Sign in to follow this  
How I Wrote Elastic Man

Petition for a General Election

I have signed, but I there has already been a petition that got so many votes it was debated in Parliament. They should have been encouraging people to sign the main one.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I have signed, but I there has already been a petition that got so many votes it was debated in Parliament. They should have been encouraging people to sign the main one.

Thanks 🙂

I guess the other petition is This one?

Currently over 600,000 signatures. Truss became PM with something like 80,000 votes. Election now, please 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Fat load of use this will do. They’re gonna cream what they can out of these next two years. Strap in!

They’ll be gone before then, the noise against them is deafening.

They will try and do what John Major did in the 90s and hang on until the very last minute.

That's January 2025, folks.

The Fixed Term Parliaments act should be reformed too. A 5-year term for a Government is too long, it only used to be 4 years.

I also think we should have a citizen's assembly for an extra layer of ratification on important bills/acts/votes, from the average working man/woman, as opposed to the bureaucractical filibustering from the House Of Lords.

Just heard Lizz read ths and agreed to call one.  Have any of these petions ever worked? Oh right no, they never have. It's a nice thought but with the polls as they are I feel the tories would rather grant scotland it's indipendence rather than call a GE..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

10 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

They’ll be gone before then, the noise against them is deafening.

Nah they won’t. Sunak or Hunt (or similar) will come in and bleed the country even drier until 2024.

Well they're not going to win regardless of when it is. They'll make full use of the Ministerial limo's for the next couple of years and make sure Labour inherits an an absolute car crash of an economy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just heard Lizz read ths and agreed to call one.  Have any of these petions ever worked? Oh right no, they never have. It's a nice thought but with the polls as they are I feel the tories would rather grant scotland it's indipendence rather than call a GE..

That is true but on the other hand, Lizzie said "I'm a fighter not a quitter" just yesterday at PMQs.

All signed.

And an election will give many the opportunity to earn some money as Poll Clerks etc.

14 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

They will try and do what John Major did in the 90s and hang on until the very last minute.

That's January 2025, folks.

Spot on

I certainly don't believe that there will be a GE, even though I think the people deserve one

The conservatives have usually been pretty good at rallying behind their leader, up until recent times anyway 

God knows who can unite them for the next 2 years

9 hours ago, TheRock said:

The Fixed Term Parliaments act should be reformed too. A 5-year term for a Government is too long, it only used to be 4 years.

I thought it had been quietly repealed earlier this year - not that it makes much difference when you have a party with a 70+ majority who are completely divided over every aspect of government other than clinging to power for as long as possible.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Nah they won’t. Sunak or Hunt (or similar) will come in and bleed the country even drier until 2024.

Have faith, they’ll go and who knows?, on the other hand Sunak might be alright, seeing that he predicted all these things during the leadership contest that would happen if Truss got in, and later they did.

29 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Have faith, they’ll go and who knows?, on the other hand Sunak might be alright, seeing that he predicted all these things during the leadership contest that would happen if Truss got in, and later they did.

Looks like it’s even worse than I forecast. We’re getting Boris back aren’t we?

Can’t wait for Keir Starmer and Corbyns bit on the side Abbot to run the country 

6 hours ago, daly said:

Can’t wait for Keir Starmer and Corbyns bit on the side Abbot to run the country 

What part of the current government's work do you like most?

Abbott isn't anywhere near Labour's front bench btw.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Very true, although even if she were it would still be a huge improvement over the absolute shower of sh!t that have been running the country for the last three (or perhaps more accurately twelve) years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

What part of the current government's work do you like most?

His Dad told him Abbot was Leader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

His Dad told him Abbot was Leader.

Very funny

My Dad died 50 years ago

Obviously the Tory party have screwed up big time and it’s inevitable that in the next two years that a Labour Party will come into power

On 21/10/2022 at 11:54, daly said:

Very funny

My Dad died 50 years ago

Obviously the Tory party have screwed up big time and it’s inevitable that in the next two years that a Labour Party will come into power

Without Diane Abbott.

Mine died 52 years ago.