A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

I don’t criticize Southgate for the last 70 min of this game, it was excellent (penalty miss aside) and I don’t criticize Smith for the first 5 min of the Swansea game. But as for the rest of both games two team either mentally underprepared or a shackled by their managers. 

Oh no we didn't dominate a full 90 minutes against one of the best teams in the world?

Seriously the entitlement is off the scale.

If you don't take your chances, you don't deserve to win. If you can't score a penalty to equalise, you deserve to lose. England were better between the boxes than France today, but the clinical finishing that characterised their performances against Iran, Wales, and Senegal left them today.

France were more effective where it mattered.

No doubt some will castigate Southgate when if anything, he's got more right than wrong today.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Just now, king canary said:

England did themselves proud in my view. Went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the world and were a missed penalty away from taking them to extra time. Nothing to be ashamed of here.

Really?! Pogba-less, Benzema-less, lost-to-Tunisia France were there for the taking. We just don't have a manager capable of taking a pulse, never mind the scalp of a half decent team.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Kane bottling it in a major contest? Hmm, rather spursy that

Worse player to ever pull a Norwich shirt on.

Must say I wish Henderson, Sterling, Maguire and Mount were Norwich players.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Same reason Mount came on instead of Maddison. A useless **** of a manager.

These games are very good for flushing out the absolute morons.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Really?! Pogba-less, Benzema-less, lost-to-Tunisia France were there for the taking. We just don't have a manager capable of taking a pulse, never mind the scalp of a half decent team.

Pogba hasn't been an elite player for years.

If we had beat them I'm sure though that you'd be using those injuries to claim that actually they weren't that good of a team and therefore Southgate didn't deserve any credit.

It was entirely predictable that it would be a mistake from Harry Maguire that would see England go out.

They left Giroud unmarked once and Pickford bailed them out. But not a second time.

Unlucky tonight. At 1-1 we were on top and that could have gone either way. Can’t blame Southgate for tonight. A poor penalty has cost us and I’m never a fan of a player taking two penalties in a match.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Am I not allowed to crack at least one joke? It's either laugh or cry and England have already caused enough tears over the years

Try using emojis then.

I am pissed off enough with Dean Smith without this **** as well.

I honestly would have also put someone else on the 2nd penalty, Lloris knows Kane too well, Kane overthought it.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Pogba hasn't been an elite player for years.

If we had beat them I'm sure though that you'd be using those injuries to claim that actually they weren't that good of a team and therefore Southgate didn't deserve any credit.

There seems to be a lot you're sure about that isn't true. But then by your own admission, you have just been "flushed out".

Still laughing at Southgate bringing on Sterling and Mount. So predictable. So clueless. One day England will get a proper manager in. Maybe not in my lifetime. But it will happen. One day.

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't forget taking Saka off just as he had started playing his best and was being a threat

Absolutely unbelievable. 

• Sad 1

I always say that if you get a second penalty it should be taken by some else…..it’s amazing how many times a second penalty in a game is missed by the player taking it again!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

There seems to be a lot you're sure about that isn't true. But then by your own admission, you have just been "flushed out".

Its funny reading the opinions of people who cover football for a living and actually know their stuff agree that England were slightly the better team but didn't take their chances.

But no, CanaryDan in his basement knows better than them, Southgate is in fact useless and knows nothing.

Of course.

• Haha 3

The cliché, which I've used myself, is that in tournaments England lose to the first good team they meet, but I thought they were the better side for long periods in that game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Its funny reading the opinions of people who cover football for a living and actually know their stuff agree that England were slightly the better team but didn't take their chances.

But no, CanaryDan in his basement knows better than them, Southgate is in fact useless and knows nothing.

Of course.

It's funnier reading your posts.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't forget taking Saka off just as he had started playing his best and was being a threat

Saka was clearly limping and knackered.

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

Saka was clearly limping and knackered.

So lets bring on RAHEEM STERLING!! 🤣🤣🤣 Southgate ball.

All the best. Big K.Scott.

More chance of Shamina Begum coming home but..... 

Wait a minute, maybe we can leave her in Qatar?