Was he ever ‘set’ to leave?   Of course it may yet happen, the transfer window annoyingly has another 5 weeks to go, but there’s been very little indication of a move thus far

If there's an offer of £20m tomorrow morning I would expect him to be sold.

From an Aarons, Pukki, Hanley, possibly Rashica perspective, I will be glad when the window shuts!

If you want to sell a player you have to do an interview with the media and say that you haven't had any offers for the player and you expect him to be with the club at the start of the season.

The club can't take any credit for keeping Max here. They can't sell him because nobody appears to want him - at least at whatever our asking price is. Expect a cut price sale. 

Edited by komakino

The transfer window is still open for over five weeks, so there’s no certainty the likes of him and a few more of our first choice players will be staying. As it stands though Byram, McLean, Sinani, Hernandez, Cantwell, Dowell, Martin, Pukki, Hugill, and Soto are all set to become free agents next summer, and so I think it’s highly likely in the next few weeks we w see some signing new contracts and some possibly departing

Edited by HazzaJet

2 minutes ago, komakino said:

The club can't take any credit for keeping Max here. They can't sell him because nobody appears to want him - at least at whatever our asking price is. Expect a cut price sale. 

That’s a random way of looking at it - surely the club should get credit for ensuring his price is such that he stays with us if we want him to?  

This may be heretical, but  ......... I don't think he's quite good enough for the PL. In that way he typifies many of our players; close but not quite there.

Aarons is regressing with us even when we do get promoted. I think he realises that and it's why he looks moody and miserable.

As much as I'd hate to lose him, he needs to be at an established Premier League club.

Will be interesting to see what happens when his contract is up.

The transfer window is still open for over five weeks, and so there’s no certainty that Aarons or any of our other first choice players will stay. As it stands though Byram, McLean, Sinani, Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez, Martin, Pukki, Hugill and Soto are all set to become free agents next summer, and so we might see some of them signing new contracts and some possibly departing in the next few weeks

Ultimately he hasn't pushed on as much as most (including myself) initially thought two years ago upon his first promotion. His natural level probably lies at a lower-Premier League level, say a Crystal Palace. 

Although he has improved this side of his game, defensively he is still very suspect aerially/vulnerable at the back-post and his offensive game also seems to have been stalled. A good player but not a player which would move a club like Palace further up the table for the money that would have to be spent on him, and there lies the problem.

29 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

The transfer window is still open for over five weeks, and so there’s no certainty that Aarons or any of our other first choice players will stay. As it stands though Byram, McLean, Sinani, Cantwell, Dowell, Hernandez, Martin, Pukki, Hugill and Soto are all set to become free agents next summer, and so we might see some of them signing new contracts and some possibly departing in the next few weeks

Looking at that list there’s only one I’d definitely want to keep and he seems most likely to go (Pukki).

I’d keep Cantwell as well if he stays focussed.

McClean is a useful player, Dowell too but not irreplaceable.

Is be pleased with new contracts for the first 2 and happy enough with the other 2.

Rest have been on fringes or injured too much and I’d be surprised if they get new contracts.

The problem for Max is that decent right backs are pretty easy to find when the world's your oyster and you have the bank balance of a Premier League club.

Throw into the mix that you are the hottest assest of a financially stable Norwich City and you can see why he's unlikely to move on any time soon.

2 hours ago, komakino said:

If our asking price is too high and we are therefore sticking firm and keeping hold of him, thats exactly what clubs are typically given credit for. F*ck sake 😅😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, komakino said:

What a strange thing to say. Who at the club is trying to make a credit out of his staying at the club?

To the contrary, the journalists are consistently suggesting the club wanted a sale to fund a greater rebuild. 

I hope he stays (unless he's desperate to move on of course) as he's quality on the ball, a seeming rarity in the squad at the moment.

In fact he's quality all round ... especially going forward and into an area that needs as much help as it can get if we are to score the necessary goals to achieve something this season.

S-d the money (for once,)  we need to hold onto our best.

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I hope he stays (unless he's desperate to move on of course) as he's quality on the ball, a seeming rarity in the squad at the moment.

In fact he's quality all round ... especially going forward and into an area that needs as much help as it can get if we are to score the necessary goals to achieve something this season.

S-d the money (for once,)  we need to hold onto our best.

I Think he is a very good player 

i think he is not helped by slow CB's  / CDM's who can not cover when the play is broken down and Aarons is caught up field 

i think this is why we Have not seen the old Aarons bombing forward 

i think Aarons could become a good PL player if he had to players to cover him and let him play his game 

3 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Looking at that list there’s only one I’d definitely want to keep and he seems most likely to go (Pukki).

I’d keep Cantwell as well if he stays focussed.

McClean is a useful player, Dowell too but not irreplaceable.

Is be pleased with new contracts for the first 2 and happy enough with the other 2.

Rest have been on fringes or injured too much and I’d be surprised if they get new contracts.

I would like to see Martin and Soto go the same way as Famewo and Bushiri so we get something for them whilst we still can, even though it would be a very small fee (~£50k) as I can’t see either of them having any future here, although I’m not fussed if they don’t. Byram is very questionable because he’s so injury prone, but he’s quite good when fit. I’m not massively bothered about losing Hugill, provided either Pukki signs a new contract or we sign a Pukki equivalent this summer as otherwise we will have to sign two new strikers next summer, which is the last thing we want if we get promoted. The rest I would like to see either sign new contracts or sold this summer, as I do believe we could be missing out on quite a bit if they go for nothing. It may take a few games before it happens though as you can’t judge a player on their pre-season performance and Sinani is yet to make a competitive first team appearance, Hugill and Hernandez are yet to for Smith, and of the few games Cantwell featured for Smith last season there was an issue regarding Cantwell’s mentality, which looks like it may have been sorted out now