Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Who wants to get to the play off final ……….

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Nah I did the last one. I have no interest in going to Cardiff.

It's not at Cardiff.

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It's not at Cardiff.

Bleh I know that sorry previous poster put Cardiff in my head and I brain farted 

32 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It's not at Cardiff.

Yea I know, I’m talking about the journey home if you have lost !

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Happy New Misery

Can I have your tickets if we get there? I have a whole family wanting to go.

Indeed, I know that with Smith gone we have less to complain about, but discussing defeat in a match that we're probably not even going to play in is a bit desperate.

I’d love to go if we got there. The Middlesbrough triumph was marred by taking the coaches put on the by the club. I want to go and fully enjoy the whole day experience! 

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’d love to go if we got there. The Middlesbrough triumph was marred by taking the coaches put on the by the club. I want to go and fully enjoy the whole day experience! 

We had a club coach commandeered by the BBC and with loads of PUPs on board👍

• Like 1

I would absolutely love to watch Norwich at Wembley again.

I wasn't going to be rude but how wet, soft, pathetic and weak-willed as a football supporter do you have to be to even have the though process of "I dont want my team in a final in case we lose!"

I will never be able to relate to that.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We had a club coach commandeered by the BBC and with loads of PUPs on board👍

Get me on it Nutty! Party bus central 

17 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

As I recall there was a possibility of an issue with trains that day. Luckily everything went smoothly and it was a very long day what with an evening out in London after the game.

A new coach hopefully will ignite the squad and we make the playoffs. Losing at Wembley wouldn't be brilliant but if you don't get there and go, what is the point? Every final has a loser but that doesn't stop prople dressing up and painting their faces.

The anticipation far outweighs the sadness afterwards. Many will remember the 70s Wembley defeats but you wouldn't swap the memories for anything.

Edited by keelansgrandad

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

As I recall there was a possibility of an issue with trains that day. Luckily everything went smoothly and it was a very long day what with an evening out in London after the game.

Yeah, there was a strike that was averted, but I didn’t want to risk it and booked coach early. I should’ve stayed the night in London and driven but didn’t have the pennies at the time. 

Let’s get a good manager in see his style of management, but for me let’s forget about it this year and fire on all cylinders next year 

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

Get me on it Nutty! Party bus central 

It was a one off. Nikki Fox from Look East saw a blog @Duncan Edwards had written about us going to Wembley with his son 30 years after he went with me (1985). Nikki got in touch and asked if BBC Look East could come with us and film it on the day. I wasn't sure because I thought it could be difficult if we lost. But then I remembered we were going to win so we did it. Me, my son, my daughter and two grandsons. We met up with Nikki and she commandeered a bus. Some of the PUPs got wind of it and joined us.  They then featured it all on Look East on the Monday. It was such a brilliant day with no miserabilists allowed.

I've got many more family who'd like to go so if the miserabilists don't want their tickets I hope they remember me.

• Like 1

After first game at Carrow Road in 1971 aged 7 , I reckon I’ve daydreamed about watching Norwich play at Wembley nearly every day since. Walked up Wembley way twice with Norwich , desperate to do it again. Losing would do me some serious damage but I’d take the chance every time. 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It was a one off. Nikki Fox from Look East saw a blog @Duncan Edwards had written about us going to Wembley with his son 30 years after he went with me (1985). Nikki got in touch and asked if BBC Look East could come with us and film it on the day. I wasn't sure because I thought it could be difficult if we lost. But then I remembered we were going to win so we did it. Me, my son, my daughter and two grandsons. We met up with Nikki and she commandeered a bus. Some of the PUPs got wind of it and joined us.  They then featured it all on Look East on the Monday. It was such a brilliant day with no miserabilists allowed.

I've got many more family who'd like to go so if the miserabilists don't want their tickets I hope they remember me.

You must have a video of it then @nutty nigel? Can you share it here?

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

You must have a video of it then @nutty nigel? Can you share it here?

There is a video that comes around every year on Facebook. I'll see if I can post it.

Can't find it right now Sheff

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Good for you and sounds like a brilliant day! 

• Like 1