Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Selling Season Ticket back for individual games

8 minutes ago, Canarybee said:

If it sells, i think they credit you on next seasons season ticket.

Do you know how much credit you get for each game, e.g. £20?  or could you a get cash refund at the ticket office for the game instead? 

Last season was £20, probably less this season with tickets costing less.

One thing I found out last season was that they won't put your ticket on resale (together with all the others on buyback) until the initial remaining tickets sell.

I have a great seat, so thought it would sell straight away, but as the match I couldn't make didn't sell out, my ticket never made resale.

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

How does this work for a standard adult ticket in the Barclay? 

49 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Last season was £20, probably less this season with tickets costing less.

One thing I found out last season was that they won't put your ticket on resale (together with all the others on buyback) until the initial remaining tickets sell.

I have a great seat, so thought it would sell straight away, but as the match I couldn't make didn't sell out, my ticket never made resale.

1 hour ago, Canarybee said:

If it sells, i think they credit you on next seasons season ticket.

Don’t bother complete waste of time

I could t make the last game of the season so put my seat on buy back , I got £15 so assume it was sold to a under 21 or over 65 otherwise it would have been £20

i think the £20 has been reduced to £15 for the upcoming season

its easy to do  via the website and the money is put in to your one account where you can use it as credit or withdraw it

• Like 1

Based on ticket sales for first three games unless this picks up or City start to perform doesn't look there will be any Sold Out notices going up. 

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

I could t make the last game of the season so put my seat on buy back , I got £15 so assume it was sold to a under 21 or over 65 otherwise it would have been £20

Probaby went to a Spurs fan lying about their age.

I think comments on here are a bit negative about the scheme. Shocker for this forum.

I normally make most games but last season for a host of reasons I missed a few. My seat in the south stand only failed to sell once.

Last season the system changed so you could ask for the money to be refunded to your credit card, a big step up from only being able to use for club purchases and maybe even only tickets.

So a positive experience of this scheme last season.

Will seats sell this season? Probably will depend on our form. In the premier league seats will sell because casuals will want to see a top tier game. In the Championship when away allocations are not fully taken and there are more casual seats available, then I think resales will depend on whether or not the team are pushing for promotion.

Edited by Sussexyellow
  • Like 2

Puzzling how to reconcile the positions of Captcanary and Sussex yellow?

The reason why the Club runs this scheme is of course only because of pressure on ground capacity. In some senses the scheme is generous. Then again in other circumstances some season ticket holders may opt to be casuals.

If the system is run it should be seen to allocate refunds fairly. There is no transparency on 'if your seat is sold'. It would be better to create a pool fund from all recycled seats for each game and allocate a share of the pool back to everyone who returned a ticket. You wouldn't know how much you will get each game but everyone would get something if seats were recycled.

22 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The reason why the Club runs this scheme is of course only because of pressure on ground capacity. In some senses the scheme is generous. Then again in other circumstances some season ticket holders may opt to be casuals.

If the system is run it should be seen to allocate refunds fairly. There is no transparency on 'if your seat is sold'. It would be better to create a pool fund from all recycled seats for each game and allocate a share of the pool back to everyone who returned a ticket. You wouldn't know how much you will get each game but everyone would get something if seats were recycled.

Imagine the admin for that? 

Is there anything that that clubs runs that you agree with? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Imagine the admin for that? 

Is there anything that that clubs runs that you agree with? 

I wonder what the admin is for the current random system? Do they go through manually? How did City4eva get a refund for the Spurs game when presumably many of the casuals weren't taken up and therefore as for many games last season the dividend ought to have been NIL? I thought you wanted to protect the Clubs purse? This just seems to be a lottery? 

2,000 handbacks, 1,000 recycled. Full House recycle £15 per game. All handbacks £7.50 each. Simple.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I wonder what the admin is for the current random system? Do they go through manually? How did City4eva get a refund for the Spurs game when presumably many of the casuals weren't taken up and therefore as for many games last season the dividend ought to have been NIL? I thought you wanted to protect the Clubs purse? This just seems to be a lottery? 

2,000 handbacks, 1,000 recycled. Full House recycle £15 per game. All handbacks £7.50 each. Simple.

People have complained previously that the buyback amount wasn't enough to encourage them to use it, and whilst your proposal increases the chance of a pay out, its at a massively reduced rate.

Why should someone selling back a "premium" ticket in a central seat get back tge same as a cheaper one behind the goals? Also you make no allowances, surprisingly, for concessionary tickets.

Also every refund costs money to process and make tge payment , in your example your doubling both those elements. 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

I've not got any real gripes with the system, but just wanted to point out that the way it worked with the initial batch needing to sell out first, as that was news to me at the time.

Last season the late date change for Chelsea at home caused me to try the buyback for the first time in the 20+ years of having my current seat. I just thought it would go straight onto the site for sale, and as it's a good position, it would go quickly compared to restricted view one etc. However, all those need to sell beforehand.

