Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Selling Season Ticket back for individual games

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

As I can't claim buyback, my wife and I left our seats empty for the Spurs game. Looks like my decision led to 2 other supporters being able to claim refunds whereas they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.  Seems like a levelling up gesture to me relative to footballing staff and senior managers at NCFC - an organisation that thinks 1 person's 1,000 units isn't equal to another person's same.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

I will let my mate who has 4 lounge tickets but thinks he can only sell back at £20  and has left the seats empty in the past know that " ...And Smith must Score'  thinks it is £35. It may create space for 4 more supporters at some games..it may have done that in the past if he had been clear.

The amounts I quoted were for PL matches so may well be less this time round.

I normally try to let a friend have the ticket but we were so dire there was little interest. Surprisingly two of my buybacks were sold and just one with no takers. Pleasantly surprised.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Perhaps ask your mate to contact the ticket office directly with his query, cut out the middleman.

Happy to do that if only to test whether their feedback to him is more efficient than to me.

It is possibly again reflective of poor communication as is the lack of response to my email enquiry of 3 weeks ago as to why I can't claim a complementary away membership based on shareholding when someone else seems to have done exactly that.

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

@Greavsy @Thumbbass @sgncfc

Danny Casey (head of ticketing) got back to me really quickly and I've just had a good chat on the phone with him.

Regarding season ticket buyback, the club sends an automated email to you every time your buyback ticket is sold (Danny emailed me the wording of this, see below!). @sgncfc, if you (or anyone else reading!) are sure you didn't receive those emails, best to contact the ticket office directly in case they hold the wrong details.

"Thank you for using Norwich City Football Club's Season Ticket buyback scheme. Your seat has been purchased by another supporter and you will receive a credit on your online account within 3 days of the fixture. You will be able to use this credit against future ticket/event purchases or you can withdraw your One Account balance to your saved card on your ticketing account."

It's standard practice, and has been for some years, that anything the club 'owes' you is credited back to your account, and you can either use it against future purchases, leave it dormant in your account, or take it back onto your saved payment card (if you have one set up).

This was also the case for when the club refunded membership fees due to the pandemic, although fans were all contacted at the time to inform them of this.

Can also confirm that there is no time limit on credit in your account; if there ever was a time limit associated with a credit/account balance, the club would contact people to let them know (but that means more admin, so there's no logical reason for the club to time-limit account credit!).

Further, if there is a positive balance on your account, the website should automatically offer you the option to use that credit against a future purchase before further money is taken from your payment card.

Put simply, there are so many credit fluctuations among our many thousands of members, that it's neither viable nor deemed necessary to send out reminders to people if they have a credit on their account, as in the overwhelming majority of cases this credit is spent in the next transaction(s).

Definitely worth asking all your City-supporting mates to check their accounts though, in case they get a little windfall like a couple of people on this thread have! 🙂

Thankyou for this FTW. I have on my account credits going back to 19-20. Yet I was under the impression that until last year any credit was applied to the next season's season ticket charge. I have never received an email from the club telling me my seat has sold - I get all their other emails without a problem. 

My son has the same experience - he's now also found a credit at my prompting. Never received an email.

It seems others on here agree that the "automated" email isn't being sent and it would be helpful if the account balance was easier to find. However, I'm not about to beat the club over credits which are there and I didn't know about - I'm an adult and I should have checked. Now I know how to, I will.

Agree with sgncfc.

Whatever Danny Casey thinks happens I’ve never had an email from the club to say my buyback seat has been sold. I ask the chap who sits next to me if anyone attends a match I miss. If there was then the chances are it was sold but it’s pure guesswork unless you could fathom out how to check your account. 

Clearly the left hand isn’t in tune with the right…..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Stephan said he did so much for the shareholders.

Source/Link to that as i have never seen that said anywhere by him.

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Agree with sgncfc.

Whatever Danny Casey thinks happens I’ve never had an email from the club to say my buyback seat has been sold. I ask the chap who sits next to me if anyone attends a match I miss. If there was then the chances are it was sold but it’s pure guesswork unless you could fathom out how to check your account. 

Clearly the left hand isn’t in tune with the right…..

Exactly this, never received any email from them, my details are sound and up to date and I check my junk regularly. Mr Casey probably needs to have a word with his tech team to rectify this as he’d be embarrassed to know what he thinks is happening actually isn’t. 

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Source/Link to that as i have never seen that said anywhere by him.

His words were 'I hope that my chairmanship of the Audit Committee has been helpful to my board colleagues and all shareholders of the Club'

Perhaps he isn't sure?

Google ' Stephan Phillips Norwich City'

7 hours ago, essex canary said:

Happy to do that if only to test whether their feedback to him is more efficient than to me.

You're starting to understand, I see. 

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:
  10 hours ago, essex canary said:

Stephan said he did so much for the shareholders.

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

His words were 'I hope that my chairmanship of the Audit Committee has been helpful to my board colleagues and all shareholders of the Club'

Perhaps he isn't sure?

Google ' Stephan Phillips Norwich City

So he didn't say it then.? 

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

So he didn't say it then.? 

