Personally I'm looking forward to a week-long break from the forum as its going to be full of the doom patrol jerking each other off over the season now being over. At least we won't get promoted now, phew.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Brilliant, watching, hogster, mr Pickle and chicken little, come up with excuses!! 

sit back and enjoy everyone!!!😂😂

Chickens stats will be fantastic.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Excuses for what?

We lost a game of football.  No one died as far as I know.  You ought to get over it.  And yourself.

Oh but I assumed you would have some Farke Stat or tell me how well Dean did after losing against someone and battled back to finish 9th!!! You disappoint me!😂

1 minute ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Oh but I assumed you would have some Farke Stat or tell me how well Dean did after losing against someone and battled back to finish 9th!!! You disappoint me!😂

I think you disappoint yourself more.

2 hours ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Brilliant, watching, hogster, mr Pickle and chicken little, come up with excuses!! 

sit back and enjoy everyone!!!😂😂

Is it possible that rather be 100% someone, some of us just aren't 100% against them either?

I tend to just be averse to 100% BS that is demonstrably false. I just like a well balanced, supported point of view... some suggest that could be old fashioned these days.

Still if you like to band people in groups together, where would you put yourself? With Big Vince? Buh? Or perhaps more reasoned posters like Ricardo? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

Preston doubled there expected xg, hogesar will be so excited. 

Got back to my car and caught the end of the last caller on Canary  Call and he was rambling on about xg so no prizes for guessing who it was.

• Like 1

I feel the xg haters just don’t listen to the repeated point that it is a tool to help contextualise performances not predict how they’re going to go. Like all models, there are exceptions. How many times has the xg been ‘right’ rather than ‘wrong’? There are always going to be the ones that don’t understand modern stats and their uses waiting for them to be ‘wrong’ so they can laugh at how silly all this modern stuff is. Bet they use more than the magic f***ing sponge on their sherry and woodbine induced hangover though. 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Got back to my car and caught the end of the last caller on Canary  Call and he was rambling on about xg so no prizes for guessing who it was.

Who? 

2 hours ago, chicken said:

Is it possible that rather be 100% someone, some of us just aren't 100% against them either?

I tend to just be averse to 100% BS that is demonstrably false. I just like a well balanced, supported point of view... some suggest that could be old fashioned these days.

Still if you like to band people in groups together, where would you put yourself? With Big Vince? Buh? Or perhaps more reasoned posters like Ricardo? 

How dare you - I’m going to call uncle Dean and tell him you’re letting the side down!!

It is pretty ridiculous isn’t it….

Credit to Preston, no excuses needed they played to their game plan and executed it superbly, they had a lot of good chances, passed the ball well and stood up to the pressure, the time wasting was poor but to be expected. Shame we couldn’t up the tempo and kill the game off in the first fifteen minutes.

They we’re far better than I expected them to be.

Edited by Indy

This is a new level of pathetic but I appreciate the name drop.

So if we're going on a result basis I've been right for the past 9 fixtures and you've been right for 1?

Poor show even by your awful standards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

I feel the xg haters just don’t listen to the repeated point that it is a tool to help contextualise performances not predict how they’re going to go. Like all models, there are exceptions. How many times has the xg been ‘right’ rather than ‘wrong’? There are always going to be the ones that don’t understand modern stats and their uses waiting for them to be ‘wrong’ so they can laugh at how silly all this modern stuff is. Bet they use more than the magic f***ing sponge on their sherry and woodbine induced hangover though. 

There's a lot of old, poorly informed men on here taking the pee out of xG with absolutely no understanding about what it is and what it tries to do. It's probably why those who adopted and bothered to understand it in its infancy made so much money out of it because the rest of the football betting market spent their time betting money on what they 'felt'.

No stats on their own will ever tell a full story but no one said they did.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who? 

Alright then another clue....if he was made of chocolate he would eat himself.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Alright then another clue....if he was made of chocolate he would eat himself.

Did he used to be a Copper? 😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did he used to be a Copper? 😇

Mate I'm more concerned I might need to go to the police; there's some really old man that's obsessed with me beyond all rationality. The only thing reassuring me of my safety is I know I can outrun the old codger 😅

• Haha 1

I have been on this forum for a long time but I still don't understand how some "fans" can get more thrills out of us losing than winning. Feckin weirdos.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

I have been on this forum for a long time but I still don't understand how some "fans" can get more thrills out of us losing than winning. Feckin weirdos.

Who exactly is getting thrills out of seeing us lose ? Those wsho do not subscribe to the football we are watching are ' Feckin weirdos ' ,yeah whatever you say.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

It's not so much that they take great delight in us losing Hermano, most of them seem to take great delight in having something, anything to moan about....and losing is a no brainer ' I told you so free pass '  for them. It's one  of many opportunities to whine, biatch and moan . 

They probably think they could so their bosses job better than they do/ did it. 

Dogs 

In 

The 

Manger. 

Snakes 

In 

The 

Grass.

Waiting 

For 

A Victim 

To pass.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

a tool to help contextualise performances

And there I was thinking it was a stat invented by a bloke at Opta on which the betting companies could make even more money from sad losers.