Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

What other fanbase in England

Would not have turned on these owners by now? Genuine question because i can't wrap my head around it. Robert Chase had us competing in the old division 1. Nearly winning the first Premier League. Beating Bayern Munich. And he was hounded out. Under the current owners we have had 25 years of under achievement and humiliation, and yet nothing. What has happened to the Norwich City fanbase?

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Apparently they are giving them to their nephew.

That was the plan about 6 years ago. Can't see any plausible way this happens with the Attanasio's around.

9 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Would not have turned on these owners by now? Genuine question because i can't wrap my head around it. Robert Chase had us competing in the old division 1. Nearly winning the first Premier League. Beating Bayern Munich. And he was hounded out. Under the current owners we have had 25 years of under achievement and humiliation, and yet nothing. What has happened to the Norwich City fanbase?

Robert Chase oversaw our fall from the premier League in the first place.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

That was the plan about 6 years ago. Can't see any plausible way this happens with the Attanasio's around.

So Tom can sell them to Attanasio?

Edited by keelansgrandad

The fans did not turn up, and the club acted in removing Smith. In reality the owners probably have very little say in the day to day running of the club. 

2 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

25 years of under achievement and humiliation, during which we’ve outperformed almost all other similar sized clubs, including your lot down the road.

• Like 3

Right guys.lets get to it.

We need people on 

Twitter, posters, t shirts, stupid aeroplane messages, emails, postcards 

Go go go 🙄🙄

29 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

25 years of under achievement and humiliation, during which we’ve outperformed almost all other similar sized clubs, including your lot down the road.

From challenging for the Premier League and knocking Bayern Munich out of the UEFA Cup under Chase. To League One, multiple relegations, and Premier League whipping boys. You consider this success? It's clearly 25 years of regression. Amazing so many are loathe to admit it. What is it about these owners that so many Norwich fans refuse to acknowledge their constant failures? Bizarre.

So Mr Scott... Considering you are part of this fanbase..

What do you suggest as you surely take some collective responsibility?

I'm all ready to get out my che Guevara hat and jacket, viva la revolution

50 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Right guys.lets get to it.

We need people on 

Twitter, posters, t shirts, stupid aeroplane messages, emails, postcards 

Go go go 🙄🙄

Thinking of setting up a GoFundMe for this one...

fFu_5tt0FWSYWg53gTr7bg_r.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

The gutless support has simply got the team they deserve.

Can't see it ever changing now the slide to obscurity is under way.

Binners out in force tonight celebrating their draw in League 1

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

They are at least on the up we are sinking like a brick in water .

2 minutes ago, City 101 said:

They are at least on the up we are sinking like a brick in water .

Really- there was me thinking they’d dropped out of the automatic promotion places!

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

19 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

The gutless support has simply got the team they deserve.

Can't see it ever changing now the slide to obscurity is under way.

You ain’t had such a good day either, all those new season ticket holders and your league slide starts.

Maybe we will play you next year after all in league 1.

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Don't forget the bedsheets.

If they announce Steve Bruce on Thursday I'll be straight in the bedroom and whipping it off in readiness for Sunday 😁

Although Big Keith is a bit of a wind-up merchant, it’s certainly true that under 26 years of Mr and Mrs Wynne-Jones’ ownership the Club has failed to move forward in any meaningful way.  Yes, we’ve had lots of promotions, but they’ve been cancelled out by the same number of rapid relegations, and here we are once again as a bang average Championship side.  The point was made by the OP that strident protests were made against Robert Chase due, mainly, to perceived lack of ambition (selling our best players, not keeping Mike Walker, being relegated) despite us having had our most successful period under his ownership.  Yet now our apparent lack of ambition and acceptance of mediocrity seems so much more ingrained and accepted, with many supporters being unwilling or unable to accept any murmur of dissent directed at Delia and her husband.  Make no mistake, NCFC is in a real mess, and that runs from the top to the bottom.  Radical change is needed, and that has to start with the ownership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Although Big Keith is a bit of a wind-up merchant, it’s certainly true that under 26 years of Mr and Mrs Wynne-Jones’ ownership the Club has failed to move forward in any meaningful way.  Yes, we’ve had lots of promotions, but they’ve been cancelled out by the same number of rapid relegations, and here we are once again as a bang average Championship side.  The point was made by the OP that strident protests were made against Robert Chase due, mainly, to perceived lack of ambition (selling our best players, not keeping Mike Walker, being relegated) despite us having had our most successful period under his ownership.  Yet now our apparent lack of ambition and acceptance of mediocrity seems so much more ingrained and accepted, with many supporters being unwilling or unable to accept any murmur of dissent directed at Delia and her husband.  Make no mistake, NCFC is in a real mess, and that runs from the top to the bottom.  Radical change is needed, and that has to start with the ownership.

The change of ownership you want is probably happening, albeit in stages.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

You ain’t had such a good day either, all those new season ticket holders and your league slide starts.

Maybe we will play you next year after all in league 1.

One of the gutless Delia-ites looking for any excuse to hide from the truth.

11 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Maybe one day you and your little whatsapp chums will grow up and understand that Ipswich is 'just another team' and start seeing what is going wrong with our own club under Smith and Jones.

Immature taunts belong in the playground which I left behind decades ago.

I'm probably treating this with more seriousness than the OP deserves but this is Chase's last full league table.

Of the similarly sized teams - Blackburn, Forest, QPR, Wimbledon, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, Palace, Leicester, Ipswich - only Leicester have "reached the heights."

Southampton and Palace have been more successful in the EPL (although Southampton's time may be coming to a close). All three have at one stage gone into administration.

Blackburn, Forest, QPR, Wimbledon, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, and Ipswich have done worse than us. 

I am not particularly wedded to Delia and Michael, but see no  compelling evidence that they have ender-achieved. However, it is patently the case that we hounded out of office (myself included*) the most successful Chairman that we are ever likely to have.

*Change always seems so attractive doesn't it 🤔

image.png.ce001108d6cce09d831621d3f824f28a.png

Edited by Badger
Removed quotation
  • Thanks 1