rock bus

Dean Smith just isn’t right for our club

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Managers don't buy players at our football club, Farke was a head coach and so is Dean Smith.

ps. Isn't this precisely what Farke did here? Cheap players and kids, made them work hard, motivated and improved them?

I get what you saying my opinion was the same as a professional I the game not saying we are right just our thoughts , Farke had a big say that’s why the Germans came ! Also farke was youth coach at a massive club 

12 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Big Andy O is having a poor game and so is Maclean who doesn’t suit DMC

McLean has had a poor few seasons 

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Managers don't buy players at our football club, Farke was a head coach and so is Dean Smith.

ps. Isn't this precisely what Farke did here? Cheap players and kids, made them work hard, motivated and improved them?

Webber out, followed by Dean Smith

• Like 1

I've seen nothing from Smith to suggest he can raise the level of our players. Farke was incredible at it. How is Smith a step forwards whatsoever? We wasted so much money sacking Farke for effectively no reason. We've gone backwards

Edited by AJ
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

100% work hard, motivated and show some passion.... currently there Is none. When we counter, you see our fullbacks or wingers jogging until their defence and midfield regroups!?? 

Edited by Ash.m87

He's failed already. You can't come back from this. I've been waiting but today I'm now wanting Smith out the club this is dreadful

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

I've seen nothing from Smith to suggest he can raise the level of our players. Farke was invisible at it. How is Smith a step forwards whatsoever? We wasted so much money sacking Farke for effectively no reason. We've gone backwards

Exactly how I feel

• Like 1

Get this knee-jerk fraud of a managerial appointment out of the club. 

He doesn't fit at NCFC and never has. Could see it from his first few weeks here. 

This has to be the end , this continuation from last season can’t go on 

3 minutes ago, Ash.m87 said:

100% work hard, motivated and show some passion.... currently there Is none. When we counter, you see our wingbacks or wingers jogging until their defence and midfield regroups!?? 

Totally agree but that should be minimum that’s expected 

I don’t think the players respect smith 

if they respect the manager like farke lambert they are motivated to play and want to be part of the team and give everything 

As a coach you don’t have to tell pukki how to score he knows more about goal scoring than most managers / coaches 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I was talking to someone high up in the game last night and I am a personal old friend of Paul he said it would be a bad idea 

I don’t think he would do well here either

no experience of buying better players etc 

his main strength is buying very cheap players and making them work and motivated he will do well at a smaller club 

but not a club this size 

We wouldn’t have employed Alex Neil if we followed your thinking, I’ve seen people mention Mark Robins as a potential future manager, but he hasn’t ever had a big playing budget either. Thomas Frank was Dean Smiths assistant at Brentford, but before they got promoted to the Premier League they didn’t have a big playing budget. It’s a gamble whoever you employ as a manager, bigger teams than us have made mistakes employing certain managers, I just think it’s a bit short sighted, if you don’t employ a manager because they’ve never had millions to spend on player’s.

3 minutes ago, Top corner said:

We wouldn’t have employed Alex Neil if we followed your thinking, I’ve seen people mention Mark Robins as a potential future manager, but he hasn’t ever had a big playing budget either. Thomas Frank was Dean Smiths assistant at Brentford, but before they got promoted to the Premier League they didn’t have a big playing budget. It’s a gamble whoever you employ as a manager, bigger teams than us have made mistakes employing certain managers, I just think it’s a bit short sighted, if you don’t employ a manager because they’ve never had millions to spend on player’s.

True about money but franks was a international youth coach 

Alex Neil was very good I admit no good when we had money but I admit he was good in champs 

I think a foreign coach is the best route 

fresh ideas fresh style 

smith reminds me of English old school and no blueprint of style 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

True about money but franks was a international youth coach 

Alex Neil was very good I admit no good when we had money but I admit he was good in champs 

I think a foreign coach is the best route 

fresh ideas fresh style 

smith reminds me of English old school and no blueprint of style 

I agree with you, Smith does remind me of an old school manager, maybe the foreign route is the way to go. I guess time will tell. 

Just now, Top corner said:

I agree with you, Smith does remind me of an old school manager, maybe the foreign route is the way to go. I guess time will tell. 

Just feel all the hundreds of managers coaches in world football and people say warne because he is a fan of club robins and Martin as ex players 

Let’s look world wide italian youth coach a good coach at a German club etc 

I am sure someone with a good blueprint / beliefs out there like farke was when he came in 

He's got to go.

I was against Farke going on the basis that I didn't see any evidence that it was his fault that Webber wasted the biggest transfer budget in our history. I actually, and clearly wrongly, thought that we could be stronger by using the Emi money across the squad.

I didn't think Smith was right then, as a knee jerk reaction by a man desperate to salvage his reputation, and I've seen nothing since to change my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Just feel all the hundreds of managers coaches in world football and people say warne because he is a fan of club robins and Martin as ex players 

Let’s look world wide italian youth coach a good coach at a German club etc 

I am sure someone with a good blueprint / beliefs out there like farke was when he came in 

I wasn’t going by the fact that he’s a Norwich fan, I just like his attacking style of football. 

When I started this post I meant it but really hoped I’d end up with egg on my face.

If smith isn’t gone by end of tonight then we are just a joke of a club

1 minute ago, Top corner said:

I wasn’t going by the fact that he’s a Norwich fan, I just like his attacking style of football. 

Not that it means anything but he comes across exceptionally well on that Moment of Truth podcast.

12 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Kjetil Knutsen.

Should have been the man we approached last season when we sacked Farke. I just wonder if he was the preferred option when Webber sacked Farke but when Smith became available he was seen as the safe appointment 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 2