Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Selling Season Ticket back for individual games

Just now, Thumbbass said:

Thumbs up to this thread. Just banked my credit from last season that I'd forgotten about. 

If no more transfers materialise I take full responsibility.

Would be nice if the club issued a yearly statement or reminder for people to check their accounts.

Wonder if like gift cards etc, it has an expiry date?

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Wow! Who knew? My God, you have to search for it but you're right - thanks very much, I now have £80 to spend!

I didnt know my spurs seat had sold until my son told me to check my account yesterday and even then I had to ask him where to find it. like you say its well hidden and no notification of it being sold, a pleasant surprise when you do find it though

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Essex is holding out for a pre-arranged payment to cover the next 50 seasons worth of games he may not be able to attend.

Would that be possible as the  club currently do not have a chair of the Audit committee ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Do you know how much you get back on a season ticket for lfe if you cannot make the game Greavsy ? 😜

The answer is NIL. Illogical though because I have still paid for it. Mind you if they wished to give supporters a dross refund for the end of last season, I would be in favour of non-shareholder season ticket holders getting it but NOT shareholders on the grounds the latter are partly responsible.

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Would that be possible as the  club currently do not have a chair of the Audit committee ?

Is that inside information? Are you concerned about the time taken to fill that vacancy?

Edited by essex canary

21 hours ago, CaptCanary said:

Last season was £20, probably less this season with tickets costing less.

One thing I found out last season was that they won't put your ticket on resale (together with all the others on buyback) until the initial remaining tickets sell.

I have a great seat, so thought it would sell straight away, but as the match I couldn't make didn't sell out, my ticket never made resale.

Really puzzling all these people claiming refunds then. The first match against Liverpool you really would expect everyone who handed their ticket back to get the £20 bearing how much the demand would have been. Did all casual tickets sell for those last half dozen home games?

47 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Would be nice if the club issued a yearly statement or reminder for people to check their accounts.

Wonder if like gift cards etc, it has an expiry date?

An Annual Report to the OSP and included in their minutes would be useful.

Just now, essex canary said:

An Annual Report to the OSP and included in their minutes would be useful.

An individuals rebate status has nothing to do with the OSP.

unless I'm mistaken @Feedthewolf

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Why should someone selling back a "premium" ticket in a central seat get back tge same as a cheaper one behind the goals? Also you make no allowances, surprisingly, for concessionary tickets.

That is a very good point. My mate in the lounge seats complains about that because they are 50 per cent more to buy yet the refund is the same. 

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

That is a very good point. My mate in the lounge seats complains about that because they are 50 per cent more to buy yet the refund is the same. 

And you still suggested your levelling up proposal!  

25 minutes ago, essex canary said:

but NOT shareholders on the grounds the latter are partly responsible

Remind me of those games I played last season. Or those signings I made that didn't work out.

I had no clue this was how I got the money! I’d assumed no one had bought my ticket! Just got myself £20!! I know it was my own £20 but hey ho! 

We should start a new thread - 

have you been mis-sold a season ticket? 

Have you not claimed your ticket rebate?

money in an account you didnt realise you had?! 

i worry that the first part might prompt a well known shareholder to pipe up though! 😉 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

An individuals rebate status has nothing to do with the OSP.

unless I'm mistaken @Feedthewolf

@Feedthewolf

Seeing how many people are commenting on here that they didnt realise they had a rebate to collect, and as you have routes into the club - would you be able to see if they could do something along the following. 

Issue a standard message via their usual platforms advising people to check, and how to do so. OR

Run a batch job to see who has a credit, and contact them individually reminding them its there, and how to claim it. 

Would be a nice gesture of the club, in this time of hardship that people are experiencing. 

Thanks Fred! 😉

Thanks will try this next season, although I’d prefer to let a mate go as I can’t make many midweek games- or if anyone knows a genuine fan who struggles to get to games due to cost etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Is that inside information? Are you concerned about the time taken to fill that vacancy?

I think there is only one person around these parts who is concerened don't you  ?

13 hours ago, Greavsy said:

@Feedthewolf

Seeing how many people are commenting on here that they didnt realise they had a rebate to collect, and as you have routes into the club - would you be able to see if they could do something along the following. 

Issue a standard message via their usual platforms advising people to check, and how to do so. OR

Run a batch job to see who has a credit, and contact them individually reminding them its there, and how to claim it. 

Would be a nice gesture of the club, in this time of hardship that people are experiencing. 

Thanks Fred! 😉

Morning Grea(v)sy! 😛

Wish I'd have seen this thread yesterday, as we had an OSP meeting last night. Good idea, I'll send a message to the club today and report back (although from Sunday I'm on holiday for a week, so if I don't hear back today/tomorrow then it'll be another week until I can feed back/chase up).

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Morning Grea(v)sy! 😛

Wish I'd have seen this thread yesterday, as we had an OSP meeting last night. Good idea, I'll send a message to the club today and report back (although from Sunday I'm on holiday for a week, so if I don't hear back today/tomorrow then it'll be another week until I can feed back/chase up).

I think an automated email when it’s there with a link to the right place would be good tbh.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, essex canary said:

Are you sure ? The buyback was £20 for Block K in the South Stand but I’m pretty sure those in the padded seats were offered £35 which I thought at the time was pretty generous.

@Greavsy @Thumbbass @sgncfc

Danny Casey (head of ticketing) got back to me really quickly and I've just had a good chat on the phone with him.