He certainly said 'I hope'.

Perhaps a pity he didn't do more than hope given the weaknesses in Club systems identified in this thread and another thread earlier this week. Seems like there is still scope for the role which was the main content of the debate I was having with Tilly who implied nobody bar me was interested. 

On 27/07/2022 at 13:48, sgncfc said:

I put at least 6 on buy back last season. Apparently none of them sold (in that I didn't get a discount from this years season ticket cost) yet according to the people I sit next to, my seat was occupied on at least 4 of those occasions.

It's a bad scheme, run badly.

They give empty seats  to some of the stewards and gate staff 

Edited by daly

On 27/07/2022 at 17:50, Greavsy said:

We should start a new thread - 

have you been mis-sold a season ticket? 

Have you not claimed your ticket rebate?

money in an account you didnt realise you had?! 

i worry that the first part might prompt a well known shareholder to pipe up though! 😉 

Sure we could find someone in India to make some cold calls 

Next time my 7.30am Indian caller wakes me up I’ll pass on your details 

On 26/07/2022 at 19:41, city4eva said:

Why is it?

Can’t see many away fans taking up their quota of seats so obviously the club will sell those first. 

6 hours ago, daly said:

They give empty seats  to some of the stewards and gate staff 

he had his refund for those 4 , he just hadnt seen it in his account, this thread seems to have helped a few people locate their refunds

5 hours ago, daly said:

Can’t see many away fans taking up their quota of seats so obviously the club will sell those first. 

Indeed but if we are doing well I suspect we will still sell out so the buy back could still work

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps a pity he didn't do more than hope given the weaknesses in Club systems identified in this thread and another thread earlier this week. Seems like there is still scope for the role which was the main content of the debate I was having with Tilly who implied nobody bar me was interested. 

It's not that no one's interested in the subject, I would hazard a guess that no one's interested in what you have to say about the subject. 

That surely makes it clear, at least 'i hope' it does 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

It's not that no one's interested in the subject, I would hazard a guess that no one's interested in what you have to say about the subject. 

That surely makes it clear, at least 'i hope' it does 

I hope youre right Corkio! 

9 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Exactly this, never received any email from them, my details are sound and up to date and I check my junk regularly. Mr Casey probably needs to have a word with his tech team to rectify this as he’d be embarrassed to know what he thinks is happening actually isn’t. 

I'm sure Danny wouldn't mind you dropping him an email quoting this thread/discussion (he knows me as Matt from the OSP) if you have concerns about it. I'm far from an expert in matters of IT, but if the email is automated as Danny says it is, that implies to me that it's a data/input error rather than a technical/software glitch?

For balance, presumably there are other people reading this thread who HAVE successfully received such an email upon buyback sale of their ST?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Could it be the automated email may have been filtered to a spam folder in these guys email box?

It could be, yeah, but neither I nor the club hold any sway over that 🙂

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

he knows me as Matt from the OSP

Not Fred? 🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Not Fred? 🤷‍♂️ 

Only you call me Fred! Although I quite like it, as my old man's nickname is Freddie so it reminds me of him 🙂

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Only you call me Fred! Although I quite like it, as my old man's nickname is Freddie so it reminds me of him 🙂

Fred(die) junior then! 😊 😊 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Nobody bar you, certainly not on the PinkUn is interested in the Audit Committee hence my question because only ever you keep banging on and on about it.

• Thanks 1

Just come across my S/T renewal letter for last season which states the following. 

image.png.2dc074240482639769f47e9661f3d429.png

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just come across my S/T renewal letter for last season which states the following. 

image.png.2dc074240482639769f47e9661f3d429.png

Yes, it was £20 for an Adult returned ticket in the ordinary seats and I think £35 for those who like a padded bum when they watch the footie.

Anyone in the posh seats confirm this ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

6 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes, it was £20 for an Adult returned ticket in the ordinary seats and I think £35 for those who like a padded bum when they watch the footie.

Anyone in the posh seats confirm this ?

So if as we are led to believe someone had 4 seats that is £140 a game which cannot be sniffed at.

Edited by TIL 1010

On 28/07/2022 at 16:47, essex canary said:

It is possibly again reflective of poor communication as is the lack of response to my email enquiry of 3 weeks ago as to why I can't claim a complementary away membership based on shareholding when someone else seems to have done exactly that.

Probably because you're a universal joke to anyone who deals with you at the club, in all honesty. They must see your number and all play a game on how to wind you up next. It seems to work, too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Probably because you're a universal joke to anyone who deals with you at the club, in all honesty. They must see your number and all play a game on how to wind you up next. It seems to work, too.

I think every one has sussed him. Well apart from himself. 

On 27/07/2022 at 14:10, Greavsy said:

Club changed it under Ben Kensell as fans complaint was it took too long waiting to get the refund, and you only got it if you renewed the following season. 

A good example of club listening and changing a system. Not everyone will be happy but at least they have tried. 

Worked for me OK last  season - had to miss two games  (Leeds and Watford) and my seat sold for every match. Got the refund back really quickly.  Far better than the  old system.

• Thanks 1