Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Press conference

Looks like there’s some good news on Gibson and Sara who are both available tomorrow; Nunez awaiting clearance but hopeful it’ll be through; Byram (obviously!) and Idah are out.

Working on transfers, expecting more ins and outs from the sound of it

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Thanks 1

Shame about Idah. Hopefully this is him being not quite ready rather than something else. Attacking options are a concern.

Great news about Sara and Nunez, hopefully both will feature. I hope Smith is bold rather than cautious - we need a win!

17 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Oooh, look at me, look at me

Oh shut up you silly sasuage if I post something thats been posted straight away I get 'already been posted' You're boring.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh shut up you daft ****, if I post something thats been posted straight away I get 'already been posted'

I started well before you’d posted…

• Like 1

It's interesting what this does for Hernandez, I think he should be one of the players heading out the door...great chap but not really up to the standard we should be aspiring to.

But the fact that he can probably help the new South American players settle in and is clearly a passionate and fun guy does mean he brings something else to the squad. Given Rowe is out for a while I think his value of  being around the team, even when not playing, may mean he should stay.

I would like to see Sara and Nunez both start, if available. Dowell too.

Let the players work it out on the pitch.

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I started well before you’d posted…

Typing up a post takes longer than a copy and paste too! 

Edited by Greavsy

Idah and Byram both injured. May as well just pin this to the top of the forum until further notice 😂

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Having a go at Cambridge Canary is small club energy

He’s literally doing nothing wrong

I’m sure he’s glad you’ve got his back, but I don’t really think anyone cares that much.

• Like 3

When you see the players we've got who are about to make debuts, or soon to be returning from injury, it does make you realise how strong our squad is. It gives me hope anyway.

34 minutes ago, rock bus said:

It's interesting what this does for Hernandez, I think he should be one of the players heading out the door...great chap but not really up to the standard we should be aspiring to.

But the fact that he can probably help the new South American players settle in and is clearly a passionate and fun guy does mean he brings something else to the squad. Given Rowe is out for a while I think his value of  being around the team, even when not playing, may mean he should stay.

Hes better than Sargent.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I would like to see Sara and Nunez both start, if available. Dowell too.

Let the players work it out on the pitch.

Sara yeah, Nunez might be too soon considering he's probably only had a couple of days training with us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sara yeah, Nunez might be too soon considering he's probably only had a couple of days training with us.

Although that may not be a bad thing 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

This Dean Smith quote is worth noting:

"It’s a long window, there will be some more ins and outs. We need some more creativity.”

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

This Dean Smith quote is worth noting:

"It’s a long window, there will be some more ins and outs. We need some more creativity.”

I was surprised by that. I assumed that Nunez would be the last. Perhaps they think we'll soon be due some money for Maddison 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I was surprised by that. I assumed that Nunez would be the last. Perhaps they think we'll soon be due some money for Maddison 

Wingers can be creative and we've known about wanting one of those for a while.

54 minutes ago, AJ said:

Idah and Byram both injured. May as well just pin this to the top of the forum until further notice 😂

I doubt either of these players will ever be physically able to put a run of games together - surely time to move them on? 

54 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m sure he’s glad you’ve got his back, but I don’t really think anyone cares that much.

Agreed, just one or two that have labelled him an enemy of the state for some reason 🤣

15 minutes ago, astro said:

I doubt either of these players will ever be physically able to put a run of games together - surely time to move them on? 

Byram is most likely only ever going to be backup, to that end he might still be useful given he is actually quite a good footballer when fit. As for Idah, despite being young I think this is his last season to prove himself as we seriously need to start thinking about what happens after Pukki and I'm fairly certain at this stage Idah is not the answer

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Shame about Idah. Hopefully this is him being not quite ready rather than something else. Attacking options are a concern.

Great news about Sara and Nunez, hopefully both will feature. I hope Smith is bold rather than cautious - we need a win!

You know what I would do?

I would stop treating Sargent as a wide player, get a wide player in and let Idah out on loan. Use Pukki, Hugill and Sargent as the strikers and give Idah the chance to play regularly for the first time.

2 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Oooh, look at me, look at me

The irony of someone called "Don't be Krul" posting something which is actually pretty cruel shouldn't be ignored.

Perhaps we should get his username changed to I'm a Krul **** Stain? 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

56 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I would stop treating Sargent as a wide player, get a wide player in and let Idah out on loan. Use Pukki, Hugill and Sargent as the strikers and give Idah the chance to play regularly for the first time.

The irony of someone called "Don't be Krul" posting something which is actually pretty cruel shouldn't be ignored.

Jog on

Edited by Don’t be Krul

I'm really enjoying this whole 'not discussing Norwich City but discussing who should be discussing Norwich City and in which way' vibe we have got going on at the moment. 

Anyway. Who do we start in central midfield, both the new lads or just one and leave the other on the bench? If so, who are we dropping?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

……oh the irony 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I care. Once upon a time I only had to scroll past his quotes. Now I have to scroll past those, then past the posters slagging him off, and then past the people sticking up for him. To say it’s tedious doesn’t cover it.

I don’t know about small club energy, more like playground energy.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I care. Once upon a time I only had to scroll past his quotes. Now I have to scroll past those, then past the posters slagging him off, and then past the people sticking up for him. To say it’s tedious doesn’t cover it.

I don’t know about small club energy, more like playground energy.

There is an ignore button...............