much doubt he he is holding out for a pay-off; he certainly does not need the money and will just throw it with the rest of the massive pile of cash he has. I think he thinks he's good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I can't stand Lampard.  I think he was massively overrated as a(n England) player - both Scholes and Gerrard (both massively better than him) had to adapt to accommodate him and we lost a great deal because of it. I hated the Chelsea side he played in. The media loved him too much as a player and a manager. As a manager, he took Derby from a "terrible 6th place" to an "excellent 6th place" (with Mount and Abrahams in the team!). Having said all of that, I very much doubt he he is holding out for a pay-off; he certainly does not need the money and will just throw it with the rest of the massive pile of cash he has. I think he thinks he's good.

Whilst I think some of your post is a tad harsh (you don't make 106 appearances for England scoring 29 goals if you're 'massively overrated' surely?), I do 100% agree with the section highlighted. Who can ever forget the ridiculous, cringing .................'Frank Lampard's Derby County' that season?. It was bizarre and absurd in equal measure. If I was a Rams fan it would have infuriated me!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Whilst I think some of your post is a tad harsh (you don't make 106 appearances for England scoring 29 goals if you're 'massively overrated' surely?), I do 100% agree with the section highlighted. Who can ever forget the ridiculous, cringing .................'Frank Lampard's Derby County' that season?. It was bizarre and absurd in equal measure. If I was a Rams fan it would have infuriated me!

Agreed, it was very harsh! He was a good footballer, but my problem is that - in my opinion - having him in the England team made us much worse. That is because I believe both Scholes and Gerrard to have been special, both of whom had to adapt their game, making them much less effective, all because of Lampards presence. Of course it's the managers fault and not Lampards, but I wrongly hold a grudge against him because of it (and the other things I mention).

Their last four games are: Brighton away, Man City at home, Wolves away then Bournemouth at home - Not easy by any means with two against their relegation rivals. This is of course before Sky meddle with the fixtures to create a cat and mouse scenario. It is about time someone called that out too.

11 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Don’t you mean 94/95?

That’s the distant past to me, I was 8 years old and playing with micro machines, now I’m 34 with a 3 year old daughter, a mortgage and a golf addiction.

2 hours ago, Canary73 said:

Their last four games are: Brighton away, Man City at home, Wolves away then Bournemouth at home - Not easy by any means with two against their relegation rivals. This is of course before Sky meddle with the fixtures to create a cat and mouse scenario. It is about time someone called that out too.

Bournemouth at home has a relegation playoff written all over it at present, but a long way to go yet…..could be a very sticky end for the toffees!

Edited by Indy

2 hours ago, Canary73 said:

Their last four games are: Brighton away, Man City at home, Wolves away then Bournemouth at home - Not easy by any means with two against their relegation rivals.

Brighton are definitely not relegation rivals.

They have 31 points in half a season.

They'd have to get like 5 points in the second half of the season to go down.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Didn't say they were.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wolves and Bournemouth are though

Everton have to sack him

The players they have are not world beaters but some good players there 

that team should have enough to beat the drop with a better Manager 

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Sadly they are now under investigation by the FA for alleged undeclared under the counter payments to star striker Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson...

Don't bring that ****** into it. I'm so thankful he chose not to use Alex as his main name and tarnish it. The fact he still has it is embarrassing tho.