In my one experience of trying it, I could see a couple of days before the game that it wouldn't sell out, so took my seat back off of buyback and let a colleague use it.

It wouldn't stop me from trying it again, but as someone has mentioned already, based on the uptake of the first 3 games, I wouldn't pin my hopes on assuming that it would sell and I'd get £xx back.

4 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

I've not got any real gripes with the system, but just wanted to point out that the way it worked with the initial batch needing to sell out first, as that was news to me at the time.

Last season the late date change for Chelsea at home caused me to try the buyback for the first time in the 20+ years of having my current seat. I just thought it would go straight onto the site for sale, and as it's a good position, it would go quickly compared to restricted view one etc. However, all those need to sell beforehand.

In my one experience of trying it, I could see a couple of days before the game that it wouldn't sell out, so took my seat back off of buyback and let a colleague use it.

It wouldn't stop me from trying it again, but as someone has mentioned already, based on the uptake of the first 3 games, I wouldn't pin my hopes on assuming that it would sell and I'd get £xx back.

From a commercial perspective it is not hard to see that the club will wish to sell the seats it already has ahead of those that it will be buying back from season ticket holders.

A couple of days before the game is a little early to judge whether a game will sell out, a lot of tickets I believe get sold on game day hence the queues outside the ticket office. My seat sold for the Chelsea game so the game must have sold out at some point. 

However good on you for getting you seat used by letting a colleague have it.

8 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Even before 5ge buyback prices were standardised, it was always a requirement that the club tickets sold out first.

Its always been better to pass to a friend than use buyback in my opinion. 

I put at least 6 on buy back last season. Apparently none of them sold (in that I didn't get a discount from this years season ticket cost) yet according to the people I sit next to, my seat was occupied on at least 4 of those occasions.

It's a bad scheme, run badly.

Just now, sgncfc said:

I put at least 6 on buy back last season. Apparently none of them sold (in that I didn't get a discount from this years season ticket cost) yet according to the people I sit next to, my seat was occupied on at least 4 of those occasions.

It's a bad scheme, run badly.

Have you checked your account? The refund does not get automatically applied against your season ticket, you can elect to do that of course, ask for the cash or buy away tickets. The club leave it up to you. So check you may find you have credit on your account.

I always ask my neighbour if the seat was occupied and then check my account online. Has worked well for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sussexyellow said:

Have you checked your account? The refund does not get automatically applied against your season ticket, you can elect to do that of course, ask for the cash or buy away tickets. The club leave it up to you. So check you may find you have credit on your account.

I always ask my neighbour if the seat was occupied and then check my account online. Has worked well for me.

Wow! Who knew? My God, you have to search for it but you're right - thanks very much, I now have £80 to spend!

• Like 2

Just now, sgncfc said:

Wow! Who knew? My God, you have to search for it but you're right - thanks very much, I now have £80 to spend!

Your welcome

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Club changed it under Ben Kensell as fans complaint was it took too long waiting to get the refund, and you only got it if you renewed the following season. 

A good example of club listening and changing a system. Not everyone will be happy but at least they have tried. 

44 minutes ago, Sussexyellow said:

From a commercial perspective it is not hard to see that the club will wish to sell the seats it already has ahead of those that it will be buying back from season ticket holders.

A couple of days before the game is a little early to judge whether a game will sell out, a lot of tickets I believe get sold on game day hence the queues outside the ticket office. My seat sold for the Chelsea game so the game must have sold out at some point. 

However good on you for getting you seat used by letting a colleague have it.

He's a Port Vale supporter, recently moved to the city, and had a good evening. Even enjoyed VAR(!).

Plus he spent some money in the Club Shop on a Pukki scarf, so at least some money went back into the coffers that way!

44 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Club changed it under Ben Kensell as fans complaint was it took too long waiting to get the refund, and you only got it if you renewed the following season. 

A good example of club listening and changing a system. Not everyone will be happy but at least they have tried. 

Do you know how much you get back on a season ticket for lfe if you cannot make the game Greavsy ? 😜

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Do you know how much you get back on a season ticket for lfe if you cannot make the game Greavsy ? 😜

Can you let me know as I was thinking about re-writing my Will.

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I'm not sure of the amount, but I'm sure its credited to your account and can only be claimed by your children, after the holder passes.......

Edited by Greavsy

28 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Essex is holding out for a pre-arranged payment to cover the next 50 seasons worth of games he may not be able to attend.

• Haha 1

Thumbs up to this thread. Just banked my credit from last season that I'd forgotten about. 

If no more transfers materialise I take full responsibility.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Essex is holding out for a pre-arranged payment to cover the next 50 seasons worth of games he may not be able to attend.

Guessing they won't be in the standing area either?