hi @shefcanary I politely suggest you delete your last post ( https://dynamicsofwriting.com/2019/12/10/allegedly-the-word-journalists-should-avoid-at-all-costs-and-three-ways-to-do-it/ )

although that is targeted to journalists it applies to all of us on public forums.

Regarding the thread I would think that MA is quite pleased with the way things are at the moment. If we don't get promoted the value of the club as a whole is very low as it is probably approaching financial distress. If the club does get promoted he is in the driving seat to swoop in a get a premier league club on the cheap.

Interesting few weeks ahead on my new favoriete soap opera Carrow Road.

2 hours ago, Mengo said:

Inspirational people don't just talk about what is important to them; they act upon it. They find a way to overcome every obstacle. These individuals are innovative and forward-thinking. They dedicate their lives to their cause, for the better of everyone, not just themselves.

sorry I'm not impressed  with either of the Webbers. 

I understand you will be gutted to hear those comments.  Sorry if it has spoiled ypur day. 🤣😉🙃

Delighted to know that you are not impressed with either of the Webbers.

Amongst other things the female side of same  must be deemed to have signed off upon this club comment in my case to the Football Ombudsman:

'Even if there is indirect discrimination, the Club's actions were wholly proportionate to the legitimate aim'

This case was primarily taken in support of another family not mine. 

Accordingly perhaps you would like to withdraw your broadside shots in the first and third  paragraphs?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Delighted to know that you are not impressed with either of the Webbers.

Amongst other things the female side of same  must be deemed to have signed off upon this club comment in my case to the Football Ombudsman:

'Even if there is indirect discrimination, the Club's actions were wholly proportionate to the legitimate aim'

This case was primarily taken in support of another family not mine. 

Accordingly perhaps you would like to withdraw your broadside shots in the first and third  paragraphs?

This couple are neither, innovative or forward-thinking, in my opinion. 

For me bonnie and clyde need to move on, so the club can genuinely go forward with a positive outlook. I have no idea what these people bring to the party. I feel  very strongly about the negative feelings that appear in my opinion around the club. It's time for new blood with non egotistical motives. This is Norwich City, not Webbers United.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mengo said:

For me bonnie and clyde need to move on, so the club can genuinely go forward with a positive outlook. I have no idea what these people bring to the party. I feel  very strongly about the negative feelings that appear in my opinion around the club. It's time for new blood with non egotistical motives. This is Norwich City, not Webbers United.

Absolutely. The comment from Zoe that she wouldn't be sat here today and neither would the Club if it wasn't for Parachute Receipts should be completely disowned by Delia and Michael and the consequences followed through accordingly. All the teams below the top 2 and above us have had no Parachute Receipts recently and apart from Sunderland extract far less income from their supporter base. 

I am surprised she has got any time to be sat anywhere. My daughter has 2 young children, her other half in a challenging profession and any mountain climbing they do is metaphorical in nature albeit they are in a privileged position relative to most. If anyone thinks this is a gender point my daughter's best friend operates with the house husband model. Nothing wrong with that either but no time to sit around. As for the video apparently there is sometimes insufficient time for dinner dates whilst there definitely isn't enough time to ensure that supporter issues are subject to the appropriate checks and balances.

As the last question at the AGM, I proposed that the Club should recreate the Supporter Forum's of 20 or so years ago. Tom replied that Delia was in favour. 5 months later at this very important juncture we are still waiting. Why? 

10 hours ago, Mengo said:

I wonder how much is fleeced out the club into their bank accounts weekly? 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I suppose this does at least make a change from the shop-soiled accusation that Delia was somehow - unbeknownst to the expert outside accountants - stealing money from the club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I suppose this does at least make a change from the shop-soiled accusation that Delia was somehow - unbeknownst to the expert outside accountants - stealing money from the club.

I don’t think she’d do such a thing to be fair. Her bar bill would be a beauty each season but that’s about it. 

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There's always got to be someone stealing money from the club. It's not fun for these posters otherwise.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There's always got to be someone stealing money from the club. It's not fun for these posters otherwise.

Morning Hoggy, do you think the Webber's combined wage matches that of any first team player? 

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I blame the Associate Directors past and present for not uncovering these thefts...🤩 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I blame the Associate Directors past and present for not uncovering these thefts...🤩 

And Ben Gibson’s agent. He probably asked for £30k a week and Webber said “let’s shake hands at £40k”

Edited by Midlands Yellow

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The Crouch Report suggests enhanced declarations for Executive Team members to match those of Board members. If that is implemented on the same 'beneficial interest' basis we may find out eventually.

