Midlands Yellow

Harry and Megan

55 minutes ago, Herman said:

The whole point of this is because his family have spent years briefing against him and his, through the press, knowing full well that they have the power to turn people. 

Herman - I'm generally sympathetic to Harry - I'm sure most of his statements are actually or ring true.

However, it's only because we have a 'Royal Family' in the modern social media age that this toxic situation exists at all.

Best now to to get rid of them all, well past their sell by date and then no further issues. He can get on with being an overindulged / overpaid minor celebrity that was once famous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

The whole point of this is because his family have spent years briefing against him and his, through the press, knowing full well that they have the power to turn people. 

Have they? I thought they actually accepted her with open arms, it was more process and not accepting that Kate was the nations Royal darling. I’m not saying there wasn’t tension but all families have that.

I doubt very much that any royal briefed the press at all, there’s a team of people who go to press on behalf of the royals and it’s the press themselves who print utter rubbish to get this type of situation. For Harry to do what he has is beyond me. Still each to their own, it’s almost as every daft situation he’s got himself into he’s trying to blame others for! He’s going for the big sympathy vote and I don’t think many are falling for it all. But we can all read into this how we see it. 👍 This has Megan team Netflix all over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I doubt very much that any royal briefed the press at all, there’s a team of people who go to press on behalf of the royals and it’s the press themselves who print utter rubbish to get this type of situation.

Are you suggesting that the Royals' press teams release this stuff without the assent of their masters? Surely not!

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Still not quite as bad as that energy drink by some "influencer" or other. That has made me absolutely laugh my head off.

It made me run in circles at 100mph and píss myself 

Head coming off is a really bad side effect😲

you should visit your GP, if you can get an appointment 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Amused me.image.png.d1c7e791c701343fcead06e602bb03c7.png

And in exactly one year's time bookshop bargain basements and charity shops will be full of them - like bleddy Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code was (which apparently was crap writing) and Fifty Shades of Grey (another I've never read and never will)😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/01/2023 at 15:30, horsefly said:

Are you suggesting that the Royals' press teams release this stuff without the assent of their masters? Surely not!

Tbey 'advise'  the Royals as to the correct response . The advice is usually    ' say nothing'. Small press releases are allowed as long as non controversial. 

Remember  ....as soon as you have to explain , you're losing.  

NB Birdyo. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

As much as I want a Republic, I have to say that the Royals can't win. On one hand they are told to stay aloof, which they should do. On the other hand they are told to modernise.

Just leave them be in their own little world, bringing in some foreign earnings and attending galas and openings. Don't let them dominate our lives. Ignore them. Pat on the head and lump of sugar is good.

15 hours ago, sonyc said:

- like bleddy Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code was (which apparently was crap writing)

God knows how he managed to sell so many copies of that badly written nonsense. Makes Jeffrey Archer seem like Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

As much as I want a Republic, I have to say that the Royals can't win. On one hand they are told to stay aloof, which they should do. On the other hand they are told to modernise.

Just leave them be in their own little world, bringing in some foreign earnings and attending galas and openings. Don't let them dominate our lives. Ignore them. Pat on the head and lump of sugar is good.

I have afeeling that Charles has worked  out that the general public, with the exception much of the elder generations, but especially the younger see no point in the Royal Family. Quite a lot are ambivalent but resent the hangers on,

I forsee  great changes along the lines you suggested and they should play no part in goverment no matter how nominal that has become.

I find the who circus embarrassing, but there's no doubt that they bring in tourist money and also work hard.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

God knows how he managed to sell so many copies of that badly written nonsense. Makes Jeffrey Archer seem like Shakespeare.

Give every man thy ear, but few your voice

Edited by keelansgrandad

20 hours ago, ricardo said:

God knows it was promoted as anti-Catholic.  That's how.  Never fails.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Catholic who is not happy (to say the least) about some aspects of the Church as an institution, but anti-Catholic bigotry is as bad as any other kind of prejudice.

Edited by benchwarmer

Looks like decades more of having to listen to Harry as the media will lap it up and he clearly doesn't want to shut up. I'd change the channel, but when it's on every one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Looks like decades more of having to listen to Harry as the media will lap it up and he clearly doesn't want to shut up. I'd change the channel, but when it's on every one.

Apparently he has written enough for two books and had to cut Spare in half and it was difficult to decide what salacious bits to exclude. It hints to me like another one is coming and in that statement he is teasing😅

What might it be called? Spare Two? Spare Two Minutes?

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Apparently he has written enough for two books and had to cut Spare in half and it was difficult to decide what salacious bits to exclude. It hints to me like another one is coming and in that statement he is teasing😅

What might it be called? Spare Two? Spare Two Minutes?

Spare Me?

Apparently he says if he had told everything, his family would never speak to him again. So its personal and not the flunkies as he said.

AirNZ have called him out. He said in the book he had booked Smegan's old man on a first class flight with them blah blah blah. AirNZ says the ydon't even fly on the route he indicated let alone have her pater booked in 1st class. And they don't have first class. They have an executive class.

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

God knows it was promoted as anti-Catholic.  That's how.  Never fails.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Catholic who is not happy (to say the least) about some aspects of the Church as an institution, but anti-Catholic bigotry is alive and well and is as bad as any other kind of prejudice.

I think you're overanalysing this.

It was a good yarn and film - escapism - the bones (pun) of which have been knocking around for 40 years or more. Indeed some of the fundamental truths are in those 'other' gospels that were edited out by the early Church but nevertheless are contemporary with the 4 in current bible.

It is a challenge certainly to the accepted view (or is it indoctrinated) actual history of the Christian faith but I didn't see it as anti-Catholic any more than 'Oliver' is anti Jewish. And yes I'm a bit of both and more!

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think you're overanalysing this.

It was a good yarn and film - escapism - the bones (pun) of which have been knocking around for 40 years or more. Indeed some of the fundamental truths are in those 'other' gospels that were edited out by the early Church but nevertheless are contemporary with the 4 in current bible.

It is a challenge certainly to the accepted view (or is it indoctrinated) actual history of the Christian faith but I didn't see it as anti-Catholic any more than 'Oliver' is anti Jewish. And yes I'm a bit of both and more!

I was trying to say that it was promoted to attract an anti-Catholic, and indeed anti-Christian readership who would like to believe that because the Bible is incomplete (despite being so long that hardly anyone has ever read it cover to cover), Christianity is rubbish.  Some of them will have been disappointed after they were parted from their cash, and I imagine that the same will apply to many who fork out for Harry's book on the basis of the current media hype.

PS.  I'm also a bit of both, and more!