chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Birmingham (L/a) *****

May be an image of 2 people and text
image.png.e89a257e174ae85cd0cfb57f29e9e974.png
image.png.5848e58fa3a0b09eac89ccc5342b1ffc.png

For those Canaries attending the game, BCFC have a guide on how to get to the ground if you need a bit of extra knowledge for that, you can find that here.

Videos:
Not any relevant this week due to little turn around time (I guess), so here's 'the city view' from the game Vs Sunderland and the highlights of the cup match earlier in the season.

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual presser coverage article here.
Canaries.co.uk don't seem to have one up yet, if I get a chance I will update this part of the post.
Birmingham City have their pre match piece on their website here. (worth a cheeky look just to see how they spell Max Aarons).

Ins, out's, shake em all abouts:
Norwich: Well, I suppose we were only permitted one game of good news on the injury front. Giannoulis(ankle ligament), McCallum(foot) and Sorensen(foot) have now been joined by Gibbs on the side-lines. His injury is not as bad as first suspected, though he will be out injured for a period of time. Byram did come on so is clearly much closer to match fitness and is joined by Sara who is now said to be ready to contend for a starting position. Pukki is also back and in contention after being one of a triple substitution that swung the game in our favour on Saturday lunchtime at Sunderland. Hayden is also said to be progressing well and soon to be in contention for first team appearances. Hernandez could face the team he was on loan to last season for the 2nd time in a month should he make an appearance in this evening.
Birmingham: Placheta is unavailable due to being on loan, Jutkiewicz returns after suspension, Gardner and Bielik were on the bench for their last game having stepped up their return from injury. Former Canary, Ruddy, is likely to start in goal. 

A little bit of knowledge:
Having only done one a little while ago for them I thought I would do a general one on Birmingham as a city instead.

As well as being the home of Birmingham City FC, the City has also been the starting point for several famous brands such as Birds Custard, Cadbury Chocolate, Bournville Drinking Chocolate, HP Sauce and Typhoo tea.

Many of us will be more than happy with the Forum as our central library but how many people know that Birmingham is home to Europe's largest public library? 
Library of Birmingham: Europe's largest public library is set to open in a  matter of days | Daily Mail Online

It would also appear that Brum loves it's food. Not only can it lay claim to being the birthplace of the Balti and have over 100 Balti houses, it is also home to the most Michelin star restaurants in the UK outside of London. If you are traveling away this evening and trying some of the local cuisine you might have to share whether it lives up to that reputation! 

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation:
1894994452_presentation400022.thumb.jpg.eff29e3ad9d152c392b18b2ca9e81c3c.jpg
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, chicken said:

A little bit of knowledge:
Having only done one a little while ago for them I thought I would do a general one on Birmingham as a city instead

Disappointed not to see "more miles of canals than Venice" in this round-up.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Team ?

Hour before KO usually so give it 10

Edited by SwearyCanary
Typo

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Hope Byram can cope, Pukki still benched

That's what happens when your replacement scores 4 in 3. Good problem to have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Hope Byram can cope, Pukki still benched

Yup. Happy with team. Big call on Byram. Strong bench.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

That's what happens when your replacement scores 4 in 3. Good problem to have. 

I'm rather hoping it will be 5+ in 4 after tonight ! All about confidence.

3 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

No Pups thread for midweek games that I can see @chicken

@nutty nigel will correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they done in weeks rather than individual games? If not I apologise and will leave them out of midweek fixtures. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Would've preferred Cantwell over either Sinani or Dowell.

4-3-3 with Sinani and Dowell on the wing, or a 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey on the left?

433 with Ramsey on the left and Dowell and Nunez either side of McClean I assume.

Disappointed to see McLean back in centre mid. I guess Gibbs might’ve kept him out but what’s going on with Sara?Surely he must be fit enough now, paid decent money and Birmingham is the kind of game I’d like to see him being tested. 

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 2

Just now, rock bus said:

Disappointed to see McLean back in centre mid. I guess Gibbs might’ve kept him out but what’s going on with Sarr? Surely he must be fit enough now, paid decent money and Birmingham is the kind of game I’d like to see him being tested. 

he will come on somewhere in second half without doubt

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Would've preferred Cantwell over either Sinani or Dowell.

4-3-3 with Sinani and Dowell on the wing, or a 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey on the left?

Or Ramsey as the central of the three in a 4-2-3-1 ?  Doesn't he usually play more centrally as a kind of running as opposed to passing #10 ?  Genuine question as I didn't think he was a winger or inside forward type.

Cantwell, Onel, and Pukki to come on in the second half is something to look forward to (less so for Birmingham defenders).

1 minute ago, Barham Blitz said:

Or Ramsey as the central of the three in a 4-2-3-1 ?  Doesn't he usually play more centrally as a kind of running as opposed to passing #10 ?  Genuine question as I didn't think he was a winger or inside forward type.

Came on for Onel on the left in a straight swap on Saturday, didn't he?

I'm sure it will be 4-3-3 as @Monty13suggested. Same formation as Sunderland, but with Byram, McLean and Ramsey replacing McLean, Gibbs and Hernandez. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

@nutty nigel will correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they done in weeks rather than individual games? If not I apologise and will leave them out of midweek fixtures. 

The thread goes up on a Wednesday for the weekend games. Results in tables updated on a Monday but this week there's an interest in tonight's game so it will go the full 7 days. 

Your threads are awesome btw👍👍

• Like 1

Just now, Bovril said:

Cantwell, Onel, and Pukki to come on in the second half is something to look forward to (less so for Birmingham defenders).

Sara and Idah there, too: it is a ridiculous bench for the second tier. That five subs rule is going to benefit us so much this season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

And that's a fourth possibility.

So, total football it is.