Bearing in mind that Middlesbrough and Sunderland haven't been in the PL for 6 years, Blackburn for 11 years and Coventry for 22 years, if we are dependent on Parachute Payments for existence we may need to find out sooner. Perhaps our self-proclaimed guardians of the Football Club could drive this forward a little sooner as alongside players, it is a budget head that may need to suffer an encounter with an axe sometime pronto.

40 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I see this thread has taken a turn...

It will soon be down to my level.

Once the axe has been wielded. That chair that Zoe uses can go to the pawnbrokers too.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Morning Hoggy, do you think the Webber's combined wage matches that of any first team player? 

I would say it does, yes. If you include bonuses then it’s probably a bit more than many of them. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I would say it does, yes. If you include bonuses then it’s probably a bit more than many of them. 

And the players generally have less security with many of them coming to an end. 

Remember McNally got a bonus in 2014 whilst the players very clearly didn't and were being cut back.

Where are you let’s be having you.

For what’s it’s worth Connor said in the match day blog last night he still believes Attanasio will be purchasing the new shares ahead of next season. Unsure if this is based on any insider knowledge !!

On 19/04/2023 at 10:01, Midlands Yellow said:

Not really wanting to get involved , but if Pukki is on £50k a week , that’s circa 2.6m per year. Would be surprised if the combined Webber salaries are anywhere near that . 

48 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Where are you let’s be having you.

For what’s it’s worth Connor said in the match day blog last night he still believes Attanasio will be purchasing the new shares ahead of next season. Unsure if this is based on any insider knowledge !!

Even if that were true the amount going into the coffers is not a big enough investment to put things right.

On 19/04/2023 at 11:01, nutty nigel said:

I see this thread has taken a turn...

It will soon be down to my level.

It was a very good thread and devoid of nonsense, I understand the frustrations but there are 100 other threads with anti board feelings why bring it onto this one!

I hope that as soon as the season is done we see movement on the investment / takeover front, it would be nice to go into the summer without boardroom issues so we can focus on the football cone July.

• Thanks 2

On 18/04/2023 at 13:52, Mengo said:

INSPIRING CHANGE MAKERS .

She must have said "kind of.." about 100 times!! . Her earlier comment about having a blank canvas for her role says alot about the lack of Board direction and control of where she takes the club

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

Even if that were true the amount going into the coffers is not a big enough investment to put things right.

To know that you would have to know the price Attanasio is going to pay.

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

$1 as the club is going to need the injection of cash..........by all accountants on this forum! We have used all the parachute money, the squad is worth tuppence ha'penny and we are in **** creek! 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Look at his track record with the Brewers, if he's unwilling to spend big there why would he pump in the tens of millions that is needed, where is the return?

5 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Look at his track record with the Brewers, if he's unwilling to spend big there why would he pump in the tens of millions that is needed, where is the return?

His track record with the Brewers over the last 10 years or so on the sporting side has been terrific though. They've consistently outperformed their payroll relative to the rest of the league. He might not sign off cheques which makes him lose boatloads of money but the Brewers are easily one of the smallest teams in baseball yet their payroll is roughly league average. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

The equity gain on the asset. What if America finally does embrace soccer?

Well aren’t they? 

As I said earlier in the thread, it really isn’t about Attanasio buying, it’s about who he sells to next. 

An American corporate investment fund without an exit strategy? 

This is why - whether decent, altruistic, fan or otherwise - the current inherent equity cannot be ignored, passed on freely, or handed on cheaply.

If you really want to make good on the ‘we don’t want a penny’…There is no law against taking and giving it to the CSF for example (I am not suggesting for a second this is an obligation, the gain is Delia and Michael’s)…

…though allowing Attanasio to roll it over to his next sale would be inconceivable. Now that professionals will be involved, the simple ‘heads of agreement’ ideas that Delia-Michael and Mark might well have come to over supper, will not now be withstanding contact with the real world of corporate finance.

The ‘what is it worth?’ Or ‘what is the equity gain?’ Or the ‘yes but you can’t competitively afford it’ chats will no longer be by the fireside…

Parma 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

The Brewers are top of their league! You don't need to spend to win, you need to be smart in who you employ and how to improve.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

I was talking not about any future cash injection but specifically about the amount Attanasio would be putting into the club if he were to buy the nearly 200,000 shares that have been made available. And that depends on the number of those shares he might buy and the price agreed with the club. Neither of which figure is public knowledge.

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I was talking not about any future cash injection but specifically about the amount Attanasio would be putting into the club if he were to buy the nearly 200,000 shares that have been made available. And that depends on the number of those shares he might buy and the price agreed with the club. Neither of which figure is public knowledge.

And were there different prices based on divisional status ? Either way we were pretty my he told it was essentially a done deal and just subject to legal process . Have to assume that remains the case ….