cambridgeshire canary

Rashica v Sinani

Rashica vs Sinani  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer we play?

• Rashica
    • Sinani

4 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Rashica was pretty **** when he came on last night.

I think that is more a consequence of the 5 changes, which seem to turn all games into pre season friendlies.

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, I don’t think anyone has suggested some kind of “have you ever seen them in the same room?” thing. 😉

Well, have they ever been on the pitch at the same time this season? 👀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sinani for now, on current form. 

Long term, I still think Rashica is, or will prove to be, the superior player.

I think this all goes to illustrate the strength of our squad (defensive injury crisis notwithstanding).

Before the season started, if someone had suggested starting Sargent up front ahead of Pukki, I think they'd have got a pretty frosty reception... and, on paper, the same for Sinani over Rashica.

Assuming we stick with a back four, that's six midfield/forward roles up for grabs, and I make it no fewer than 18 players currently in competition for them (that's three per position!): Hayden, Gibbs, McLean, Sorensen, Sara, Nunez, Rashica, Dowell, Cantwell, Sinani, Hernandez, Ramsey, Springett, Rowe, Sargent, Pukki, Hugill, Idah.

Form, fitness and attitude will no doubt fluctuate over the course of what is a very long season. Right now Sinani is clearly ahead of Rashica, but it's brilliant that we have so much flexibility in the squad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Imagine the suggestion after Rashica signed that just over 12 months later they'd be a poll where he is outvoted 42 votes to 1 in favour of Sinani. A single vote for him, it was probably his mum!

Sadly you could make similar polls about most of our signings last summer 😄 

E.g. Rowe over Tzolis, Gibson over Kabak, most inanimate objects over Gilmour 

Hugill over Sargent? Jury is out on this one..

55 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Rashica was pretty **** when he came on last night.

Couple of poor things, but lovely little back heel to Gibbs in the box for the late chance which ended up running all the way across the face of their goal. 

• Like 2

It's quite an easy question to answer. The question is, do you want to play for Norwich City in the Championship?

I'll always go for desire over unfulfilled talent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think this all goes to illustrate the strength of our squad (defensive injury crisis notwithstanding).

Before the season started, if someone had suggested starting Sargent up front ahead of Pukki, I think they'd have got a pretty frosty reception... and, on paper, the same for Sinani over Rashica.

Assuming we stick with a back four, that's six midfield/forward roles up for grabs, and I make it no fewer than 18 players currently in competition for them (that's three per position!): Hayden, Gibbs, McLean, Sorensen, Sara, Nunez, Rashica, Dowell, Cantwell, Sinani, Hernandez, Ramsey, Springett, Rowe, Sargent, Pukki, Hugill, Idah.

Form, fitness and attitude will no doubt fluctuate over the course of what is a very long season. Right now Sinani is clearly ahead of Rashica, but it's brilliant that we have so much flexibility in the squad.

Keeping those 18 players happy and avoiding the younger players stagnating will prove very difficult, or probably impossible barring a lengthy injury crisis.

Surely three or four those will be culled before the end of the window. Loans for Springett and Rowe are the obvious choices, then one of Idah (loan) or Hugill (permanent/loan), or even both if we can find an upgrade. Maybe we could cash in on Rashica to fund the striker upgrade and/or defensive reinforcements.

Either way, it's an incredibly deep squad. 

So far Rashica has played 3 games or so this season, and hasn't really offered much.

Sinani has had 2 starts, and 2 goals, plus an assist. Watching last nights highlights, what I like about SInani is he's hungry and got good technique and vision. Well taken goal, but great ball in for Sargent's goal. Also his volley was superb, but there were a couple of quality incisive throughballs.

On form it's Sinani. Seems to link up well with Sargent, and I feel he'd linked up well with Pukki. Also shows a lot of energy, good final ball and knows where the goal is. Rash had all last year, and some games this year, and hasn't really shown a great deal. Sinani on the other hand looks up for it this season, and hsowing some real quality. Could be another gem like Nunez, and Gibbs

I know Hudds fans say he blows hot and cold, but have we ever really seen Rash blow hot?

