Dean Coneys boots

Smith out - Weigman in

Smith doesn’t seem to fit this club. As was stated on a podcast - both he and Norwich are like a rebound couple in which each party is missing their past love and not 100% into it.

I wonder if a total refresh would work- bring in the excellent Sarina - be a huge publicity coup for the club- would suit our nice boy image and I think she is more tactically astute. Well we can but dream 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots
  • Haha 3

The idea that Weigman would leave the England Ladies team, at the absolute peak of their power and prestige, 12 months away from a World Cup, to come to Norwich, is pretty funny.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s tongue in cheek not a serious suggestion 

Then why post it ...

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Smith doesn’t seem to fit this club. As was stated on a podcast - both he and Norwich are like a rebound couple in which each party is missing their past love and not 100% into it.

I wonder if a total refresh would work- bring in the excellent Sarina - be a huge publicity coup for the club- would suit our nice boy image and I think she is more tactically astute. Well we can but dream 

We couldn't afford her.

As much as this is obviously no more than half serious, I do think that when the time comes and we start to see female managers in the mens game Norwich do seem like the kind of club that might be willing to give it a go. 
the smart money is probably on Emma Hayes if the first is to be from the current crop. MK Dons might be another club who I could see making the first move, would certainly be a big PR move and get the media spotlight.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The problem is,  this isn't something anyone would be surprised to see you post seriously. Especially off the back of: Smith doesn't fit our style, we don't have enough CMs, we don't have 4 cb's... and other numerous posts that just set this up to sound real.

Emoticon use may help you next time... 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

The idea that Weigman would leave the England Ladies team, at the absolute peak of their power and prestige, 12 months away from a World Cup, to come to Norwich, is pretty funny.

She has better players at her disposal than Smith does. I bet he'd rather play her bunch of girls over his. Nothing would bring Weigman to Norwich she is on the up we on the down.

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

To be honest Bootso, I treat all of your posts as such. 🤷😇💤💤💤💤💤💤 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Would really depend on how she views things. She might consider it mission accomplished with England, she might want to be a trailblazer for female coaches. No matter what people with Ukraine flags in their twitter handles tell you Norwich City is absolutely a higher profile station than the England Ladies team, maybe she wants that and the cash that would come with it.

I'd imagine she'd consider it if offered a chance to speak to the club. Or at least It probably wouldn't be met with offence like Emma Hayes and the Wimbledon link. 

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Would really depend on how she views things. She might consider it mission accomplished with England, she might want to be a trailblazer for female coaches. No matter what people with Ukraine flags in their twitter handles tell you Norwich City is absolutely a higher profile station than the England Ladies team, maybe she wants that and the cash that would come with it.

I'd imagine she'd consider it if offered a chance to speak to the club. Or at least It probably wouldn't be met with offence like Emma Hayes and the Wimbledon link. 

*Sits back and puts on 3d glasses for the forthcoming battle thread*

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

😂😂 imagining for 1 second she’s come here 🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣Imagine Sounding like an 'internet personality ' yet again 🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

No matter what people with Ukraine flags in their twitter handles tell you Norwich City is absolutely a higher profile station than the England Ladies team, maybe she wants that and the cash that would come with it.

On what metric are you basing the idea that Norwich City is absolutely a higher profile station than the England Ladies team?

35 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

On what metric are you basing the idea that Norwich City is absolutely a higher profile station than the England Ladies team?

All of them other than it's a National team that can draw a big tv audiences if things are going well during a summer tournament. Although even that you could counter with we'll have big audiences whilst playing big sides. Comparing club and international management is difficult in 1 version of the game let alone 2, so there aren't many perfect metrics to do so.

0wzTaXA.png

Also if this is legit she's obviously shooting fish in a barrel at the moment, might fancy a change.

She took over a group of players and made them a better team. 
something Smith hasnt managed so far. 

All this its not his team is rubbish, we use the Sporting Director set up so they never will be

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

All of them other than it's a National team that can draw a big tv audiences if things are going well during a summer tournament. Although even that you could counter with we'll have big audiences whilst playing big sides.

All of them? I'd be happy with just one?

And what big sides do you think will attract big audiences that would rival what Wiegman's Lionesses just enjoyed?

You do know that more than twice as many people watched the Euros semi-final and final than the FA Cup Final, don't you?

You might as well be speculating that Smith will be replaced by Klopp.

2 minutes ago, percy varco said:

All this its not his team is rubbish, we use the Sporting Director set up so they never will be

This drives me nuts, do you really think he has absolutely no say on new players ?

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

And what big sides do you think will attract big audiences that would rival what Wiegman's Lionesses just enjoyed?

Salut, my old jousting partner.

A more logical comparison than the FA cup would be our play off final at Wembley. 85k for ours and 87k for the Euro final just passed, one being a home-ground international final (though I'm not really sure attendance is a metric of any worth given the massive discrepancies at play)