Regarding season ticket buyback, the club sends an automated email to you every time your buyback ticket is sold (Danny emailed me the wording of this, see below!). @sgncfc, if you (or anyone else reading!) are sure you didn't receive those emails, best to contact the ticket office directly in case they hold the wrong details.

"Thank you for using Norwich City Football Club's Season Ticket buyback scheme. Your seat has been purchased by another supporter and you will receive a credit on your online account within 3 days of the fixture. You will be able to use this credit against future ticket/event purchases or you can withdraw your One Account balance to your saved card on your ticketing account."

It's standard practice, and has been for some years, that anything the club 'owes' you is credited back to your account, and you can either use it against future purchases, leave it dormant in your account, or take it back onto your saved payment card (if you have one set up).

This was also the case for when the club refunded membership fees due to the pandemic, although fans were all contacted at the time to inform them of this.

Can also confirm that there is no time limit on credit in your account; if there ever was a time limit associated with a credit/account balance, the club would contact people to let them know (but that means more admin, so there's no logical reason for the club to time-limit account credit!).

Further, if there is a positive balance on your account, the website should automatically offer you the option to use that credit against a future purchase before further money is taken from your payment card.

Put simply, there are so many credit fluctuations among our many thousands of members, that it's neither viable nor deemed necessary to send out reminders to people if they have a credit on their account, as in the overwhelming majority of cases this credit is spent in the next transaction(s).

Definitely worth asking all your City-supporting mates to check their accounts though, in case they get a little windfall like a couple of people on this thread have! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, and just to add: Danny confirmed that it is always the case that existing unsold tickets all have to be sold before the club utilises the buyback tickets. Common business sense, that, but just thought I'd let you know that this is officially the case.

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh, and just to add: Danny confirmed that it is always the case that existing unsold tickets all have to be sold before the club utilises the buyback tickets. Common business sense, that, but just thought I'd let you know that this is officially the case.

Thanks Wolfie. Were there any matches last season for which this clause wasn't met and therefore no refunds granted?

Would it be possible to also pick up the point about whether the standard refund amount is varied for lounge seats in the City Stand for which the standard price is considerably higher or concessionary seats the other way around?

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks Wolfie. Were there any matches last season for which this clause wasn't met and therefore no refunds granted?

Would it be possible to also pick up the point about whether the standard refund amount is varied for lounge seats in the City Stand for which the standard price is considerably higher or concessionary seats the other way around?

I suggest you contact the ticket office yourself if you have further queries.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for your efforts this morning wolfie so it is crystal clear to everybody how it works but surely you know by now that any questions answered just leads to another with essex.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Remind me of those games I played last season. Or those signings I made that didn't work out.

Absolutely. Just that shareholders in theory should have more rights to ask questions though no longer works in practice with NCFC.

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think there is only one person around these parts who is concerened don't you  ?

Stephan said he did so much for the shareholders. He must have left a big hole.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I will let my mate who has 4 lounge tickets but thinks he can only sell back at £20  and has left the seats empty in the past know that " ...And Smith must Score'  thinks it is £35. It may create space for 4 more supporters at some games..it may have done that in the past if he had been clear.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I will let my mate who has 4 lounge tickets but thinks he can only sell back at £20  and has left the seats empty in the past know that " ...And Smith must Score'  thinks it is £35. It may create space for 4 more supporters at some games..it may have done that in the past if he had been clear.

Perhaps ask your mate to contact the ticket office directly with his query, cut out the middleman.

21 hours ago, Greavsy said:

And you still suggested your levelling up proposal!  

As I can't claim buyback, my wife and I left our seats empty for the Spurs game. Looks like my decision led to 2 other supporters being able to claim refunds whereas they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.  Seems like a levelling up gesture to me relative to footballing staff and senior managers at NCFC - an organisation that thinks 1 person's 1,000 units isn't equal to another person's same.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

@Greavsy @Thumbbass @sgncfc

Danny Casey (head of ticketing) got back to me really quickly and I've just had a good chat on the phone with him.

Regarding season ticket buyback, the club sends an automated email to you every time your buyback ticket is sold (Danny emailed me the wording of this, see below!). @sgncfc, if you (or anyone else reading!) are sure you didn't receive those emails, best to contact the ticket office directly in case they hold the wrong details.

"Thank you for using Norwich City Football Club's Season Ticket buyback scheme. Your seat has been purchased by another supporter and you will receive a credit on your online account within 3 days of the fixture. You will be able to use this credit against future ticket/event purchases or you can withdraw your One Account balance to your saved card on your ticketing account."

It's standard practice, and has been for some years, that anything the club 'owes' you is credited back to your account, and you can either use it against future purchases, leave it dormant in your account, or take it back onto your saved payment card (if you have one set up).

This was also the case for when the club refunded membership fees due to the pandemic, although fans were all contacted at the time to inform them of this.

Can also confirm that there is no time limit on credit in your account; if there ever was a time limit associated with a credit/account balance, the club would contact people to let them know (but that means more admin, so there's no logical reason for the club to time-limit account credit!).

Further, if there is a positive balance on your account, the website should automatically offer you the option to use that credit against a future purchase before further money is taken from your payment card.

Put simply, there are so many credit fluctuations among our many thousands of members, that it's neither viable nor deemed necessary to send out reminders to people if they have a credit on their account, as in the overwhelming majority of cases this credit is spent in the next transaction(s).

Definitely worth asking all your City-supporting mates to check their accounts though, in case they get a little windfall like a couple of people on this thread have! 🙂

Could it be the automated email may have been filtered to a spam folder in these guys email box?