• Like 2

In addition to being more of a threat going forward, Sinani also works harder out of possession.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sinani for now.

But Huddersfield fans seem to have concluded that he blows hot and cold, and is truly dreadful when cold, so I'll assume we are seeing him when he's "hot" and I'll await "cold" with bated breath.

For me though Rashica and Pukki out, and McLean out of centre midfield, and Sargent, Sinani and Gibbs in their place resulted in us having a lot more PASSION and DESIRE and if Rashica and Pukki can't get up for it, then I'd prefer we got what we could for them and reinvested in a new striker.

Different type of player though.  Rashica was bought for the [theoretically] fast-countering 4-3-3 in the Premiership where we wouldn't have much of the ball.  Sinani is much more suited to games where we have a lot of possession against a deeper lying defence - a sort of Buendia-lite - which he wouldn't have seen for them as much last season.  Ironically Rashica would probably have looked better for Huddersfield last night than us - I imagine the sort of goal that the young lad scored for them is what Webber envisaged Rashica doing for us last year ...

But at the moment, no contest - Sinani all the way.

• Like 4

A fully committed Rashica pisses all over sinani 

but I just don’t believe Milot wants to be here 

Edited by Yobocop

27 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Maybe you are right, but that is based on nothing we’ve seen on a Norwich shirt.  Rashica was poor 95% of last season, and has been poor this so far - though to be fair it is early doors.  He just doesn’t seem have enough pace, nor trickery, and I wonder if he is suited to the English game. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

I’m expecting Rashica to do great for us this season but he’s yet to impress me, although it’s still very early on. I was really pleased with how well Sinani did out on loan last season and thought that he should do quite well this season, although for the first 3 games Rashica was my first choice.

All Rashica has really done so far this season is assist Aarons’ equaliser against Wigan. Sinani made his first start for us in the cup last week scoring the first goal and assisting the second, and I think deserved to replace Rashica in the starting XI last night. He soon proved it as well, crossing the ball in for Sargent’s header before firing it home himself 10 mins later. Although things may change, as it stands Sinani is ahead of Rashica in my starting XI

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Who would you rather see us play on the wing and why?

Sinani 100%

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

He's looked like that every week though since he signed 😂

20 hours ago, AJ said:

Huckerby didn't have a problem and was often doubled, sometimes tripled up when it came to marking him out the game, but his class always shone through. Never, ever seen that from Rashica and as a result never thought he would do well this season either. Sinani is streets ahead at the moment. I've no doubt Rashica has some ability, and we've seen glimpses but he really needs to adjust the way he plays if he's going to succeed in England.

That's a very good point; I used to love watching Hucks draw two defenders in & then bisect them with neat acceleration & leave both behind. It was his trademark move to get into advanced space. Rachica appears to possess similar raw potential, but little desire to produce. Perhaps Dean Smith should send Rashica for a beer & a chat with Eadie & Hucks - followed by some personal coaching to learn how to do it...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

That's a very good point; I used to love watching Hucks draw two defenders in & then bisect them with neat acceleration & leave both behind. It was his trademark move to get into advanced space. Rachica appears to possess similar raw potential, but little desire to produce. Perhaps Dean Smith should send Rashica for a beer & a chat with Eadie & Hucks - followed by some personal coaching to learn how to do it...

Any space for Onel at the wingers brunch? 🥓

21 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

They are completely different players, Sinani seems to suit our current system better than Rashica.

Exactly this in my opinion. No doubt that Sinani's in much better form at the moment, but Rashica suffers from the fact that Pukki's our main man. Sinani's style of play with fewer touches makes him far better suited to feed Pukki with throughballs, or hitting very early crosses in.

Rashica needs to get to the byeline then cross. That doesn't suit Pukki at all.

On form sinani starts. But.......I reckon rashica will do great things for us. But not as a traditional winger. I still think rashica could play the 'pukki style' role in a 433. I think higher up and central could/may suit his play better 

On 18/08/2022 at 00:01, AJ said:

He's looked like that every week though since he signed 😂

Without the benefit of seeing sinani play for us in the premier league it’s a difficult one to judge