Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Did that really happen?

It’s not often I’m lost for words, but how did we manage to lose today?  Cardiff had literally no threat the entire game, but somehow we manufactured a defeat from it.  That’s utterly ridiculous.

It is 100% down to us playing down to their level like amateurs in the second half…but even then they spent literally no time in our half.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

Because we have no creativity. It’s the same problem from last season. You can’t simply stick Pukki up front and expect goals to happen, he needs supply off the shoulder and the midfield need to progress the ball forwards quickly and with intent.

Rashica and Sargent did absolutely nothing today. I’d replace them both next game, no question.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, we can't score. We don't have Buendia, we don't have Skipp, Pukki looks finished and Smith clearly does not even know his best formation or players. 

Jesus christ you haven't got the slightest clue and was saying the polar opposite only a couple weeks ago. Keep yourself in check a little, it's causing second hand embarrassment 

Lee Hendrie on soccer Saturday said Norwich have no identity. He is a complete tool whose tactical knowledge you can fit on a postage stamp. But even he can see the obvious

• Like 2

It was a pretty rude awakening to the Championship.

Dirty tactics, poor officiating and if you aren’t switched on and let a team get in front with a soft goal they’ll park the bus and good luck breaking them down.

Cardiff looked every bit a standard Championship team and we didn’t have the ability to either match them at their level or outplay them.

That’s why we lost.

• Like 6

Rashica and Sargent both looked ineffective signings last year but in this division you give them the benefit of the doubt. Both were shocking and offered absolutely no threat whatsoever. Atleast Onel had a go. 

You cannot play Sargent and Pukki together, it just does not work. Maybe Sargent with Hugill, but the quicker we can get someone in to feed Pukki the better. 

Pray that Sara and Nunez (should he complete) can provide the service. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Jesus christ you haven't got the slightest clue and was saying the polar opposite only a couple weeks ago. Keep yourself in check a little, it's causing second hand embarrassment 

Oh, sorry. It was a great reuslt today, can't wait to see more of the same  Smith knows what he's doing fantastic football against Cardiff. That better?

• Haha 2

Classic case of a team that sleep-walked into a defeat. Also a classic case of a team that's not quite bedded in yet. A bit more pace on the passing moves, or Kenny's shot going under the bar (I think if that had gone in, we'd have gone on to win it), and some better set-pieces, and we'd have edged that in a classic Championship tussle where refined football is often rendered very difficult.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

If you ever want an example of how little attacking threat we have that was it. I only hope somehow Hayden and Sara can completely overhaul the way we play under Smith...

• Like 1

Also let's be rationale, Cardiff are aiming for the playoffs this season they don't have a terrible squad

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No but congratulations on proving my point you absolute f*cking idiot.

Calm down, no need for insults. Take a breath.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Because we have no creativity. It’s the same problem from last season. You can’t simply stick Pukki up front and expect goals to happen, he needs supply off the shoulder and the midfield need to progress the ball forwards quickly and with intent.

Rashica and Sargent did absolutely nothing today. I’d replace them both next game, no question.

A very low rent game. 

Very unclear what patterns we were trying to replicate to create passa-gol opportunities. 

If you have Pukki, you must set up the team to provide him with the kind of ball he requires. We very rarely even tried it. Odd.

Taking off c£20m in Rashica and Sargent a sad indictment. And I do not say it was wrong. Cantwell looked the most likely, though he has come in from the cold of course. 

Hernandez flatters to deceive, little end product. Hugill game, though clumsy. But we knew all that already.

As Farke might have said ‘I cannot see the coach’s fingerprint’ 

Parma 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh, sorry. It was a great reuslt today, can't wait to see more of the same  Smith knows what he's doing fantastic football against Cardiff. That better?

To be fair there was only one side interested in playing football.  We were out-Millwalled by one of their legends…when Cardiff play Millwall it’ll be awful - but you have to be able to compete against that if you’re going to do well in this division.  We should know this already.   If nothing else it’s a wake-up call.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, we can't score. We don't have Buendia, we don't have Skipp, Pukki looks finished and Smith clearly does not even know his best formation or players. 

"Pukki looks finished". I despair, I really, really do.  How do you manage to get dressed in the morning?

Canary Call - Fans really angry already- glad the football on tele  community  shield this evening to take our mind of the game today

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

No but congratulations on proving my point you absolute f*cking idiot.

Listen mate don't throw that around. He's said nothing that deserves that. Disagree with him but come on, we were terrible and smith is now indefensible. Pukki comment was silly but christ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hold on, weren't you crying like a little **** a few days ago about people criticising Smith??? 🙄

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s not often I’m lost for words, but how did we manage to lose today?  Cardiff had literally no threat the entire game, but somehow we manufactured a defeat from it.  That’s utterly ridiculous.

It is 100% down to us playing down to their level like amateurs in the second half…but even then they spent literally no time in our half.  

Why are you surprised ? Come on, back the manager and his style of play.

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

"Pukki looks finished". I despair, I really, really do.  How do you manage to get dressed in the morning?

Clearly that was ott but he’s looked pretty ordinary form-wise in pre-season - didn’t get anything from the ref today, but he needs to up his game along with everyone else. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Hold on, weren't you crying like a little **** a few days ago about people criticising Smith??? 🙄

You think today was Smith’s fault?  Why?  It’s the exact XI literally everyone said they’d have played. The players badly underperformed, it has far more to do with them.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Flip, flop, flip, flop. We don't want to be the new Watford. 

Back the manager like you bleat to everybody else they should.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You think today was Smith’s fault?  Why?  The players badlY underperformed, it has little to do with him. 

Erm re-read the comment, I actually made no reference to what I think of Smith either way to Cambridge. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Listen mate don't throw that around. He's said nothing that deserves that. Disagree with him but come on, we were terrible and smith is now indefensible. Pukki comment was silly but christ.

The Pukki point is as hyperbole as you can get.

He was having a go at people for questioning Smith a week ago and he does it 90 minutes into the season. It's pathetic.

I wish I could active my old twitter to find the tweet I made after the 3rd game of his tenure where I said Smith has no style or redeemable quality when it comes to football management.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The Pukki point is as hyperbole as you can get.

He was having a go at people for questioning Smith a week ago and he does it 90 minutes into the season. It's pathetic.

Fair. I understand how frustrating it is following individual posters on this board - some are brutally out of line with logical thinking. But we're all one, we're all Norwich fans and we all care so much.

• Like 1

Nothing up with Pukki.

It's the cretin playing a formation that nullifies one of the most prolific strikers this league has ever seen.

Like taking a Formula 1 car to race on an off road circuit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Nothing up with Pukki.

It's the cretin playing a formation that nullifies one of the most prolific strikers this league has ever seen.

Like taking a Formula 1 car to race on an off road circuit.

Perfect.