Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Stop bullying SmithđŸ˜Ș

The answers he gave are not those of man who’ll be here for much longer. To use the old relationship analogy, at the end there’s certain things said that cannot be repaired. Too much has happened now. 
This has turned into a rather embarrassing era for our football club. 
He didn’t reply with humility, rather a man that defended himself with an attitude of smugness. Contrast his reaction and Hanley’s interview. Hanley responded with responsibility- like a leader. Smith didn’t. 

But at least we know there’s things you can’t go beyond before it’s too late. This is now beyond. This strange liminal space for a football manager between being successful and the sack is now a leaver that been pushed to point of breaking. It’s irrevocable and inevitable now. Just a matter of “when” not “if” he’ll go. 

Might sound a tad dramatic. But he’s lost my support. I find his positional painfully embarrassing and darkly hilarious. What a joke he has become! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's beyond delusional. What we're waiting for, Dean, is a semblance of coherent football. We want to see our creative players on the pitch with licence to play some of the free-flowing attacking football we'd become accustomed to in our last couple of Championship seasons.

We want to see someone actually play a through-ball when Pukki loses his man rather than lumping it into the channels for him to chase. We want to see our players working harder, being smarter and acting like they've been training together to create a team which is greater than the sum of its parts. 

What we've seen is plenty of evidence that we'll never get the required level of football while you're in charge. You promised us a different animal. Now we're holding you to that. We want our different animal and that requires a different head. 

This post, for me, is a succinctly tightly wrapped, uncomplicated, summary of the problems at hand. You’ve put into words, exactly what I’ve been thinking, yet couldn’t quite articulate. 
It’s painfully obvious! 

Probably got the worst two ball playing centre backs in the league

Midfield non existent 

link up play abysmal 

How anyone can say we have the best squad  in the league seems  a bit over the top

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daly said:

Midfield non existent 

link up play abysmal 

How anyone can say we have the best squad  in the league seems  a bit over the top

Despite being absolutely shocking and playing a lot of the season with a massive injury list we are 5th in the league. That says a lot about the strength of our squad and most of the league.

This squad of players could absolutely win the title under proper management.

Has it crossed anybody elses mind that Dean Smith might have just had enough and have been trying to get sacked here by attacking the fans?

He's got no affinity whatsoever to this club so is never going to do a Peter Grant and walk without compo, and the Villa job was probably the first time in his career that he's made serious money... playing career at Wallsall, Hereford and Leyton Orient might have paid his mortgage, kept his missus in the odd designer bag and just about bought him a Merc, but no way that's retirement money.

Second big pay off and his family is made. 

• Like 1

“Fortunately our next game is away from home”.  He really wants to be sacked. No employee can deride his employers in such a fashion. He just does not want to be here, we don’t want him here. Why is he still here?

Just now, kenfoggo said:

“Fortunately our next game is away from home”.  He really wants to be sacked. No employee can deride his employers in such a fashion. He just does not want to be here, we don’t want him here. Why is he still here?

ÂŁÂŁÂŁ

He treats us all with contempt. He quotes stats at us expecting us to be convinced that he is doing a good job . He has an adequate squad with players worth tens of millions out on loan, and yet he cannot coach a decent display from them. Anyone who watched the home defeats this season will not be able to stomach his disingenuous, deluded rants against the supporters. The performances have been utter dross, no commitment, no determination, no style nor belief. I will not attend another Norwich game, home or away until this clown has gone.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is just staggering. He has made zero attempt to ingratiate himself with the fans, and yet he's still trying to blame the fans for not seeing his bigger picture, his footballing genius, his raw and passionate desire to continue the fantastic work done by his predecessor?

The fact we are still in fifth place is unequivocally DESPITE our manager, not because of him. I am extremely confident that the board will act swiftly; Webber may be many things, but he's certainly not a sentimental idler. 

We are fifth and have lost 8 games. Halfway through the season.

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

image.thumb.jpeg.177dd064293b4f17c9d5ba18fa9bee4f.jpegIt’s worse than that CC. Apparently “a lot of them” want us to lose ?! 

Thats a pathetic thing to say. How many City fans want to lose ? Smith is toast . 

This is the narrative that emerged in the Richens interview. “The fans are shïte” 

Club is in big trouble. 

It comes straight from the top. Certainly Webber and Delia has come close to saying similar things at times as well. I have no doubt that within the corridors at Carrow Road the fans are viewed as something of an irritant other than of course when we are handing over our hard earned cash!

1 hour ago, daly said:

Midfield non existent 

link up play abysmal 

Hanley isn't great but 2 seasons ago Gibson was one of the best passers in the league from CB, he may have regressed a bit but it's more to do with the system and coaching imo.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's it for me. I've stood up for him in the face of adversity because I seriously thought he'd come good. That response to any given employer is as good as giving in ones notice, imho..

So fo with all due haste and see if you can punch above your weight elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, repman said:

Hanley isn't great but 2 seasons ago Gibson was one of the best passers in the league from CB, he may have regressed a bit but it's more to do with the system and coaching imo.

Gibson looks a shadow of the player he was when he came to Norwich. Seems to have lost confidence, he's much better than we are seeing atm.

• Like 1

He also said "if we play like crap come after me after the game"

We are Dean, we are...

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

He also said "if we play like crap come after me after the game"

We are Dean, we are...

Absolutely this!! 

If.... IF?? 

We've been playing crap since he darkened our doorstep! And we've only NOW started going for him properly 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 1

Another idiot manager obsessed with possession for possessions sake and think it equates to good football.

Has he gone yet?

11 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

It's all part of the club's attitude towards the fans. We're oiks, we're scum, we need to be told how to behave when we are in Carrow Road. Another poster said somewhere that Webber is poison to the club and he or she is right. Webber is poisoning the relationship between the club and fans and local media, and Delia and Michael are letting it happen. Once they seemed to genuinely love the fanbase; now they seem to share Webber and Smith's disdain for us.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a post quite so unequivocally.

I never understood why after Daniel we didn’t get another manager with a similar footballing philosophy.  In interviews Smith seems fixated on statistics.  We had so much possession, so many shots - but sat watching it felt we could play for a week and never score. 

I can’t see how he can turn this around.  I feel in situations like this it is cruel to let him carry on.  For his own sake, as much as ours, move him on.  No matter the money, it must a lonely and miserable time for him - and he will never be accepted now. His comments will constantly come back and haunt him. 

Webers comments about Alex Neil must weighing heavy on him now. He looks like he was lucky once, rather than a man with a vision.

Curious use of the term “narrative “ by Dean Smith. The implication, of course, is that “they are all out to get me”. Sad Dean Smith. He is wilfully blind to the fact that IF his coaching actually stopped our team losing game after game at home then there would be no “narrative “. “Infamy ,Infamy! They’ve all got it in for me! “ Poor Dean Smith.