Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Dean Smith should be sacked To-NIGHT!

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Just imagine you turn up to first day of training. Your an elite athlete. You’ve trained yourself to the physical peak.

heres your coach. Craig Shakespeare. The human Mr Potato head.

doesn’t fit for me

Shakespeare's 60 next year. He's there for his experience and insight, not to show the players how many sit ups he can do. 

Under Smith we'll be last season's WBA and finish about 10th

Post match press conferences full of excuses and hard luck stories will become the norm

I'm afraid that first half team selection yesterday is a sign of things to come , playing a holding midfielder and no no.10 at home to Wigan

Everyday is another day of being headed down the wrong path while Smith is here,  he didnt really want to be here, it was a situation where we were thrown together over conveniece and circumstance.

Get rid and replace whilst we're only a couple of games in and someone else can take this over

See the change at Forest when Cooper took over from that dullard Hughton?

..its exactly whats needed here

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 3

Look at Man Utd how many managers  have they= so its always a difficult call whether to change a manager- I personally don't believe Smith is the one for us and I would like to see someone like Paul Warne in charge not like hes done wonders but he attitude and  work commitment etc I like

No fan of Smith particularly, but as he is our manager I'll back him for as long as I am seeing improvement... Which is not a big ask. If he can't get this lot playing well in this league by Christmas, then toodle pip Deano and please wash your mug and leave it in the kitchen for the next fella.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Shakespeare's 60 next year. He's there for his experience and insight, not to show the players how many sit ups he can do. 

He’s doing a really good job 👍 

The “biggest mug - give him time leaderboard”

1) give him all season regardless of what happens (who are these weirdos)

2) “until Christmas” because they don’t realise about the winter break and this is what they think they should say 😂

3) 10 games to gel

4) end of the week

5) birmingham

6) yesterday

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I normally concur with most of what you post Birdieo but, Being nearly 60 isn't an excuse for being out of shape, only some form of illness is. Otherwise it's lazyness and bad diet. It's not rocket science. I'm 60 and pretty much in the same shape I was at 30 . 

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I normally concur with most of what you post Birdieo but, Being nearly 60 isn't an excuse for being out of shape, only some form of illness is. Otherwise it's lazyness and bad diet. It's not rocket science. I'm 60 and pretty much in the same shape I was at 30 . 

I tell people that as well Corkie and they say - So you were a fat unfit basta**d then as well 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

I tell people that as well Corkie and they say - So you were a fat unfit basta**d then as well 

😂... I did wonder if that might be someone's response. Then I thought nah, no one could be so cruel 😇

• Like 1

Honestly, a much better performance on Saturday and we've really still yet to see Hayden, Nunez, Sara and Ramsey integrated. Let's also not forget Idah who showed an interesting dynamic with Pukki last season briefly. Saturday gave me hope that there are signs of life under Smith. You look at our squad and it's insane for a 2nd tier team. We know there are more gears to slip through. It's only a matter of time now before we start beating teams.

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Honestly, a much better performance on Saturday and we've really still yet to see Hayden, Nunez, Sara and Ramsey integrated. Let's also not forget Idah who showed an interesting dynamic with Pukki last season briefly. Saturday gave me hope that there are signs of life under Smith. You look at our squad and it's insane for a 2nd tier team. We know there are more gears to slip through. It's only a matter of time now before we start beating teams.

Much of what you say about the squad is true. But the logical conclusion of that is if we don't start beating teams soon, there's a serious problem and it's not the squad.

2 hours ago, Sheva said:

Meanwhile it looks like Daniel Farke has moved on to something good.

Jeez, that is just like as someone posted in reply.... seeing your ex move on a year later and find a dazzling looking partner with really amazing prospects😢

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Jeez, that is just like as someone posted in reply.... seeing your ex move on a year later and find a dazzling looking partner with really amazing prospects😢

Apparently that raucous BM stand is their equivalent to our City Stand..... 

19 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Indeed, but his experience and insight is having the same impact as his ability to do a single sit up at the moment! 🤪😉

5 hours ago, Sheva said:

I’m really pleased for Farke, bigger club and back in Germany, hope he does really well. Great response by the fans, if only Smith could get Carrow Road rocking like that!

19 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Under Smith we'll be last season's WBA and finish about 10th

Post match press conferences full of excuses and hard luck stories will become the norm

I'm afraid that first half team selection yesterday is a sign of things to come , playing a holding midfielder and no no.10 at home to Wigan

We played Sorensen as a single DM pivot with both McLean and Sara given license to get forward. If you think that was a defensive setup you're horribly wrong and was probably why we had 70% odd possession and spent majority of the game in their half. Formations by themselves don't dictate if we are set up offensively or defensively 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheva said:

I really wish our fans were more like that, maybe it's because I'm Northern and not an East Anglian native but I do find the lack of passion at CR frustrating. 

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We played Sorensen as a single DM pivot with both McLean and Sara given license to get forward. If you think that was a defensive setup you're horribly wrong and was probably why we had 70% odd possession and spent majority of the game in their half. Formations by themselves don't dictate if we are set up offensively or defensively 

Well for a start in was Nunez not Sara ..and neither were forward enough to link with Pukki

It was only in the second half when Sorenson was sacrificed and Cantwell moved into the no.10 role and Hernandez wide did we start to get players high enough up the pitch.

We didnt need Sorenson playing in that role at home to Wigan. We needed McLean/Nunez playing where they were (and whete they did in the second half) , with someone in front of them, not behind

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I’m really pleased for Farke, bigger club and back in Germany, hope he does really well. Great response by the fans, if only Smith could get Carrow Road rocking like that!

That's what we're missing isn't it. Smith lacks that engagement but to be fair a lot of managers are like that.

Hopefully the players will do the engagement for him. A vast improvement Saturday and heading in the right direction but you feel his next league match cannot be a defeat.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That's what we're missing isn't it. Smith lacks that engagement but to be fair a lot of managers are like that.

Hopefully the players will do the engagement for him. A vast improvement Saturday and heading in the right direction but you feel his next league match cannot be a defeat.

Indeed he’s a different type indeed, we need to get moving with the confidence, positive from Saturday definitely, Omobamdele, Cantwell playing well, Nunez fitted in very well……but the performance was based upon a very negative Wigan setting up not to concede allowing us plenty of the ball, we still couldn’t break them down and make silly mistakes! 
So maybe some small shouts of improvement, but we need to see a lot more in the next three games as after that it gets a little trickier!

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Sack Shakespear tonight maybe Smith will resign 😜

But Shakey Is a good old boy! 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

But Shakey Is a good old boy! 

A dinosaur unfortunately. Decent players are regressing under his and Smith's methods.

• Like 3