chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Birmingham (LC) *****

May be an illustration of 1 person and text that says "NORWICH CITYv BIRMINGHAM CITY TUESDAY AUGUST 9. 7.45PM CARROW ROAD LOTUS 7 U Carabao LOTUS Joma фC AE ILLUMINAZIONE"May be an image of text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Helsinki 21:45 Toronto 14:45 Norwich 19:45 NORWICH CITY BIRMINGH HAM CITY Berlin 20:45 Tampa Bay 14:45 Los Angeles 11:45 Beijing 02:45 Skopje 20:45 Abu Dhabi 22:45 Rio De Janeiro 15:45 Seoul 03:45 Hong Kong 02:45 Bangkok 01:45 Nairobi 21:45 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 15:45 Sydney 04:45"

Videos:

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual presser coverage article here.
Canaries.co.uk have the clubs official build up piece here.
Birmingham City have their own pre match piece here.
The BBC, once more, couldn't care less about non EPL teams in terms of pre match pieces it would seem.

Ins, outs, shake em all abouts:
Norwich: Giannoulis out for minimum 9 weeks due to ankle ligament damage, Aarons came through fine, Byram still not ready to come into contention, Idah is a "maybe",  Hanley returns from suspension and Smith has said Sara will start. Ramsey is also available for this fixture having arrived on Friday last week. Will Smith look to get some momentum going or will he switch it up for the cup?
Birmingham City: Placheta is ineligible, Gardner, Bielik, Gordon all working their way back from injury. Another familiar face will be Ruddy, should he start in goal for this one.

A little bit of knowledge:
Birmingham City FC were formed in 1875 by cricketers based at the Holy Trinity Church near to their home ground. They started out as being called Small Heath Alliance and the motivation was to find something to fill their time in the winter months. In 1888 they dropped the 'Alliance' from their name, before in 1905, changing completely to Birmingham Football Club. It wasn't until 1943 that the 'city' was added to their name.

They were the first English team in a European final in 1960 where they were out classed by one FC Barcelona with goals from Zoltan Czibor - I know, many of you read the first bit and though Ibrahimovic can't be that old!!! Two years later they repeated the feat but were beaten by AS Roma (who had Fabio Cudicini in goal, father of Carlo). 

We have the claim to the first £5m player in Chris Sutton, I'm sure that some of you will know that Birmingham have the claim to the first £1m player, or should that be £1.15m player in Trevor Francis. Many would be forgiven in thinking that it would have been more recent than 1979. 

Edited by chicken
  • Thanks 3

On the bus to the Carrow again. Hoping for a hatful of goals before I have to head back home to the north. Looking forward to seeing Sara play.

It's been a while since I saw City win in the flesh. Come on boys...win one for the Disco.

OTBC

• Like 2

Giving this one a miss as two home games next week. No dodgy streams available either, so will have to resort to Radio Snorfolk 😕

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Giving this one a miss as two home games next week. No dodgy streams available either, so will have to resort to Radio Snorfolk 😕

you sure?

That's the team I would have chosen. That's worrying! Good to see Ramsey's paperwork all sorted. Surprised Gibson not involved at all. Would have thought he needed a few more minutes for match sharpness. 

Edited by makham
  • Like 1

Don't think we are trying to win this game. Birmingham have put out a team closer to thier first team. Hope we win!

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't find one from my usual providers, you?

If you find one share the wealth 😅

Have to admit, I'd have given Gibson this game to get more match fitness in. (Unless of course he has a knock and that's why he's out completely) 

• Like 1

Might be a frustrating night for Dowell if he starts pinging balls to feet to Hugill.  Many wanted Hugill on Saturday, let's see how he does tonight.

13 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Love the lineup! I hope we smash 'em.

Looks like only audio today?? Shame that. It's 2022 ... the world is awash in technology ... why can't this be worked out?

And now Twitters gone down so you cant even check for updates on that😂

Just now, kinggoblin said:

I think this is the night that Gibbs can cement a place in the team

Jesus wept what is it with you people....

New player from U23, once played a whole 45 min for Wroxham reserves on loan... fans get a whiff of him when watching a training session at the Costa Del Colney

"Look at that bor, putem in tha first team, bor can kicka ball"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

New player from U23, once played a whole 45 min for Wroxham reserves on loan... fans get a whiff of him when watching a training session at the Costa Del Colney

"We have brought in Sara and Hayden to be first choice midfielders but hey, if Gibbs does ok against Birmingham B team in a pointless cup match he can become first choice!"😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"We have brought in Sara and Hayden to be first choice midfielders but hey, if Gibbs does ok against Birmingham B team in a pointless cup match he can become first choice!"😂

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Shall we just wait and see, and when Hayden can get fit then maybe we can judge

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hayden isn't going to be available for a few weeks yet so there's no harm Gibbs getting minutes to challenge Lungi for the DM role. 

22 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Love the lineup! I hope we smash 'em.

Looks like only audio today?? Shame that. It's 2022 ... the world is awash in technology ... why can't this be worked out?

Wait do you have the international video package? Why on Earth would this game be audio only for you if you do